Kraton I'm having trouble finding the answer, K8s Hobbywing 56113 SL how do I mount it and get a decent size pinion on it also?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
The m2c racing slide says it taps out at 27T what motor mount could I get a 40t say to fit?
20200707_162338.jpg

Thank you anyone that may be able to help?

Ebay mount from fastlane, or the full m2c mount with big pinion slider. Maybe the just bash it rc slider for the stock mount... I currently have the fastlane mount with the sl56113 and a 45t pinion, had to cut out a piece of the sideguards though and dremel a bit of the steering since the mount is a little fatter.

Ebay mount from fastlane, or the full m2c mount with big pinion slider. Maybe the just bash it rc slider for the stock mount... I currently have the fastlane mount with the sl56113 and a 45t pinion, had to cut out a piece of the sideguards though and dremel a bit of the steering since the mount is a little fatter.
Legend, thank you.

The PPS Kraton 8s Motor mount insert!
"This gorgeous piece of High quality 6061 T6 USA Made Aircraft Grade Aluminum is for motors with 30mm bolt spacing only. It replaces the factory insert and gives you much more range in the factory mount.
Compatible with either 20mm or 30mm long motor shafts
UP TO a 62mm motor. 62mm is tight, but it fits. The 60mm Castle Creations 2028 fits beautifully.
UP TO a 44t pinion on the factory 47t spur. TTC Range (Something I am about to try make a thing) Or Total Tooth Count will be 66-91 teeth. That means any combination of gearing that adds up to a total between 66-91 teeth will fit. (30t spur, 61t pinion =91... or 51t spur 40t pinion=91... 47t spur 19t pinion=66) This way you can figure out what will and won't fit quick and easy!"

I just wasn't sure about the 30mm bolt spacing? This looks ideal otherwise?

Thanks again.
PPS makes one. They are wicked sweet
Thank you I just wanted to be confident it would fit the 56113?
What kind of speed are you achieving with that kind of gearing? I was nervous I went the wrong way getting the 800kv motor? Thanks mate.

M2c is better. Had the pps and the t6 is just too soft. I am using full m2c.

View attachment 88578View attachment 88579
Thank you, can you please let me know what size your can is, it looks like a 58mm? That info is very helpful. When you say full m2c do you mean the one designed for the m2c chassis and the long slide?

Last edited:
Yes it is a 58mm 1000kv leo. Motor mount and motor mount slide. He makes 2 version motor mounts. Stock chassi or his own chassi.

Also keep this in mind, if you go with larger longer heavier can you have a good chance of bending the motor mount if you bash with it. I did it to mine with my last motor. Keep that in mind.

Yes it is a 58mm 1000kv leo. Motor mount and motor mount slide. He makes 2 version motor mounts. Stock chassi or his own chassi.

Also keep this in mind, if you go with larger longer heavier can you have a good chance of bending the motor mount if you bash with it. I did it to mine with my last motor. Keep that in mind.
Did you order the slide for the larger pinons or standard, it says on the site that the large pinion slide can accept up to 47t.

If the long can is secured at the other end as well do you think in will survive? Thanks again.

I ordered the regular slide 8MM that goes up to 27T ( 3253). I have been trying to find something to secure the rear end but no luck yet. you can perfectly run the bigger cans with the existing setup but don't plan on crazy bashing or 10 feet jumps. That is why i went with the leo. It is lighter at 880g vs the other cans that are almost 1200-1300g.

What kind of speed are you achieving with that kind of gearing? I was nervous I went the wrong way getting the 800kv motor? Thanks mate.
Clocked vmax at about 56mph ~ 90kmh on a wet grass field with 4.3 trenchers on it.
I also second the statement about the motor being heavy, I do quite high jumps sometimes, enough to bend the motor mount. A support on the back of the can would really help.
800kv is great, torque for days ;)

Last edited:
I added a thin aluminum sheet and a rubber high temp piece under the motor for support. Works great.

Also took out the stock straps and installed my own that are stronger and easy to work with. I added a wire hook on each side of the tower to support the cables so they wont move around. Came out fantastic.

IMG_20200710_100448021.jpg
IMG_20200710_100441956.jpg

I added a thin aluminum sheet and a rubber high temp piece under the motor for support. Works great.

Also took out the stock straps and installed my own that are stronger and easy to work with. I added a wire hook on each side of the tower to support the cables so they wont move around. Came out fantastic.

View attachment 88984View attachment 88985
Very cool thanks mate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back