IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just refreshed my granite with Mojave Fronts in front and Notorious fronts in the rear. Everything fit well and if I'm reading the thread right, the Notorious shock is the same as the kraton that people commonly use (including same spring?).

I'm curious though - do people change fluids or springs generally, or just drop those in. Because it seems like the rear/Notorious is WAY more damped than the front Mojaves. Fronts feel similar to stock, but rear end is super damp. It feels like it also has a stiffer spring - but that could be the damping making it feel that way. Also both ends have pretty much no droop/sag. I can't remember if stock did, but seems like you'd want a bit?
I drop it and it lands nice and doesn't bounce and doesn't chassis slap until dropped from about 5-6ft. So maybe it's all good? Hopefully I'll be able to get out tomorrow and give it a test drive, but just curious.

I updated the shock-sheet.

But I guess, it's not complete.
I took the part numbers directly from Arrma and from the latest model (but compared them to the older ones).
JennysRC sometimes has other part numbers which definitely exists.
It's a bit confusing for me.

However, I hope the new list is helpful for you.
Why are the Typhon 3S springs stiffer than the Typhon 6S springs?

Typhon 6S:
- Front: 70 mm x 75.5gf/mm
- Rear: 84mm x 56.6gf/mm

Typhon 3S:
- Front: 70mm x 1.0N/mm (=102gf/mm)
- Rear: 80mm x 0.84N/mm (=85.7gf/mm)

As the 6S is a heavier car, I would expect the springs to be stiffer, not softer? Am I missing something here, or did I mess up the gf/mm calculation?

If you have a V1 or V2 Talion best bet is V3 or V4 Kraton shocks. Outcast/Notorious shocks are the same as the Kraton but will come with thicker oil.
The V1 and V2 Talion are much closer in design to the Kraton than they are to the V3 and V4 Talion.

I was too lazy to read through this entire thread initially and got the notorious ones, only finding this now. Can confirm - they are crazy damp. I don't have the kraton's to compare to but compared to the stock Mojave 6s ones in front it's a whole different world.

Everything I can find seems to say they are all 1000cst but that can't be right. Unless one has small holes and another has big holes. Anyway what did you put in the back? I have the yellow springs arriving today and will change things up.... I have some 80 I was thinking of trying. I also have extra disks with different holes that came with my fireteam. I don't really know the difference between thicker oil or smaller holes - they seem like they'd act similarly.

I was too lazy to read through this entire thread initially and got the notorious ones, only finding this now. Can confirm - they are crazy damp. I don't have the kraton's to compare to but compared to the stock Mojave 6s ones in front it's a whole different world.

Everything I can find seems to say they are all 1000cst but that can't be right. Unless one has small holes and another has big holes. Anyway what did you put in the back? I have the yellow springs arriving today and will change things up.... I have some 80 I was thinking of trying. I also have extra disks with different holes that came with my fireteam. I don't really know the difference between thicker oil or smaller holes - they seem like they'd act similarly.
yeah mine feels the same way as I have the same shocks that you have in my Granite. Going to order the springs like you did and see how that goes. I actually prefer the dampening in the rear and want to match that in the front. Mojave is 550cst.

Stock notorious is 1000cst like you said. The Talion actually takes 2000cst. Looking at the manuals seems they all use the same shock piston AR330339
Shock OIL CSTv2.PNG

yeah mine feels the same way as I have the same shocks that you have in my Granite. Going to order the springs like you did and see how that goes. I actually prefer the dampening in the rear and want to match that in the front. Mojave is 550cst.

Stock notorious is 1000cst like you said. The Talion actually takes 2000cst. Looking at the manuals seems they all use the same shock piston AR330339View attachment 234306
Great info - where did you get that from? It definitely makes sense of out of what I was seeing.

So I just put on the springs and put 40W (~500cst) on the notorious ones in the rear and now they are nicely matched. A good bit more damped than stock, and feels similarly sprung. A tiny bit of droop, vs being tightly sprung up at max extension with the springs that came on them. I'd imagine 1000cst gives you more resistance against bottoming out on big jumps and against body roll but tradeoff suspension action at high speed bumpy travel. That's what I noticed most - the granite was bouncing around a lot more when I was ripping over bumpy terrain... so probably just a matter of what you want to do with it.

Thanks all for the great info!

Great info - where did you get that from? It definitely makes sense of out of what I was seeing.

So I just put on the springs and put 40W (~500cst) on the notorious ones in the rear and now they are nicely matched. A good bit more damped than stock, and feels similarly sprung. A tiny bit of droop, vs being tightly sprung up at max extension with the springs that came on them. I'd imagine 1000cst gives you more resistance against bottoming out on big jumps and against body roll but tradeoff suspension action at high speed bumpy travel. That's what I noticed most - the granite was bouncing around a lot more when I was ripping over bumpy terrain... so probably just a matter of what you want to do with it.

Thanks all for the great info!
Your welcome. I actually pulled that image from the manual.

Whenever I am checking to see if a part will fit on a vehicle or which arrma vehicle I go to the arrma main website. Type in the part # and scroll down to the bottom of the page and it will tell you which vehicle it will work for.

Why are the Typhon 3S springs stiffer than the Typhon 6S springs?

