Granite Improve granite battery tray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Is there any mods that can be done to improve the battery tray on the granite?

It only has 2 velcro to stop the battery from getting out, but nothing is stopping the battery from moving front to back.

I damaged a bit 2 lipo because of that, there's about 1/4 inch of play and when bashing hard the battery hit the front and the back multiple time.

I would like something a bit like the 6S model where there's a velcro to stop movement in all direction.

Thank you

Is there any mods that can be done to improve the battery tray on the granite?

It only has 2 velcro to stop the battery from getting out, but nothing is stopping the battery from moving front to back.

I damaged a bit 2 lipo because of that, there's about 1/4 inch of play and when bashing hard the battery hit the front and the back multiple time.

I would like something a bit like the 6S model where there's a velcro to stop movement in all direction.

Thank you
Foam mabey?

How small are the packs your using? Cause even my smallest pack fits tightly against the factory blocks... I have to remove them to run my larger packs.. so I'm curious as to how small of a pack your putting in there..

How small are the packs your using? Cause even my smallest pack fits tightly against the factory blocks... I have to remove them to run my larger packs.. so I'm curious as to how small of a pack your putting in there..

I'm running a 3S 6000mah which I need to remove the factory blocks for. It's too tight with the factory blocks and too loose without it.

Ok gotcha... was just curious... all of the above mentioned are good suggestions imo....

I have some of this stuff too but haven't used it on surface rc or with larger battery packs. It may be a less hassle way to keep the pack from slipping but I know velcro works.
I've also cut firm foam to fill gaps in a battery tray but it can get lost in a crash unless it's glued in. And when it's glued in there's less battery size options.

i used a lego..wrapped it in tape and its a nice little gap filler..it stays in when i bash just fine..i run a couple different size batteries so i don't want a permanent solution..i also have a piece of yoga mat that i put under the battery to soften on landings..helps a lot

I'm running a 3S 6000mah which I need to remove the factory blocks for. It's too tight with the factory blocks and too loose without it.
Do you need to remove both of the blocks? Can you leave one? If not, tape a piece of cardboard to the front edge of your lipo to make it snug.

High density foam on the batt will give it more friction and dampening. Hasn't moved yet and run on 3s only. Stick it on both sides of the batt.

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_125555318_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191031_125555318_HDR.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20191031_125522937.jpg
    IMG_20191031_125522937.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 15724871473134304071306676840166.jpg
    15724871473134304071306676840166.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 71
High density foam on the batt will give it more friction and dampening. Hasn't moved yet and run on 3s only. Stick it on both sides of the batt.
That's an awesome tip! Thank you so much for that ???

I used foam who came with my remote easy
Only for the front of the baterry tray because in a hard landing my cheap lipo as the tendency to crush a bit?

I used foam who came with my remote easy
Only for the front of the baterry tray because in a hard landing my cheap lipo as the tendency to crush a bit?

I think it's a design flaw of the battery tray. Doesn't have a nice big flat surface to smash up against, like most other brands. I've bashed in a few batteries too.

I think it's a design flaw of the battery tray. Doesn't have a nice big flat surface to smash up against, like most other brands. I've bashed in a few batteries too.
Nah it fit perfectly without any play just my lipo being cheap
Still better than some baterry trays

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back