SOLD / FOUND Immaculate Nero 6s with brain diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real abbreviated version here: This design got Arrma into a copyright infringement lawsuit made by Traxxas. Traxxas sued and won. Hobbico folded from the settlement. Horizon bailed out Arrma and the rest is history.

The diff brain is a remote switch that operates servos that lock all three diffs individually. It's basically a three mode switch on the tx and a module in the rig that will lock all three, the two rear, or the center diff only.

There's several variants, only 1 had no diff brain, the other three all had the switch.
Two types of base Neros, 1 Nero Big Rock and 1 Nero Fazon. The BRCC and FZN had subtle changes made to the suspension that made them taller or lower.
The green Nero was the non diff brain variant. I have green and blue Nero versions.
All are TVP chassis design. A bit more complex, but really satisfying to work on IMO.

View attachment 243566

View attachment 243568

View attachment 243569

View attachment 243570

I had NO Clue about the diff brain feature and its capabilities in a RC... Wow!

Such a shame it was Trapsuxxs/lawyered out of existence ,just because of the F1 style suspension....

Real abbreviated version here: This design got Arrma into a copyright infringement lawsuit made by Traxxas. Traxxas sued and won. Hobbico folded from the settlement. Horizon bailed out Arrma and the rest is history.

The diff brain is a remote switch that operates servos that lock all three diffs individually. It's basically a three mode switch on the tx and a module in the rig that will lock all three, the two rear, or the center diff only.

There's several variants, only 1 had no diff brain, the other three all had the switch.
Two types of base Neros, 1 Nero Big Rock and 1 Nero Fazon. The BRCC and FZN had subtle changes made to the suspension that made them taller or lower.
The green Nero was the non diff brain variant. I have green and blue Nero versions.
All are TVP chassis design. A bit more complex, but really satisfying to work on IMO.

View attachment 243566

View attachment 243568

View attachment 243569

View attachment 243570
Thanks for that! I’d heard of a Nero but didn’t know anything about them. I can see why they would have a dedicated following. Why not send a pristine unit to China and reverse engineer the components, untouchable by U.S. lawsuits? That would solve the parts availability crisis. That really is a pretty cool rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back