In need of help with my: RC Truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted 2 RC's

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Is there anyone out there that lives in Chesterfield area at all?

I need help with my Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab 3S.

I've tried to do all of the end points etc on it and it's all messed up accelerate is going reverse and reverse doesn't do anything! So I need a pro that could fix it for me I don't mind paying either to have it fixed, because I don't know what I'm doing properly.

Please help me with this issue I'm having.

Have you messed with the ESC programming at all? It sounds like you may have switched the running mode from Fwd/Brk/Rev to just Fwd/Brk. As to it going the wrong direction, either change the throttle switch on the TX or ensure your motor wires are plugged in to the right ones.

Look in the manual for how to change settings. I think you have motor rotation and driving mode switched up a bit.

First, switch the motor rotation. This should switch forward to backwards and the other way around.
You should now only be able to go forward.

After that, switch from 'f/b' (forward/break) to 'f/b/r' (forward/break/reverse).
This should enable going in reverse.

View the problem as 2 problems: i
- it's going only one way
- it's going the wrong way.
Solve each problem individually, and it is much easier to understand.

Hope this solves it! Nobody likes problems!

Look in the manual for how to change settings. I think you have motor rotation and driving mode switched up a bit.

First, switch the motor rotation. This should switch forward to backwards and the other way around.
You should now only be able to go forward.

After that, switch from 'f/b' (forward/break) to 'f/b/r' (forward/break/reverse).
This should enable going in reverse.

View the problem as 2 problems: i
- it's going only one way
- it's going the wrong way.
Solve each problem individually, and it is much easier to understand.

Hope this solves it! Nobody likes problems!
Nice way to put it!

Can I suggest you completely rebind your radio, I know it's a pain, but I've seen the Spektrum radio's have a freak out and need to be rebound. Just make sure your dual rate knows are at 100% and steering trim is set right before the rebind.

What model radio do you have? The SLT3?

You might want to do the factory reset first?

Here is the procedure and how to set your end points:

Screenshot_20210827-072219_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Last edited:
Reset to all defaults and start over. The manual may be hard to understand, but it is all in there.
This. I bet that you accidentally changed the default esc settings when trying to set the throttle endpoints. I suspect that I did this, because when I hooked a program card up to my esc to change the punch setting, the battery was set to NiMH.

Hey everyone, I've done everything that you all suggested to do and I'm still not having any luck with it.
I do know that when I first got this Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab 3S I just took it straight out and used it, with it saying ready to run. I never did all the end points etc.
Last time I used it, it made a high pitch noise!! I don't know if that means anything, I've got a feeling that somethings broken on it, the esc.
I've tried loads of times to try and correct this problem and I'm just not getting anywhere with it.
Has anyone ever heard of a high pitch noise coming from Arrma Truck??

It's really doing my head in.

I need to find someone that can take a look at my truck, to see what they think of the issue.

Hey everyone, I've done everything that you all suggested to do and I'm still not having any luck with it.
I do know that when I first got this Arrma Big Rock Crew Cab 3S I just took it straight out and used it, with it saying ready to run. I never did all the end points etc.
Last time I used it, it made a high pitch noise!! I don't know if that means anything, I've got a feeling that somethings broken on it, the esc.
I've tried loads of times to try and correct this problem and I'm just not getting anywhere with it.
Has anyone ever heard of a high pitch noise coming from Arrma Truck??

It's really doing my head in.

I need to find someone that can take a look at my truck, to see what they think of the issue.
Can you video the issue and upload to you tube then link the video here?

Make sure that your transmitter isn't set to Throttle Reverse. The switch is on the back, and could have accidentally been switched.

There are three things that could cause forward/reverse to be backwards:
1. Motor wires swapped- Not likely since they are color coded.
2. Throttle Reverse switch on remote- Already checked.
3. Motor rotation in the ESC settings- Resetting esc to factory default should have fixed this.

Just out of curiosity, flip the Throttle Reverse switch on the remote and see what happens. If it has no affect, than I would suspect a defective receiver or esc.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back