IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people have started using Kraton 6s front shocks (for the rear) and Mojave front shocks for their 3s shock upgrades. The advantage over Typhon 6s shocks is they come with stiffer springs that are closer to the spring rate of 3s shocks. The Typhon shock springs are much lighter. I've actually added Kraton and Mojave springs to Tekno shocks and found they are much better suited for the Granite than Typhon (and Tekno) springs. Maybe they should be added to the list?
Will this still require the Axial Bushing as well? https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-7.5x8mm-silicone-shock-bushing-6-axia1356/p-qqqktzwa6cqxactz

Many people have started using Kraton 6s front shocks (for the rear) and Mojave front shocks for their 3s shock upgrades. The advantage over Typhon 6s shocks is they come with stiffer springs that are closer to the spring rate of 3s shocks. The Typhon shock springs are much lighter. I've actually added Kraton and Mojave springs to Tekno shocks and found they are much better suited for the Granite than Typhon (and Tekno) springs. Maybe they should be added to the list?
So I edited the main post the other day, but apparently I forgot to save it so I still need to add the Kraton, Notorious/Outcast and Mojave shocks again.................
With shipping this will be a little above $50.
Use these on the front https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-assembled-dampers-springs-4mm-hd-ara7604v2

Use these on the rear https://jennysrc.com/products/krato...m-2020-arrma-ara106053?variant=32623019720758

And you will need these but they are on backorder https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-7.5x8mm-silicone-shock-bushing-6-axia1356/p-qqqktzwa6cqxactz
As an alternative you can use nitro fuel line https://www.amainhobbies.com/dubro-...l-tubing-blue-61cm-dub2235/p-qqqcqawqhzxxactz
Those are the Axial bushings.

Last edited:
Hi guys, turns out my shocks arrived in the end and since I wasn't will to wait another month for the axial bushings I made my own fix. As crazy as it may sound I used some modded wall plugs and shims. Seems to hold pretty tightly. No wiggle.

IMG_20211012_233220.jpg

IMG_20211012_233446.jpg

IMG_20211012_232028.jpg

IMG_20211012_232050.jpg

Hi guys, turns out my shocks arrived in the end and since I wasn't will to wait another month for the axial bushings I made my own fix. As crazy as it may sound I used some modded wall plugs and shims. Seems to hold pretty tightly. No wiggle.

View attachment 173781

View attachment 173782

View attachment 173783

View attachment 173784
I would highly recommend getting someone to 3d print some shock spacers or something else where the screw is tight in the hole. A lot of play could put a lot of stress on the shock tower on hard landings. I 3d printed some out of tpu for my Zd racing shocks. The hole is small enough to where the screw actually threads into the spacer so when the shock bottoms out, it absorbs some of the impact. If that makes sense.

Now of course I could be wrong as most times the chassis will slap on the ground before the shock bottoms out. But for times when you don't land perfectly, it could stress the shock towers.

In case anyone cared - I used these 6mm steel balls in 6S rod ends instead of the crap plastic ones. They're a perfect fit, and were the only ones I could find that provided enough clearance between the shock and driveshafts when mounting 6S shocks to 3S cars, without needing any washers:

Z-FG06027/6 - FG Modellsport Steel Ball 6mm (Pk5)

z-fg06027-6_1.jpg

As I was wondering about how the different shock sizes are realised by Arrma, I did some research and wrote a comparison to find the perfect shock for my Typhon 3S.
Most parts are the same. Differences are mostly in body, shaft and spring.
Maybe it's helpful for someone.

Shock comparison.png

As I was wondering about how the different shock sizes are realised by Arrma, I did some research and wrote a comparison to find the perfect shock for my Typhon 3S.
Most parts are the same. Differences are mostly in body, shaft and spring.
Maybe it's helpful for someone.

View attachment 190554
Wow, if I would have found this post yesterday I could have saved myself a lot of time and work! I did a nearly identical spreadsheet to help with choosing shocks for my new Typhon 3s. I have everything you have except I didn't add part numbers and I only did the Typhon 3s/6S, Mojave, and Kraton. Now I'm updating my spreadsheet with the Talion, Outcast, and Senton for quick reference in the future. Nice work!

Last edited:
Wow, if I would have found this post yesterday I could have saved myself a lot of time and work! I did a nearly identical spreadsheet to help with choosing shocks for my new Typhon 3s. I have everything you have except I didn't add part numbers and I only did the Typhon 3s/6S, Mojave, and Kraton. Now I'm updating my spreadsheet with the Talion, Outcast, and Senton for quick reference in the future. Nice work!
Can we add the Big Rock, Senton, Infraction Mega and Vendetta to complete the table.

I updated the shock-sheet.

But I guess, it's not complete.
I took the part numbers directly from Arrma and from the latest model (but compared them to the older ones).
JennysRC sometimes has other part numbers which definitely exists.
It's a bit confusing for me.

However, I hope the new list is helpful for you.

Attachments

• Shock comparison.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 174
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere yet, but I thought I’d share…

The new Fireteam shocks are just black kraton EXB shocks, with stiffer springs. However the front shock shafts on the Fireteam are 2mm longer for more travel.

If you have a porker k6s or O6S that you’ve beefed out to the max or a kraton xl which are also heavy, you might wanna consider checking out the Fireteam shocks 👍🏻

Plus, they look great.
DFF1FB36-4676-46F3-8452-775C7C88311A.jpeg
521255DF-EF32-43C6-8942-D523C6EC0124.jpeg
A926E755-D02D-4F23-9B0E-3169FB2C005B.jpeg
74BDB89C-8DD7-4F8E-A11C-883AA9729423.jpeg
ED6260AA-7E1E-47CC-9509-5AABAAC2D09F.jpeg
2673E06B-19AE-4D1D-BF5C-6B04A9D4BF9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere yet, but I thought I’d share…

The new Fireteam shocks are just black kraton EXB shocks, with stiffer springs. However the front shock shafts on the Fireteam are 2mm longer for more travel.

If you have a porker k6s or O6S that you’ve beefed out to the max or a kraton xl which are also heavy, you might wanna consider checking out the Fireteam shocks 👍🏻

Plus, they look great. View attachment 202368View attachment 202369View attachment 202370View attachment 202371View attachment 202372View attachment 202373
Nice, thanks for the info :)

Back