Kraton Im lost Cogging for days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
hey guys . I'm so confused ? ? I put a brand new 18t original arma pinion on my stock motor and stock esc. My punch is at 3 nothing crazy and I could believe it but the car just coggs and coughs and cant lay down any power!!! Im so pissed ? tbh

The thing is that I have been using a non orientation kinda rubbish 17t pinion for a while now and the car has been absorbed perfect! What I don't understand is how one more tooth on the pinion can cause so much problems?? I mean doesn't the typhon come with a optional 18t pinion? And its the same electronics and motor for the typhon.. ok so the kraton is heavier but for the life of me I can't under why the damn thing can't move with a pinion tooth that isnany higher than 16 or 17 .
It just does make sense and its really annoying meeeeeee

Arrma geniuses please help ? ? ?

Typhon and kraton.. apples, oranges...

The typhon has smaller tires, and different gearing, so comparing them is no good...

That rig on stock electrics shouldn't be run higher than 16t if you don't want cogging..

The typhon has smaller tires, and different gearing, so comparing them is no good...

That rig on stock electrics shouldn't be run higher than 16t if you don't want cogging..

Ok thanks man.i really need a new setup smh

Guess its time to take out the credit card .again

Yes and some very minor jumps .. nothing like you guys do senton it in the air like no Tomorrow
sending it*

What beats me is how there is such a drastic difference between a 17 and 18t .. you say nothing over 16 but ive been having a perfect balance with a 17t for a while .. and then all the poop starts when i go up to 18.

17 was a dream power wise
Thanks camaro for the input ?
but im still a bit confused idk

It will still cog on 17t you just don't notice it as much.. from a dead stop, punch it, you will see it jitter (cog) then take off.. even a 16t on my outcast yields a little cog.. it's the nature of a non sensored motor..

I'm a perfectionist. It does not cog on a 17t camaro not for one millisecond trust me man. But thats probably because I downed the puch so far .. it was at a normal punch it probably would still cog with my 17t . So now you make perfect sense to me. Thanks man you know your stuff.
Punch ** damn typo

Are you running stock tires too?

On 6S with stock electronics, I couldn't gear higher than a 13T without overheating in 10 minutes, but I was running trencher 3.8's. That was running on grass. At the skate park, 14T was fine, but I don't care to change stuff to suit where I'm driving, so I set it up for the worse case and deal with it.

I'm now running a max6 esc and stock motor, it would still cook the motor with 14T/trenchers in the grass. I recently tried the stock backflip tires after wrapping with kevlar and can run a 14T pretty safely.

Been thinking about upgrading the motor, but having a hard time keeping diffs alive as it is... and honestly, with the setup I have now, I can run pack after pack on an 80F day at a grass bmx track without issue. If the truck can make it through a pack without blowing a diff out. I think the backflips will help me there some as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back