Incoming 1/8 Kraton RTR; questions/opinions regarding electronics and smart IC5 plug and QS8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi
I was planning to build an EXB 1/8 Kraton but was able to get a great deal from Joostin420. I'm using QS8 plugs on my limitless and want to have uniform plugs with my battery. What happens if you cut the smart wire from the ESC and solder a QS8 connector? Or would I be better off just selling the stock electronics and going hobbywing or Castle? What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Hi
I was planning to build an EXB 1/8 Kraton but was able to get a great deal from Joostin420. I'm using QS8 plugs on my limitless and want to have uniform plugs with my battery. What happens if you cut the smart wire from the ESC and solder a QS8 connector? Or would I be better off just selling the stock electronics and going hobbywing or Castle? What do you guys think??
You lose smart capabilities but other than that it's perfectly ok to do so(y)
Cutting Cut Off GIF by Travis

Seems to be a shame to cut the smart wire

☝️no no no....CASTLE COMBO👌💪:cool::p
hahah I feel so dirty saying max 6 combo. I really want to say Max6/TP motor or mmx8s/tp motor. But then I start to think, if they're asking this question in the first place maybe they're better off with a max 6 combo. :ROFLMAO:

hahah I feel so dirty saying max 6 combo. I really want to say Max6/TP motor or mmx8s/tp motor. But then I start to think, if they're asking this question in the first place maybe they're better off with a max 6 combo. :ROFLMAO:
Yea combo's are a blessing. Take the guess work out of it.(y)
I'm just a CC fan so I'll always say Castle. :LOL:

also,
I don’t believe you need to worry about the warranty, since I think you bought it in the classifieds. so I say you can put the qs8 plugs on the stock esc if you wanted to, till you decide what you want to do to the rig if you wanted to. Or if you want to keep the stock esc combo like new then change it out. Like I said before I have the max6 1650 combo in my exb and it’s great.
I put xt150 connectors on all my rigs. I like the 6mm size myself, but qs8’s are great connection! I wish I had the $$ for them on all my stuff, but it’s cost prohibitive right now 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back