I'm on lockdown, help me choose..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I need something to do..!!

I'm thinking of buying a Tekno MT410 to build..?? but am unsure if I would be better off spending my money on an Outcast/Notorious ?
I know I don't need to build an Arrma but I don't want another huge M2C bill to make it strong enough to drive ??

As stunt trucks / short wheel base goes isn't the MT410 the best out there..??

Can't bring myself to buy a crawler even though they seem like a great kit to build because the slowness would just bore my pants off..?
I've done Tamiya too many times, and I could build the average kit in a short afternoon..?
I have got several bodies to paint, but that's all weather permitting..

I've no idea what else to choose..!!

Throw out your suggestions I'm all ears..???

( Maybe I should take up knitting, anybody fancy a knitted car cover..?? )

I'm thinking of buying a Tekno MT410 to build..?? but am unsure if I would be better off spending my money on an Outcast/Notorious ?
I know I don't need to build an Arrma but I don't want another huge M2C bill to make it strong enough to drive ??

Can't bring myself to buy a crawler even though they seem like a great kit to build because the slowness would just bore my pants off..?
I've done Tamiya too many times, and I could build the average kit in a short afternoon..?

I honestly thought the same about crawlers before I tried it myself (I bought RTR so I cheated). Once I went to the dry river beds with my son, I couldn't believe how much fun we had. And since NO ONE walks through those areas, you don't have to worry about lock downs, since it's just you and the areas where no one goes (because it's excersise by yourself walking behind your RC, considered an activity that's allowed) . The only thing I've been able to break on TRX4 Sport is the plastic servo horn and the front lights on my Axial scx10 II blazer. Trust me. It's lots of fun for hours trying to go through all those rocks, roots etc. I swear. And I you are there for more than than an hour before you know it ?.

I was looking at that 410 in a HS a few weeks back, a guy had his roller in there he just finished. He was lookin to find a set of tires he liked. He said the only problem he had with it is there are not a lot of options ESC wise that fit with large motors. It looks like a X8s might fit in there but best of luck scoring one of those right now.

Get the MT410...there is no question. I’ve built several kits over the years but few are as satisfying as the Tekno stuff.

I have 50+ surface RCs. The MT410 is my only vehicle I’ve purchased twice (so far).

That should tell you what you need to know.

Have you thought about the ET48 or are you specifically wanting a MT/Stunt truck?

Don't really want a truggy or buggy as I've already got a Typhon, Kraton and now my Mojavefied..???
Have always loved the Outcast/Notorious...

Shopping for a kit as well. I heard great things about Tekno. Just curious, what's the rough cost of getting one these kits completed and ready to bash. Don't need the top of line electronics and accessories but not junk either. Some midrange electronics will do with room to upgrade when things start to breakdown.

Shopping for a kit as well. I heard great things about Tekno. Just curious, what's the rough cost of getting one these kits completed and ready to bash. Don't need the top of line electronics and accessories but not junk either. Some midrange electronics will do with room to upgrade when things start to breakdown.

Eh. $850 if you go super cheap/used, $1300-$1500 on the high side.

I did M2C upgrades on both of mine and all the factory Tekno upgrades. I have a Tekin setup in one, a Castle setup in the other, both sensored.

I would advise getting one of the “Russian indestructible” bodies right off the bat. I’ve spent hundreds on bodies for both of these rigs and nothing has held up except that one.

Lastly, I would invest in a M2C center diff if your planning to run 6s (pure insanity) because self righting with tire growth is gonna happen and you will kill your factory plastic center diff cup otherwise.

Its a great rig and you’ll have a great time building it, even if it’s your first.

Attachments

• 7F408F85-5B8E-4A60-916E-BAE2604909DA.jpeg
    7F408F85-5B8E-4A60-916E-BAE2604909DA.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 40805C20-F58D-4F7B-B047-B819D8C14BA6.jpeg
    40805C20-F58D-4F7B-B047-B819D8C14BA6.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 846490A8-E56C-4014-BA36-418E88EAC9E0.jpeg
    846490A8-E56C-4014-BA36-418E88EAC9E0.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 52
  • F625514F-BB24-41E6-81F9-0B66F33F3C15.jpeg
    F625514F-BB24-41E6-81F9-0B66F33F3C15.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 51
Eh. $850 if you go super cheap/used, $1300-$1500 on the high side.

