Granite Inexpensive brushless combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hello everyone,

Is there a decent brushless combo suitable for the granite 4x4 under $100? I've yet to find such one. The max 10 60A is more like $150 where I come from, so idk whether or not it's worth it.
Any advice appreciated

You can get a stock one from Jenny’s rc for 100 bucks . They usually re up every week

9370FB1E-903B-4D5A-90B4-1C778E6A285C.png

D7B9BE83-4217-4EB5-B2A2-4A8CB225A40B.png

Hello everyone,

Is there a decent brushless combo suitable for the granite 4x4 under $100? I've yet to find such one. The max 10 60A is more like $150 where I come from, so idk whether or not it's worth it.
Any advice appreciated

I have a hobbywing sct pro, and a sensored 3660, that was in a combo buy for $180...... straight from the hobbywing site. It’s nice. But you need to know what Batteries you wanna rock, as that ESC is 4s capable, and the 3600kv motor I have wouldn’t last long on 4s.... so I stick to 3s

I have a hobbywing sct pro, and a sensored 3660, that was in a combo buy for $180...... straight from the hobbywing site. It’s nice. But you need to know what Batteries you wanna rock, as that ESC is 4s capable, and the 3600kv motor I have wouldn’t last long on 4s.... so I stick to 3s
That's true, and I don't even think my Granite would take that kind of power either. I'm gonna stick to 2S until I get the BLX Spur
Btw. What gearing do you recommend on this setup? Thanks for the t reply

Running straight stock on 3s. I have the fan on the stock arrma heatsinc, and just ran through two of my new purchase of 6500 Mih 65c graphene packs.... decent packs. Temps were at or below 105 degrees Fahrenheit..... both motor, and esc.... but it was 35 degrees outside today.... running stock wheels, and the thing rips hard.... haven’t messed with the turbo timing yet, but I may at some point... seems to be solid so far.

I will admit, that I have sort of a hybrid slipper currently, as it’s the new castellated style, but only 2 friction discs...or is it three????... been a while since I’ve had it apart. Red locktite is your friend... blue never seemed to work for me on the slipper bolt. Too much temp.... I haven’t touched this one in months. Parts and a new big rock are on the way

Last edited:
Running straight stock on 3s. I have the fan on the stock arrma heatsinc, and just ran through two of my new purchase of 6500 Mih 65c graphene packs.... decent packs. Temps were at or below 105 degrees Fahrenheit..... both motor, and esc.... but it was 35 degrees outside today.... running stock wheels, and the thing rips hard.... haven’t messed with the turbo timing yet, but I may at some point... seems to be solid so far.

I will admit, that I have sort of a hybrid slipper currently, as it’s the new castellated style, but only 2 friction discs...or is it three????... been a while since I’ve had it apart. Red locktite is your friend... blue never seemed to work for me on the slipper bolt. