IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY TOOLS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tblazin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Talion
FIRST off, I've had most my Hudy's over 10 years, NEVER replaced a single tip, never dulled, nor snapped, just want to point that out....now in some pics, you see I use the angle ball drivers as well, these I hate to say, I think need replacement, there rounded, they lasted a long time.....but installing new motor etc, into the big rock, they came in handy, and not sure would have had such a quality install without, I also dropped all there crappy black screws to mount motor, etc, all stainless steel button heads I went around entire truck, swapping this for that, not really impressed with the overall quality, at first glance sure, but, they are what they are, BASH MACHINES.... I tried to do more, but the more I did, seems useless..
IMG_4215.jpg
IMG_4232.jpg
IMG_4231.jpg
IMG_4230.jpg

HUDYS ARE EASILY IDENTIFIED, THE THICKER STRIPE 1MM THE THINNER 1/2MM , MIP'S ARE GREAT AS WELL...
IMG_4229.jpg

AS YOU SEE I WAS ABLE TO REMOVE AND TIGHTEN THESE TERRIBLY ENGINEERED/PLACED SCREWS!!!!! BUT THEY WORKED, I REMOVED ALL BLACK, WITH HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL, I SEEE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS W/ ARRMAS HARDWARE, SOME OF THE CRAPPIEST HARDWARE I EVER ENCOUNTERED BOLTS/SCREWES, ETC...TERRIBLE, BUY A R/C SCREWES KIT, ALL STAINLESS , WONT STRIP OUT HEADS, CAN TORQUE BETTER, AS LONG AS YOU USE GOOD TOOLS...

Fyi most stainless screws are not going to be nearly as strong as the stockers stainless is a softer metal and the screw kits out there come with low grade stainless. I eould not use them in high stress areas or anywhere that is removed or tighten often.

Fyi most stainless screws are not going to be nearly as strong as the stockers stainless is a softer metal and the screw kits out there come with low grade stainless. I eould not use them in high stress areas or anywhere that is removed or tighten often.

well,BUY cheap get cheap, if you've seen any of my posts, u think I buy anything Low grade?and this is my sons first r/c, I been at this a long time my man, since 85" Tamiya Fox, and hornet\
rc screws are just fine, running in my 1/8 buggy trudges for years, 1 long mains, never had a single one break, on bend, my fault for where I placed it,
again I'm referring to the stock screws arrma give you in these kits, if you think there superior, have at it .
the stock screws WILL rust, that have no inhibitor protections what so ever, and the SS rc screws, are way stronger, they'll bend before snapping, titanium is really all thats going to snap, but you only use those upper deck, zero-low stress areas, like you said, but the stocks screws, aren't even a "treated" 11.9, cheap, will rust, will oxides no way around it, SS willl not, besides if you own a Nero or big rock, u really going to trust you motor to those tiny wimpy lil button heads screws? I put new socket capo, SS in there places,, as well as the bracket to mount finished motor, those screws are a joke

Yes, I hate to break the bubble, but stainless screws are not nearly as strong as a good quality "high strength" RC screw. The only thing they have going for them, is they don't rust. Look at ProTek, and other high strength screws that are available. They are a usually a metric grade 12.9 steel with a minimum tensile strength of 174,000-180,000 PSI. Check out any specs (if they're not afraid to provide them) on any stainless screws, and you will easily see the difference in strength. I am a big fan of titanium (except cost), but would not even use these in a high stress area. If you are in a lot of water, ok to use stainless steel screws, but I would only use in non-stress areas. Also, many of the black "high strength" screws have an oxide coating (corrosion-x), and do not rust easily. You can also spray WD40, or even try using some other rust corrosion treatment to help prevent rust, but do not spray wd40 in your bearings, as this cleans out the lube. By the way, Neil says "Rust never Sleeps"...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back