IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I priced out everything for just front shocks it was 150 on amain. I wonder how much better the v3 shocks are? Anyone got a setup for shocks for bashing. I have the Tekno orange springs on and some higher weight oil already.

When I priced out everything for just front shocks it was 150 on amain. I wonder how much better the v3 shocks are? Anyone got a setup for shocks for bashing. I have the Tekno orange springs on and some higher weight oil already.

I priced out just he upgrade stuff, like TiNi shock shafts, delrin inserts and emulsion shock caps, it was $95 just for that stuff.

Do you have the OG shocks with 3.5mm shock shafts? If so yes the V3 shocks will be better.

I priced out just he upgrade stuff, like TiNi shock shafts, delrin inserts and emulsion shock caps, it was $95 just for that stuff.

Do you have the OG shocks with 3.5mm shock shafts? If so yes the V3 shocks will be better.

Yes I have a v2 Kraton. With bodies ti shafts and everything you need its 170 on Amain. Think maybe v3 shocks will be a better option if needed.

Does anyone know how to decipher the difference between Arrmas shock piston disk numbers and theTekno derilin piston disk? #1,2,3,4 Arrma piston = Tekno?

Last edited:
That sucks, the shocks are getting harder to find now. Great thread though ?
I may have found a solution but it is kind of a pain in the ass these are some sick piggyback shocks they came with 4 different coils 4 front 4 rear the issue was the ride height it was way to low to function how I wanted it too but was nasty on the road... my solution(cheep) stock arrma REAR shock pins arrma sells three variations 1 front 1 rear,2 rear,2 front. Get 4 rears I bought some good quality shocks I think I paid 60$

I may have found a solution but it is kind of a pain in the ass these are some sick piggyback shocks they came with 4 different coils 4 front 4 rear the issue was the ride height it was way to low to function how I wanted it too but was nasty on the road... my solution(cheep) stock arrma REAR shock pins arrma sells three variations 1 front 1 rear,2 rear,2 front. Get 4 rears I bought some good quality shocks I think I paid 60$View attachment 31961View attachment 31962View attachment 31963
That was befor the arrma granite rear shock pins... this is now with the(Arrma AR330537 Shock Shaft Eyelet & Spring Perch Rear Granite / Senton) so far I have the arrma rear shock shafts in the rear and I put the shock shafts from the rear in the front (the ones that came with the piggy back suspension

Last edited:
That was befor the arrma granite rear shock pins... this is now with the(Arrma AR330537 Shock Shaft Eyelet & Spring Perch Rear Granite / Senton) so far I have the arrma rear shock shafts in the rear and I put the shock shafts from the rear in the front (the ones that came with the piggy back suspensionView attachment 31966View attachment 31966View attachment 31967View attachment 31968
Those front shocks are way too short. Your a arms should be parallel with the ground when the rc is sitting on the ground. Not at an upward angle when there isn't even any weight on them.

Those front shocks are way too short. Your a arms should be parallel with the ground when the rc is sitting on the ground. Not at an upward angle when there isn't even any weight on them.
I agree I need to put the granite stock rear shock shafts in the front. the length of the front after market compared to the stock front shock the difference will be made up by the rear stock pins. Oh ya and those coils are way to short I need to put rear coils from the kit I got

. I just measured all my 6s models today, and here are the specs. ALL measurements are eye to eye (center)

V3/V4
Kraton: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm) (FRONT IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)
Outcast: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm) (FRONT IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)
Notorious: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm)
Talion: Front (107mm) Rear (124nn)
Typhon: Front (105mm) Rear (117mm)
Senton: Front 100mm) Rear (110mm) (REAR IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)

Can anyone confirm this?

. I just measured all my 6s models today, and here are the specs. ALL measurements are eye to eye (center)

V3/V4
Kraton: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm) (FRONT IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)
Outcast: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm) (FRONT IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)
Notorious: Front (114mm) Rear (133mm)
Talion: Front (107mm) Rear (124nn)
Typhon: Front (105mm) Rear (117mm)
Senton: Front 100mm) Rear (110mm) (REAR IS WRONG IN THE FORUM)

Can anyone confirm this?
Well considering the fact that all of these measurements came from members who actually own said vehicles I want to say what is posted in this thread is correct. Like I said in the other thread there is no way in hell the V3 Kraton front shocks are 114mm eye to eye.

Well considering the fact that all of these measurements came from members who actually own said vehicles I want to say what is posted in this thread is correct. Like I said in the other thread there is no way in hell the V3 Kraton front shocks are 114mm eye to eye.

I believe it.. this is what Ted from Jenny's informed me about. Have bought two sets front and back from him for kraton.. I have the correct 134mm rear now, but he also sent me 114 for the front which I am certain are too short

Soo the info from Ted @ Jenny's, on the kraton V3 is correct..

Had my buddy with his two week old kraton V3, measure his front shocks and surprisingly they are shorter than 124mm..

Attachments

• received_426921961187579.jpeg
    received_426921961187579.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 71
No way in hell ?
20190429_090940.jpg

Yeah. They are 114mm give or take a few tenths. I just pulled this off my V3 Kraton.

No way in hell ?
View attachment 36843

Yeah. They are 114mm give or take a few tenths. I just pulled this off my V3 Kraton.
I stand corrected. I too was just assuming that the original post was correct and that the shocks were longer.
Now I'm just curious about how he got the fronts wrong but the rears were only 1mm different?

Can somebody confirm that these part numbers are the correct ones TKR5049A and TKR6140B.. ? to fit the V4 Kraton shocks..??

I read this whole thread and I couldn't see any references shock ends or pivot balls.. (unless I missed it..?)

So am I right in thinking the V4 Typhon will be the same as the V3 listed here?

Back