Import fees rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it may be the items total weight? 1st. Class is only limited to a certain weight, well in America it is.
It's been a while since I shipped to Canada, but don't you folks use Canadian post and have to pay a declaration tax/fee?

It's a lotterie.

If the US sellers uses USPS, the package is transfered to Canada Post at the border. If you're lucky, it passes through and you don't have anything to pay. If you're not, you pay 9.95$ (custom fees) + Federal and Provincial sales taxes (15% in my case).

I never really found a clear pattern relating the fees you have to pay (or not) and the package value, size or weight. There probably is at some point, but afaik it's down to pure luck.

When using UPS, the only certainty is that they will shamelessly rape you with absurd custom fees. I've been bitten in the past and UPS shipping is a deal breaker for me. UPS are crooks and they can go to hell. :)

Actually it may be the items total weight? 1st. Class is only limited to a certain weight, well in America it is.
It's been a while since I shipped to Canada, but don't you folks use Canadian post and have to pay a declaration tax/fee?

There is a weight limit which I don't recall off the top of my head but it's definitely well above the weight of 60 R/C bearings. We do use Canada Post as the final stage of delivery for mail coming from international postal services, so USPS to Canada goes USPS -> Handed over to CBSA for customs inspection -> Canada Post -> Recipient. CBSA does random inspection of a few percent of parcels and applies a processing fee ($10 I think) and applicable Canadian taxes based on the value of the item. There's a value threshold below which they don't apply fees or taxes, which used to be $20CAD but was recently raised to I believe $100CAD. Therefore had OP's shipment gone through the postal system as he requested instead of UPS he would likely not be on the hook for any additional costs, it simply would have showed up at his door or at his post office like regular domestic mail.

HH uses FedEx. I ordered $45 USD in parts then a few weeks later FedEx sends me a bill for $39 CAD taxes, duty, brokerage.

Bullshit ordering parts and none of the local shops carry parts really. Their all afraid of holding on to inventory.

Order all you want from Bang good duty free,tax free, brokerage free

China is scamming us all

This is on the seller for shipping with UPS, which has an exorbitant customs clearance fee even for low value items, when you selected USPS as the shipping method, which with an order valued at only $50USD will pass right through the CBSA with no processing fees or taxes. If you contact the seller and explain the situation they may (and should if they're a reasonably business) be willing to reimburse you the extra cost as it's entirely their fault you're being asked to pay it.
I did trough messanger and email he didnt see the message yet and no email yet
I ordered things more expensive in the pass i believe. It came in a typical bubble mail

EDIT: everyone knows shipping from America to Canada is horrendous, so moving here you could avoid the import nonsense, although, you can import things like 1:1 cars that we cant.

Was merely sarcasm with a stab at America.
Shipping to Canada sucks @Exc3l had a rant from me earlier. Had to fill out documents and scanned my ID. And not to mention the shipping rates 🤣

I know. I almost... sent the money back and said it was way more than it truly is worth.... because the first document I signed wrong. Second one was right but the dude there was 70+ and taken his sweet time along with everyone and there grandma were sending stuff 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back