In the mood for a rock crawler. Any suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been thinking about getting a crawler looking for opinions in the best rc forum around vaterra sender or axial scx10.

View attachment 39989View attachment 39990
The Axial has the best support out of them all, BUT out of the box TRX-4 is better. TRX will give you two speeds selectable, front and rear lockers (either rear or front and rear locked) selectable, and PORTAL AXLES for the most clearance
I have a Redcat Gen 8 P.A.C.K., an Axial SCX10.2 Jeep Wrangler CRC edition and an Axial Bomber kit, which has recently been discontinued.

My Redcat and my buddies both have steering issues. To get the binding to go away, we had to turn the steering WAY down to the point where it is 5 point turns to do a 90° corner. Some of them don't have the issue from what I've read but both of ours do.

My SCX10.2 has a lot of upgrades on it and looking back, I wish I would have gotten the Cherokee kit, not the builders kit, as the kit has a number of upgraded parts. Even though I've upgraded the crap out of this thing, I still love it and upgrades are easy as heck you find for it

My Bomber has a decent amount of upgrades and I'm happy that I got the kit version of that one while it was still available as the kit has some upgraded parts.

I'm currently looking for another scale kit to buy so that I can strip the Redcat of everything useful and scrap it. I'm torn between the new Element Enduro (hoping they come out with a kit soon) and a Traxxas TRX4 sport kit. My buddy has 7 TRX4 rigs, 3 SCX10s, a Demon and a couple of others (I've lost track of his lol) and he swears by the TRX4 and says that they are the best ones he's driven. I have a hard time supporting Traxxas though and that's why I'm thinking of waiting for an Enduro kit. Just my opinion though.
I feel the same way about the TRX, but otb it impresses me the most

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back