Improving grip on gym floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The slick ones? Softer would be better for more traction? Also it's a bit dusty so will that cause problems? Anything like a sticky compound to put on stock tires instead of getting new ones?

ya the dust is going to be an issue with any tire really.. once they get caked up with dust it's just driving on ice... unfortunately even a grip altering substance you put on the tires is going to pick up the dust...

It would be best to thoroughly mop and dry the track if possible..

The guy running it says they run one of those floor cleaner machines over it before he sets up, so he wasn't keen on cleaning it more, but ya it's still not great.

There's a group near me that races indoors on smooth finish concrete, and they claim mini pin type tires work best on smooth slippery surfaces. I have no experience with it, but could be worth a try.

49CE7294-E016-4296-82D1-001440E53714.jpeg

The guy running it says they run one of those floor cleaner machines over it before he sets up, so he wasn't keen on cleaning it more, but ya it's still not great.

Gotcha, ya that stinks, but it is what it is...

So now onto the next best thing.. you need to tune that rig to the conditions provided..

Tuning diffs to make them very free will increase the drivability on the course, as well as a power tune .. faster and punchier is not always better on a course.. the ability to manage is...

Lmao... some mek in a bottle, it does work!

Thanks guys. Ya, maybe I'll just try simple green then and clean the tires each run.
Try to find some tires with a sneaker like tread design. Imagine basketball shoe bottoms. Wavy ribs is what I imagine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back