SOLD / FOUND Immaculate Nero 6s with brain diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20211229_163954.jpg

Did you buy that from him or did you just post that sick picture?
I just posted it for fun. I've had that Diff Brain Nero for a number of years. That was actually my 15 y/o daughter launching that into orbit. She loves that truck ;) We started removing the body for jumping just for longevity. Its pretty much not approved for flight any more, just because parts are harder to come by. She uses my v3 Talion 6s instead.
.. and yes, she stuck that landing on that jump.. lol

That’s wild, I’ve never seen one. Inboard rocker suspension is cool. So’s the architecture. Were they reliable? What’s a diff brain?
Real abbreviated version here: This design got Arrma into a copyright infringement lawsuit made by Traxxas. Traxxas sued and won. Hobbico folded from the settlement. Horizon bailed out Arrma and the rest is history.

The diff brain is a remote switch that operates servos that lock all three diffs individually. It's basically a three mode switch on the tx and a module in the rig that will lock all three, the two rear, or the center diff only.

There's several variants, only 1 had no diff brain, the other three all had the switch.
Two types of base Neros, 1 Nero Big Rock and 1 Nero Fazon. The BRCC and FZN had subtle changes made to the suspension that made them taller or lower.
The green Nero was the non diff brain variant. I have green and blue Nero versions.
All are TVP chassis design. A bit more complex, but really satisfying to work on IMO.

20211124_203239.jpg

20211229_140322.jpg

20211229_143801.jpg

20211229_143757.jpg

Also, as part of the settlement Arrma had to discontinue the production and sales of this vehicle. Not sure how long it was sold for but it wasn't much longer than 18 months.
Some parts are still available to buy, but bodies are rare as is the diff brain and a few other small components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back