Mojave I'm giving up. Can I pay someone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
Don't want to spend $100 on a new differential, but I absolutely CAN NOT get the front diff to be smooth enough to fit in the housing.

It's either too tight and it'll fit, or smooth but the screws are too loose and won't turn in the housing because the ring gear screws are out too far.

Disassembled and cleaned and reassembled about 3 times.

Does anyone on here service differentials? I'll provide oil and payment!!

Sometimes the housing has too much material and the ring gear hits near the large input bearing. Check and see if you have a notch or a burr there.

Will do sir!
Look in this area where the ring might hit the housing. Might have to notch it a little to make clearance

9587C384-5C7F-4546-ABA3-87F701D79F22.jpeg

Thanks guys! I was just feeling those notches while checking for debris!

I'll clean out all the grease and see what's up!!

If it was fine when I took it apart, and the diff internals bind when the screws are fully tightened, It's usually my top lsd disc has moved when trying to get the ring gear on. That top plate has to stay in that slot. This is good vid to watch just to make sure you're doing it right

Don't want to spend $100 on a new differential, but I absolutely CAN NOT get the front diff to be smooth enough to fit in the housing.

It's either too tight and it'll fit, or smooth but the screws are too loose and won't turn in the housing because the ring gear screws are out too far.

Disassembled and cleaned and reassembled about 3 times.

Does anyone on here service differentials? I'll provide oil and payment!!
Is that an exb?

4th times the charm!!!

Man... what a nightmare! I still the the diff is too tight, but I can't back the screws out any more, but it still feels good!

In the video he reams the ring gear screws in... on my lowest torque settings, the screws locked the diff up.

My diff plates looked cupped, so I flipped them around.

I'll get screws that aren't stripped at the hardware store tomorrow and put the center diff back together!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back