Raider I'm new..need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micky7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi guys
I have a arrma raider mega brushed and the other day whilst my son was using it the car just stopped responding. It still responds to turning the servo works, but when you hit the throttle there is no response from the car, the ESC lights up as if it is responding but the car does not move?? any help would be appreciated..I looked and double checked all the components are connected and there are no loose wires or connections. It almost seems like the motor is just dead??

Mine did the same thing on the second run. My guess is the silt in the dusty area caused the contacts to short/wear out.
You can test a few ways; take the motor out and touch the leads to the battery and see if motor turns over. Or disconnect leads of motor and put your battery tester on the ESC side, pull the trigger and see if there's juice coming through.
If it is the motor, IMO, that's great news. Pitch the 15T and replace it with a 12T, you'll have more power, higher top end and loads more fun. There's loads of YTs on how to replace motor and set gear mesh.
You can pick up 12T's at the local hobby shop for between $20-$25 or online.
On the brushed motors, get used to cleaning with electrical contact cleaner. It's nasty stuff, make sure to use it outdoors, wear gloves and stay upwind. Or go brushless... :D

thanks you were spot on..the motor is fried.. I think I'll get the upgrades for a brushless setup. ;)

lol I know what you mean..I have a vaterra glamis uno which I've managed to have it doing speeds well over 80km/hr - since doing that i've broken so many parts and replaced so much stuff on it...BUT I cant stop :D now i've got both my kids into it and that's how we came across the arrma raider, I have to say I really like the arrma brand its got a great support network and lots of parts

lol I know what you mean..I have a vaterra glamis uno which I've managed to have it doing speeds well over 80km/hr - since doing that i've broken so many parts and replaced so much stuff on it...BUT I cant stop :D now i've got both my kids into it and that's how we came across the arrma raider, I have to say I really like the arrma brand its got a great support network and lots of parts
Wow, that is fast!
I've been getting all my spares from Tower as Arrma's aren't in the local hobby stores, not where I'm at. Haven't tried eBay yet, mostly because I'm happy with the service and prices at Tower.
Other thing that sold me on Arrma brand was the RC Saylors on YouTube, husband/wife team; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYWhRC3xtD_acDIZdr53huA

Yeah cool..Ebay is okay for some stuff not everything. I bought my vaterra gear from Modelflight online shop i think they are located somewhere in south australia. There not bad. However I must say if your in the ,market for cheap LIPO batteries then I have bought and tried the TURNIGY brand 3S Lipo and for the dirt cheap price they are excellent quality and better than alot of the branded ones..IMO.

Yeah cool..Ebay is okay for some stuff not everything. I bought my vaterra gear from Modelflight online shop i think they are located somewhere in south australia. There not bad. However I must say if your in the ,market for cheap LIPO batteries then I have bought and tried the TURNIGY brand 3S Lipo and for the dirt cheap price they are excellent quality and better than alot of the branded ones..IMO.

I like dirt cheap! Do you have a link to a 2S or 3S cheap LiPo?

No worries
I'll get some pics up of the raider with the new motor/esc combo in the next few weeks

I posted a YT on my brushelss upgrade.
It's one of my first YT's so kinda goes on a bit, oh well, YT doesn't charge by the minute, lol.

I posted a YT on my brushelss upgrade.
It's one of my first YT's so kinda goes on a bit, oh well, YT doesn't charge by the minute, lol.
What are the rear tyres u got on the raider? They look meaner and bigger? I like them

What are the rear tyres u got on the raider? They look meaner and bigger? I like them

They are Durtrax Six Pack,
Label says: SC Tire, Slash 4X Blitz F/R, part #DTXC3861
Unfortunately, I'm not good with short answers, lol.
After burning out the 15T and going to 12T, original 3 1/4 Dia tires just spun and dug holes in the dirt.
Went to local hobby store and found these, $26, left pinion and spur gears stock. No noticeable loss of acceleration, but picked up top end. Going to brushless, left same tires and gearing and now it's a "wheelie machine" on pavement and in the dirt, the acceleration pops the front wheels off the ground.
Here's a pic of the Raider tires next to the Duratrax:

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 44
Nice
They are Durtrax Six Pack,
Label says: SC Tire, Slash 4X Blitz F/R, part #DTXC3861
Unfortunately, I'm not good with short answers, lol.
After burning out the 15T and going to 12T, original 3 1/4 Dia tires just spun and dug holes in the dirt.
Went to local hobby store and found these, $26, left pinion and spur gears stock. No noticeable loss of acceleration, but picked up top end. Going to brushless, left same tires and gearing and now it's a "wheelie machine" on pavement and in the dirt, the acceleration pops the front wheels off the ground.
Here's a pic of the Raider tires next to the
Nice! I think i'll look into something like that for my sons raider

meh i cant find it lol why is it always near impossible to find out how to post a thread on forums. why cant there be a "post new thread" button on every page lol

basically i need to know how and who i send returns and or repairs for my raider blx. bought it new off ebay for xmas put a battery in and it caught fire. ive read this is a design fault. if this is the case the i would like a replacement as my blx esc is now fried and it could have been worse

meh i cant find it lol why is it always near impossible to find out how to post a thread on forums. why cant there be a "post new thread" button on every page lol
Pick the section you want to post, Raider, General Chaos, etc., then near top, on right, is a red box, white letters that says "Create Thread".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back