Import fees rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
When i order online i always pay for the cheapest shipping to canada. Its always USPS and takes 1-3 weeks to deliver. I ordered a Few thing on black friday. I ordered like 60 bearings from jimsbearings and i choosed usps first class like ussual. Just got an email saying ups is about to deliver. Surprised i was like wow ups ground shipping that is lighning mcqueen shipping. Then on top it says “this item has import fees” boom i have to pay almost 30 USD. So a 100+$ order in bearings. More like black friday scam. Saved like 10$ off my order but i have to pay 20$ more at the end. Idk if it was a mistake but im not happy at all. I never had to pay fees on small products from america. Exept when i ordered my kraton 4s from towerhobbies like a dumbass to avoid 15% taxes local hobbyshops and i had to pay them at the door.
16966A62-A395-4CF7-B985-F70A563CF894.png

F7E60A9C-8AD9-4910-B07F-D9CDE69C0219.png

Last edited:
You could always move to America to support your RC addiction... you just might have to always look over your shoulder to not get mugged, avoid cars ramming through large gatherings, keep your kids home from school to avoid getting shot, and slave away at work with no time off. Just my $0.02.

You could always move to America to support your RC addiction... you just might have to always look over your shoulder to not get mugged, avoid cars ramming through large gatherings, keep your kids home from school to avoid getting shot, and slave away at work with no time off. Just my $0.02.
That has nothing to do with the conversation to begin. I fellow a lot what happening in America. Believe me i would love to live in florida or viginia instead of the hole im on right now.But i know what your trying to say. Theres a lot of shi!hole states and good states. i would prefer to go live in my poor country Peru than going in those states.

Here in NYC things are not that bad. I always have my friend with me.:LOL:

EDIT: everyone knows shipping from America to Canada is horrendous, so moving here you could avoid the import nonsense, although, you can import things like 1:1 cars that we cant.

Was merely sarcasm with a stab at America.

Here in NYC things are not that bad. I always have my friend with me.:LOL:
Oh boy new york city. The state who is falling apart. But what matters is friends and familly
EDIT: everyone knows shipping from America to Canada is horrendous, so moving here you could avoid the import nonsense, although, you can import things like 1:1 cars that we cant.

The shipping is fine but when i pay for the 13.54$ shipping and i get the 30$ shipping instead and i have to pay it at my door when i never asked for that service to begin with

For bearings, you should consider buying from KC-RC. They are cheaper, you would get them within 2-3 days, free shipping to Canada if you only order bearings and there would be no custom fees.

For bearings, you should consider buying from KC-RC. They are cheaper, you would get them within 2-3 days and there would be no custom fees.
yeah i looked into that but didnt like the fact they were abec 1 and more expensive for the same amount of bearings i wanted even with free shipping. Jimsbearings are abec 3 and have good sealing. Next time i will do it.
Usps doesn't have fees. I paid for the usps shipping and i got ups instead

Guess where i'm at right now...:ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure it was a NiHM. I recall seeing the battery. Would the venom charger work for the lipo?

When i order online i always pay for the cheapest shipping to canada. Its always USPS and takes 1-3 weeks to deliver. I ordered a Few thing on black friday. I ordered like 60 bearings from jimsbearings and i choosed usps first class like ussual. Just got an email saying ups is about to deliver. Surprised i was like wow ups ground shipping that is lighning mcqueen shipping. Then on top it says “this item has import fees” boom i have to pay almost 30 USD. So a 100+$ order in bearings. More like black friday scam. Saved like 10$ off my order but i have to pay 20$ more at the end. Idk if it was a mistake but im not happy at all. I never had to pay fees on small products from america. Exept when i ordered my kraton 4s from towerhobbies like a dumbass to avoid 15% taxes local hobbyshops and i had to pay them at the door.View attachment 183742

View attachment 183743
Britain has decided that they don't like fluid interaction with Europe, and would rather have the same relation you've just described between Canada and US. Sounds great.

What? I don't understand
Brexit (britton decided they didn't want to be part of the European Union any more, so now the shelves are empty, and if you order something from abroad it's a lottery how much you pay, and everything is more expensive)
Brexit (britton decided they didn't want to be part of the European Union any more, so now the shelves are empty, and if you order something from abroad it's a lottery how much you pay, and everything is more expensive)
Oh, and takes much longer to arrive. And Europe can't be bothered to sell to us cos its too much hassle. But it's OK, cos foreigner's aren't allowed in anymore. Unless it's the jobs they were already doing, cos we need them - they're OK.

Tariffs aside, yeah here in the states there are travel restrictions if you are a legit person.. Need testing, and be vaxed to fly here. But if you choosed to illegally walk across the southern border without a Passport or ANY documents with drugs, human trafficking and have diseases including Covid/Delta. Omicron or whatever, you are free to come here and pollute the states. Branden will even fly you wherever you want with his secret Midnight Express flights, wont ask you to Vax, free housing etc. All this by the thousands per day at the border. I am sure Canada is even laughing at us.:LOL:
So it don't matter where you live here it is all a polluted mess.

Last edited:
^^^ WTF???

Facts don't lie.

Last edited:
^^^ WTF???

Facts don't lie.
If the WTF is about my reply. I ordered a drone from South Africa, but I did not realize that the drone would come from China. I paid $2200 just for the drone. I was hoping to use the other money I saved to buy batteries and what not.

When i order online i always pay for the cheapest shipping to canada. Its always USPS and takes 1-3 weeks to deliver. I ordered a Few thing on black friday. I ordered like 60 bearings from jimsbearings and i choosed usps first class like ussual. Just got an email saying ups is about to deliver. Surprised i was like wow ups ground shipping that is lighning mcqueen shipping. Then on top it says “this item has import fees” boom i have to pay almost 30 USD. So a 100+$ order in bearings. More like black friday scam. Saved like 10$ off my order but i have to pay 20$ more at the end. Idk if it was a mistake but im not happy at all. I never had to pay fees on small products from america. Exept when i ordered my kraton 4s from towerhobbies like a dumbass to avoid 15% taxes local hobbyshops and i had to pay them at the door.View attachment 183742

View attachment 183743
It’s unpredictable too. Sometimes I order from Jennys no taxes due. Stuff from China I never pay taxes. Same from Amain. I don’t always pay taxes. It’s a crock of poop.

I ordered like 60 bearings from jimsbearings and i choosed usps first class like ussual. Just got an email saying ups is about to deliver.

This is on the seller for shipping with UPS, which has an exorbitant customs clearance fee even for low value items, when you selected USPS as the shipping method, which with an order valued at only $50USD will pass right through the CBSA with no processing fees or taxes. If you contact the seller and explain the situation they may (and should if they're a reasonably business) be willing to reimburse you the extra cost as it's entirely their fault you're being asked to pay it.

This is on the seller for shipping with UPS, which has an exorbitant customs clearance fee even for low value items, when you selected USPS as the shipping method, which with an order valued at only $50USD will pass right through the CBSA with no processing fees or taxes. If you contact the seller and explain the situation they may (and should if they're a reasonably business) be willing to reimburse you the extra cost as it's entirely their fault you're being asked to pay it.
Actually it may be the items total weight? 1st. Class is only limited to a certain weight, well in America it is.
It's been a while since I shipped to Canada, but don't you folks use Canadian post and have to pay a declaration tax/fee?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back