im sorry but the reviews and other are better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGranite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
im saving for an e revo 2.0 i have great control with my granite and wanted to upgrade. so im 50/50 on traxxas and arrma. i thought about the outcast kraton and typhon but the reviews and multiple videos i watched said they were better. if anyone has a e revo tell me what it was like.

Bashing buddy has one. I have a Kraton converted to Outcast and we often run together. We both wreck some parts after a few packs. Stuff on his revo breaks, just different stuff. It's more expensive but needs less upgrades out of the box. Some things are much beefier, some things are needlessly complicated and weak.

I don't like the weird chassis and need to run 2 batteries. A classic, flat, race derived chassis is easier to work on.

Yeah... I know I'm not helping :)

Maybe an EXB roller, 20-30$ radio, cheap 20kg servo and stock BLX electronics from Jenny's. I'd choose that over an E-Revo.

Bashing buddy has one. I have a Kraton converted to Outcast and we often run together. We both wreck some parts after a few packs. Stuff on his revo breaks, just different stuff. It's more expensive but needs less upgrades out of the box. Some things are much beefier, some things are needlessly complicated and weak.

I don't like the weird chassis and need to run 2 batteries. A classic, flat, race derived chassis is easier to work on.

Yeah... I know I'm not helping :)

Maybe an EXB roller, 20-30$ radio, cheap 20kg servo and stock BLX electronics from Jenny's. I'd choose that over an E-Revo.
your right. but the last thing i want rn is a roller with the availability. i really really want a fast easy to get parts. (my hobby shop has a lot) RTR

your right. but the last thing i want rn is a roller with the availability. i really really want a fast easy to get parts. (my hobby shop has a lot) RTR
The e rebid need limiting straps the rod ends pull out they need braces etc
@olds97_lss i think he has/had one. He’s also on the crappy traxxas forum. I got kicked off for giving people good advice about stuff that traxxas doesn’t like aka unbreakable bodies

Parts availability will always be a + for Traxxas both offline and online.

Oh them rod ends. Motor wires come apart too on light landings here and there. My 2.0 sits. No knock on it, but everything Arrma comes before it. I run it because I feel bad once in a while. To each his own though. Good luck.

We went bashing together today, in an awesome quarry, and the E Revo 2.0 owner said he's getting an Arrma in a year or so, when he runs out of spares for his revo and beats whatever life is left out of it.
Probably an EXB swb, and he'll use the TRX electronics from his E Revo in it. So there. ?‍♂️

IMG_20200727_174404.jpg

I have an ERBEv2 and Outcast 6S. The outcast cost a lot more to make reliable for what I do with it. I don't run stock electronics on either, except the blx2050kv motor on both of them with max6 esc and hobbystar servo with a spektrum DMS2/DSMR radio.

I run both of them at the same places, geared for relatively the same speed and send them both flying.

The outcast for me required:
M2C chassis
alloy chassis braces
alloy/sliding motor mount/front diff carrier/top cap
RPM arms
t-bone wheelie bar rear/RPM front
Steel wear plates (my skate park eats chassis's for breakfast)
Max6 ESC (kept overheating the blx185)
dual motor fan cooler
titanium towers (got those after snapping the rear one a couple times)
M2C rear tower brace
Aftermarket servo (stock one died during my first turn out of the box)
Titanium ackerman plate
Alloy diff cups

Ongoing issues with the outcast are the diffs, I've been through 6 outcast diffs in 2 years. Pretty sure my front one is going out on me currently... but I'm igoring it until it really dies and will replace them with the kraton EXB diffs for $140. :(

As for the revo, I had the v1 for 3 years on 4S and got a 2.0 roller a year ago so I could run 6S, then swapped over some of the parts I could because they were necessary for me.
Alloy rockers
t-bone front/rear skid and wheelie bar
homemade rear chassis brace (traxxas alloy one folded up on me)
Teflon/TiNi shocks with VDK #2 pistons and 60/70wt oil with RC Raven springs
Alloy servo saver cross member/holder thing (had it on my v1 after stripping out the threads on the original)
Titanium wear plate on the rear (it tends to grind through at my skate park, but the front does ok)

I got it used, so I redid the bearings for the diffs and cleaned/repacked the center diff with 20M. Otherwise, no issues. It came with a rear center traxxas steel cvd, was a used roller.

As mentioned, I run the Max6/blx2050kv on it with a hobbystar single servo, so I can't speak for stock electronics. I ran my MXL-6S from my v1 in it for 3 bash sessions, then the esc died. The motor howled really bad at WOT, it was 3 years old and I never had it apart. So I replaced it with the blx2050 and kept it as a spare.

Ongoing issue with the ERBEv2 is the e-revo center chassis cover. I've busted 3 center channel covers in 1 year. I just replaced the center channel cover with an alloy one yesterday, will see how that does. Will likely just move the problem somewhere else, but the last time out, I bent my lipo's because the chassis flexed so much after the center cover cracked in half.

If you want to see how they are treated, check out my videos on youtube. Personally, I hate maintenance. I want to drive them and that's about it. 20 years ago, I enjoyed maintenance, but now, it's just a chore. So I build them to take abuse and replace what wears out or breaks as needed.

My channel has pretty much every bash session for the past few years:
https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

I was looking into buying the erevo 2.0 prior to joining this forum, I like it's looks but had to end there, so many problems with that truck. Traxxas forum is loaded with threads with rants on this truck that sealed the deal for me. Truck still has the same issues to this day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back