IMPULSE BUYING 🤔 HAVE YOU BEEN Infected WITH THE VIRUS CALLED RC ADDICTION 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I'm sure almost every single person that's in this hobby has at one point just bought something out of the blue just because you could and something inside of you said fk it I'm getting it now👍😁. addiction.its real. This forum feeds the insanity of RC.😁 So let's hear it. What did you impulse buy?

I'm sure almost every single person that's in this hobby has at one point just bought something out of the blue just because you could and something inside of you said fk it I'm getting it now👍😁. addiction.its real. This forum feeds the insanity of RC.😁 So let's hear it. What did you impulse buy?

Every one of my rigs was..!
My wife would kill me a dozen times over. That's why I work on my rigs so slow... cause disassembled , can't tell how many 😁

Me so smart...

Last edited:
Got a nice set of heat shrink tubes in a case.also got some EC5 connectors.all for my boy BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 💪😁

IMG_20230318_231925184.jpg

IMG_20230318_231735856.jpg

IMG_20230321_215228200.jpg

I personally think that when you see something that you want ,it stays there until you satisfy that desire. the want.
I want that
I want this
Damn that's sweet I want that or the oh snap I want this or omg 😱 yo I got to get that Rc .like now 🤣🤣🤣. is impulse BUYING a form of selfishness?

Last edited:
Got a nice set of heat shrink tubes in a case.also got some EC5 connectors.all for my boy BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 💪😁

View attachment 287258

View attachment 287259

View attachment 287260
I personally think that when you see something that you want ,it stays there until you satisfy that desire. the want.
I want that
I want this
Damn that's sweet I want that or the oh snap I want this or omg 😱 yo I got to get that Rc .like now 🤣🤣🤣. is impulse BUYING a form of selfishness?
No, not at all! Think of it as achieving your goals...instantly! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 287258

View attachment 287259

View attachment 287260
I want that
I want this
Just curious, did you wrap your center driveshaft in wire loom? If yes, why?🙄🤔🤨

Every one of my rigs was..!
My wife would kill me a dozen times over. That's why I work on my rigs so slow... cause disassembled , can't tell how many 😁

Me so smart...
You so screwed.....She's just waiting to play that trump card....

Oh, sorry. The list is too long of impulse buys. Most of what I've owned in the past was something that I thought was cool and turned out to be a waste of money. Doesn't mean it wasn't a heck of a lot of fun.

These days, I "try" to do some research and make better decisions. Doesn't always work. Lol.

Last edited:
This isn't to do with an rc car but an rc fixed wing plane.

So on impulse i ordered a large and fast fixed wing rc plane kit from the USA which i managed to build really well..but can i actually fly it?🙃

Was a hell of an impulse buy because i was really drawn to it because of the way it looks and also the youtube footage i had seen of it.

I built it awhile ago and still don't have the skills needed to fly it yet.😂

Well, the Granite was kinda impulse buy, since the research came after I got it. Mojave was a little more planned, but came sooner rather than later😅 oh, and the Kyosho DBX and a HPI RS4 Sport 3 was some beat up cars I got for a fair price from a colleague, the day I mentioned I had bought an RC car. So maybe a little impulse-buy.🤔 But the Scx24....still waiting on it. (Probably will be delivered today.) That was a: "This looks cool, I want one now"-buy.

Walked into my LHS for some M3 locknuts($8) and walked out with the locknuts and WAAAAYYYY overpriced Lunsford titanium turnbuckles. And they are not even for my Senton. They are 4x60/4x50/3x38 and I need 4x34. But did I mention they are titanium? I can make them work. Don't ask what I bought yesterday after going in for some TopSecret plastic parts for my latest build I ordered........
I suspect that when Layne Staley sang Don't Follow he wasn't talking about heroin, but rather, this hobby.
20230322_023226.jpg

My last real impulse buy was a Traxxas 1933 Ford Hot Rod Coupe. I normally research my prospective RC vehicle buys thoroughly, but not that time. As I walked in the door of my local RC shop to buy parts, I saw both the '33 coupe and the '35 truck sitting on display just inside the front door - they had just been released that day. I'm a sucker for old Fords from the thirties, and I just had to have a RC vehicle from that period. It took me longer to decide on the color than it did to decide to buy a blue Coupe.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/hot-rod-coupe
Walked into my LHS for some M3 locknuts($8) and walked out with the locknuts and WAAAAYYYY overpriced Lunsford titanium turnbuckles. And they are not even for my Senton. They are 4x60/4x50/3x38 and I need 4x34. But did I mention they are titanium? I can make them work. Don't ask what I bought yesterday after going in for some TopSecret plastic parts for my latest build I ordered........
I suspect that when Layne Staley sang Don't Follow he wasn't talking about heroin, but rather, this hobby.
View attachment 287314
Nice haul, especially since Lunsford went out of business recently.

Last edited:
My last real impulse buy was a Traxxas 1933 Ford Hot Rod Coupe. I normally research my prospective RC vehicle buys thoroughly, but not that time. As I walked in the door of my local RC shop to buy parts, I saw both the '33 coupe and the '35 truck sitting on display just inside the front door - they had just been released that day. I'm a sucker for old Fords from the thirties, and I just had to have a RC vehicle from that period. It took me longer to decide on the color than it did to decide to buy a blue Coupe.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/hot-rod-coupe

Nice haul, especially since Lunsford went out of business recently.
That is sweet..the video was awesome to watch..watched it like 3 times 👍😁thanks for posting
It all started with rlaaro cheap rc, then I got a Typhon upgraded it and it started the process, no I have Typhon , talion , vorteks and a v1 and v2 limitless...
Nice collection 👍😁

$1600 ONYX LiPos
$80 worth of wire and connectors
$320 2 new TP4070 CM motors
$180 More Saga Mod1 gears for the dual motor setup
$250 Scorched dual motor roto lock and titanium spool
$260 Second XLX2 for the dual motor build
$36 iSDT x6 nano charger solely to check lipo internal resistance
$360 to top it all off the new Rlaarlo 1/10 on road AK-917 that I didn't need, along with all the aluminum upgrades :LOL:

$1600 ONYX LiPos
$80 worth of wire and connectors
$320 2 new TP4070 CM motors
$180 More Saga Mod1 gears for the dual motor setup
$250 Scorched dual motor roto lock and titanium spool
$260 Second XLX2 for the dual motor build
$36 iSDT x6 nano charger solely to check lipo internal resistance
$360 to top it all off the new Rlaarlo 1/10 on road AK-917 that I didn't need, along with all the aluminum upgrades :LOL:

Is that all..?
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Back