Outcast Improve steering with stock servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi, is there anything I can do to improve the turning radius on the Arrma Outcast, I just got one and it has a really large turning radius.

From what I can see as soon as I turn with a bit of power, the front wheel straighten even if I at the maximum steering on the remote.

Is it just the servo that is not strong enough to maintain the steering direction under load?

Anything I can do to improve this? Servo saver maybe?

If you have the v3 OC, you can try tightening the servo saver nut. You may also want to look into a metal servo mount, as the composite mount flexes a lot.

If you have the v3 OC, you can try tightening the servo saver nut. You may also want to look into a metal servo mount, as the composite mount flexes a lot.

I already have the GKA servo mount since before I ran it for the first time, so I can't compare.

I will try to tighten the saver nut a bit.

Mine was like that due to my servo saver had WD40 on it (if I only had someone to blame...), no matter how much I tightened it it didn't help. only taking the SS apart and giving it a good clean helped it.

Mine was like that due to my servo saver had WD40 on it (if I only had someone to blame...), no matter how much I tightened it it didn't help. only taking the SS apart and giving it a good clean helped it.

Is there supposed to be any form of lubrification in the servo saver or should I just contact clean it.

Fraction should not have any impact on the funcion of the servo safer. Are you sure you did not tighten it more after reassembly @Yonic ?

I know some arrma drivers who almost submerge their cars in WD40 after running them in a wet enviroment - no impact on the servo safer.

at the upper a-arm pins there are clips. Put all the clips behind the a-arms. Made my outcast turn tighter.

Different differential oil also can make the car drift more or can make the car turn better off power

at the upper a-arm pins there are clips. Put all the clips behind the a-arms. Made my outcast turn tighter.

Different differential oil also can make the car drift more or can make the car turn better off power

I will try it, but as soon as I hit the throttle too much while turning I see the front wheel straightening even when I'm turning the remote control full left or right. Maybe the gyroscopic effect is fighting the servo?

If the gyroscope effect is the problem, you should be able to reproduce it with the car off the ground.

You could also adjust the toe to make the car turn more

Its never going to turn sharply on throttle unless the rear brings it around, no weight on the front end. Not sure on your experience but try getting off throttle to plant the front a bit more to gain some more steering effect. Could be as simple as that, saves you buying things you don't necessarily need right now.

Fraction should not have any impact on the funcion of the servo safer. Are you sure you did not tighten it more after reassembly @Yonic ?
if the two parts are lubricated, they slip much more easily. I had the exact problem @shingo is describing, way reduced steering even under the mildest of power, like when I was cruising at 25mph, but If I let off the power, it would steer sharply.

Before I cleaned it I tried to:
- change the servo to a savox
- tighten the SS to the extreme
- change the servo mount to aluminum
- try multiple toe settings

nothing helped, only after I took the SS apart, I noticed it was slippery, I cleaned it, put it together, and now I can turn on a dime no matter what. even if the SS is half as tight as before.

I assumed it was the WD40, but could be other stuff I sprayed on my car, dunno, I use all sort of stuff, could also be Moo-slick or some 3-1 oil I use on the bearings.

Okay - so i opened up my servo safer and greased it up with teflon dry fluid and afterwards tightened it up again. Seriously i can feel no difference. Your servo safer seems to be different from mine.

Okay - so i opened up my servo safer and greased it up with teflon dry fluid and afterwards tightened it up again. Seriously i can feel no difference. Your servo safer seems to be different from mine.
I think you didn't understand what I wrote, I said the opposite - they should NOT be lubricated.

I think you didn't understand what i wrote: the servo safers function does not rely on fraction - lubricated or not mine does work the same - as it should.

did you lubricate this area marked in red?
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 10.29.47 AM.png

Yes - i know it is not recommended, advised, needed, whatsoever - but when you said, your problem originated from these areas being lubricated by WD40, maybe something else, i had to try, as i know some arrma drivers who almost bath their rigs in WD40 after a wet run, and their servo safer have to be drenched with WD40 - yet their steering is fine.

So i opened up my servo safer all the way up, and as i am no fan of WD40 i used teflon dry fluid. It generates even less frinction than WD40 but does not collect dirt but it also does not displayce water. Then i tightened it up again.

I did not take measurements, so this is no objetive oberservation, but driving my kraton feels no different to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back