Typhon Indoor Smooth Concrete Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
A bunch of my friends do some indoor racing on smooth concrete and was looking at getting some tires just for it for my Typhon. I am wondering if anybody knows of some good tires for the smooth concrete? I was thinking of the rims and tires shown in the link below as they are for paved surfaces. I just don't know if they will fit my Typhon without rubbing anything as they are more designed for the Nero/Kraton but I like the idea of the extra width to prevent rolling. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.srchobbies.com/products...traxxas-17mm-hex-set-of-2?variant=11196079559

Hi bud, that actual description says they fit all models of arrma so probably good. Like the look of them though, are belted better than glued?

Hi bud, that actual description says they fit all models of arrma so probably good. Like the look of them though, are belted better than glued?
But I don't know if the width of them will rub the body and chassis of the typhon when I turn. And at $90 US it's not a cheap thing to get and hope they work. Lol
These are glued as well as belted. The belted just keeps the tires from ballooning at high speeds which I think would be good for concrete as you would have the whole tire touch the ground for cornering versus 30 percent of it from ballooning.

But I don't know if the width of them will rub the body and chassis of the typhon when I turn. And at $90 US it's not a cheap thing to get and hope they work. Lol
These are glued as well as belted. The belted just keeps the tires from ballooning at high speeds which I think would be good for concrete as you would have the whole tire touch the ground for cornering versus 30 percent of it from ballooning.
I got recomended these hex adapters/ extenders in another thread to enable fitment of 2.8/3.8 trenchers so they should defo work for those wheels you want to fit too without rubbing: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001416392&I=LXVKH7&P=K

I got recomended these hex adapters/ extenders in another thread to enable fitment of 2.8/3.8 trenchers so they should defo work for those wheels you want to fit too without rubbing: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001416392&I=LXVKH7&P=K
Awesome. Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely have to try these out and for $17 if they don't work it's not a huge amount of money to waste trying something. I know with this hobby I have spent a lot more on stupider things. lol

Awesome. Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely have to try these out and for $17 if they don't work it's not a huge amount of money to waste trying something. I know with this hobby I have spent a lot more on stupider things. lol
No problem bud, you don't have to tell me about wasting money! i've ordered some to fit bigger wheels too but let me know how you get on with the crushers? Plus add some pictures when she's finally wearing her new shoes please ;)

Why not go with a tire closer to the stock wheels?

The GRP tires are 1/8 road racing size. $50 for 4. Depending on how serious your "racing" is, maybe a s3-5 compound for long wearing, or a S1-2 for more traction.
https://www.amazon.com/GRP/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_9465780011?ie=UTF8&node=9465780011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=GRP
I'm happy I didn't order anything yet. I think I might give these a try as they are reasonably priced and can get them in different compounds. Thanks a lot.

IMG_9983.JPG
I'm happy I didn't order anything yet. I think I might give these a try as they are reasonably priced and can get them in different compounds. Thanks a lot.
this is the rubber my car is wearing atm, very cheap but have lasted well so far and grip great on flat and smooth. I only want the hex adapters to fit big fat rubber lol, there are plenty on road options without having to mod mate.

Attachments

• IMG_9983.JPG
    IMG_9983.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 35
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back