Typhon 6S:
- Front: 70 mm x 75.5gf/mm
- Rear: 84mm x 56.6gf/mm

Typhon 3S:
- Front: 70mm x 1.0N/mm (=102gf/mm)
- Rear: 80mm x 0.84N/mm (=85.7gf/mm)

As the 6S is a heavier car, I would expect the springs to be stiffer, not softer? Am I missing something here, or did I mess up the gf/mm calculation?
That doesn't seem right.

I posted that like 3 years ago and a lot has changed on these cars. Even the shocks themselves are different in the V5 versions compared to the V3-V4 cars.

That doesn't seem right.
Yes, 3s springs are stiffer than Typhon 6s springs. The 6s Typhon springs are tuned for a racing setup. I've mentioned this in many threads on 3s shock upgrades. While the Typhon 6s shocks are the closest match in length to 3s vehicles, the light springs are far from ideal for jumping/bashing. Many people are opting for the Mojave front shocks/Kraton front shocks for their 3s. The springs that come with the Mojave/Kraton front shocks are much stiffer and are a closer match to 3s springs.

Yes, 3s springs are stiffer than Typhon 6s springs. The 6s Typhon springs are tuned for a racing setup. I've mentioned this in many threads on 3s shock upgrades. While the Typhon 6s shocks are the closest match in length to 3s vehicles, the light springs are far from ideal for jumping/bashing. Many people are opting for the Mojave front shocks/Kraton front shocks for their 3s. The springs that come with the Mojave/Kraton front shocks are much stiffer and are a closer match to 3s springs.
Thanks for the confirmation, good to clear up the confusion.

I have two Typhon 3s rigs for track racing on a local track, and one came with the ZD racing springs when I bought it used. They are too long, springs are too stiff (especially rear) and two of them are leaking like crazy. I was thinking about shortening them and changing out the springs, but I don't think I will bother and rather just install the stock shocks. Even if they are stiffer than the 6s shocks and maybe more tuned for bashing than racing, they seem to perform ok. However, I am a complete racing noob and have only been to the track a couple of times.

Alternatively, if I am not happy with the stock shock performance, I will go for the recommended Mojave/Kraton 6s shocks with the TA yellow springs. I think all the other aftermarket shocks are just a blind alley, not necessarily better than stock. Probably better to go directly for the top stuff if upgrading.

Last edited:
After a while I took out my dusty Typhon 3s for some sessions with its upgraded 6s shocks.
As there weren't the perfect Typhon 6s shocks available in the past, I ordered the Mojave front for front and Outcast front for rear.

Works....but - suprisesuprise - not that perfect.

The Typhon is rolling in sharp corners.
Same issue like seen there in the test of Roadside RC (spool to 3:15Min):

Do you have a recommondation for oil and spring rate to fix it?
Should I use the stock 500cst oil?
Should I use the stock Typhon 6s spring rates (maybe rolling isn't eleminated as seen in the Roadside RC test), the Typhon 3s or do you have another (maybe better) recommondation for bashing and track?

Thanks a lot for your help and protecting me from try and error $$$ :)

Thanks for calling me to this thread @slick2500, and thank you for all of the information. I ended up going with SCT410.3 front shocks for the front and ET48.3 front shocks for the rear of my Typhon. I did have to Dremel a very little bit on the opening on the outside for the front A arms to get the larger rod end to fit, but I don’t think it will affect durability with how little I took out.

View attachment 20635

I have wanted to compile a list of all of the Tekno shocks and all of the Arrma shocks for awhile since I couldn’t find one place with all of the information when I was looking. I will need some help completing the list since I don’t own all of the vehicles or any of the new V3 Arrmas. I will update this list as I get more measurements from people. Keep in mind that the dimensions aren’t 100% accurate as you can change the eye to eye dimension by how far you turn the plastic eye onto the bottom, but they are close and I would say within 1-2mm either way.

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

Now, here is where I need help. Arrma center of eye to center of eye isn’t clearly defined in the descriptions since they list the shock shaft length in the description. Also, I am not sure if any of the lengths changed when they went to the new 4mm shock shafts, so I have listed them out separately. I have listed the shock shaft part numbers and the eye to eye lengths that I know and have question marks for the ones I do not know. Any help completing this would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure will help somebody out when they are looking to upgrade their shocks.

Arrma Kraton V1 & V2:
Front: AR330195 119mm
Rear: AR330251 142mm

Arrma Kraton V3:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Outcast V1:

Arrma Outcast V2:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Talion V1 & V2:

Arrma Talion V3:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 107mm
Rear: AR330479 120mm

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Arrma Senton 6S BLX V3:
Front: AR330510 ??
Rear: AR330512 ??

Mojave 6s
- front length (eye to eye): 108mm
- front spring: 70mm 1.35N/mm (7.7lbf/in)

- rear length (eye to eye): 133mm
- rear spring: 110mm 0.56N/mm (3.2lbf/in)

Edit #1 - updated Talion V3 per @capflya.

Edit #2 - updated Typhon V3 per @Mongoose

Edit #3 - updated Kraton V3 and Outcast V2 per @animal63518 & @bicketybam.
old thread but I thought would update you on the last talion shock lengths are / were 117 F / 131 R.

Back