I did M2C upgrades on both of mine and all the factory Tekno upgrades. I have a Tekin setup in one, a Castle setup in the other, both sensored.

I would advise getting one of the “Russian indestructible” bodies right off the bat. I’ve spent hundreds on bodies for both of these rigs and nothing has held up except that one.

Lastly, I would invest in a M2C center diff if your planning to run 6s (pure insanity) because self righting with tire growth is gonna happen and you will kill your factory plastic center diff cup otherwise.

Its a great rig and you’ll have a great time building it, even if it’s your first.
They both look great. Are they both 6s ready? Which body is the indestructible one? The yellow one looks pretty solid.
Another thing do hobby shops carry all the replacement parts for Tekno Vehicles? I would hate to have shop online every time.
Are the prices reasonable?

TEKNO MT all the way!! Will keep you busy. Incredible build. (y):cool:

They both look great. Are they both 6s ready? Which body is the indestructible one? The yellow one looks pretty solid.
Another thing do hobby shops carry all the replacement parts for Tekno Vehicles? I would hate to have shop online every time.
Are the prices reasonable?

Both 6s driven, but I actually prefer 4s as the power is more useable. The Tekin setup is slightly more refined but also more expensive.

Both of those bodies (From Proline) have long since died. I was averaging about 5 packs per body.

Here is the Russian one:

1FF0672C-C386-4806-8745-D0306EA3935C.jpeg

This has 6 runs on it and is holding up great. The body lines aren't “crisp” but who cares when your launching it 25ft in the air and doing a dozen backflips.

Parts are available in the two shops local to me, but one is a race shop with a track and the other one is huge. Tekno uses a very simple method with the vehicles they make as many share like parts but different chassis and suspension geometry.

I’d call Tekno parts prices above average, but not excessive. I do think the kit is a bit expensive for what you get, but you CAN NOT beat the durability of the brand. The MT410 and really, all the Tekno’s in this class, are honestly the most durable RC’s I'm aware of. I think you can make the outcast equal with mods and serious money, but I don’t really think you can surpass the MT410 with it.

in my opinion, there is no better 1/8th (they claim 1/10...no way) scale MT out there for the STUNT truck genre. I have an built Outcast and I prefer my MT410’s over it.

When you consider the quality and durability of the Tekno parts, price is relative.:cool:
Love my TeknoMT. My favorite RC hands down.(y)
If building a kit for the first time. This is the kit you want. Industry leading instruction manual and diagrams. Tech support is great if you even need them at all. Built countless kits over the years. This one is the best currently IMO.
Forgot to mention...the control arms are indestructable. A nicely balanced and very light rig. On 4S it keeps up with my Noto. with 6S. Big air rotation is dead on. Identical in dimensions to the OC/Noto.

Last edited:
When you consider the quality and durability of the Tekno parts, price is relative.:cool:
Love my TeknoMT. My favorite RC hands down.(y)
If building a kit for the first time. This is the kit you want. Industry leading instruction manual and diagrams. Tech support is great if you even need them at all. Built countless kits over the years. This one is the best currently IMO.

Agreed.

I think the kit materials (plastics and aluminum/hardware) are a shade above Arrma’s and way above the rest of the Horizon brands. The quality of the build manual is a dream compared to kits 10-20 years ago (OMG, Tamiya / Kyosho technical writers/illustrators need to die in a fire!) and getting support is easy.

^^^^Agree, with all due respect, the Tekno parts are more than just a shade above Arrma's. Alot of 7075 alu. The precision is what counts in my opinion. Tekno is race spec. You just have to own one to understand. There are many videos on the MT410. @Rich Duperbash had some great videos a while back also. Someone also has a nice build video to check out. Not sure if its RCNetwork?

Last edited:
^^^^Agree, with all due respect, the Tekno parts are more than just a shade above Arrma's. Alot of 7075 alu. The precision is what counts in my opinion. Tekno is race spec. You just have to own one to understand. There are many videos on the MT410. @Rich Duperbash had some great videos a while back also. Someone also has a nice build video to check out. Not sure if its RCNetwork?

Yes, the material quality is no doubt impressive. The CNC cut gears in the diffs are perfection and all the aluminum is top notch. Shocks are probably the best out there, especially with the aluminum upgrades to them.

I only say “a shade” because of what I’ve seen with the K8S geartrain. Its impressive both in material quality, size, design and durability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back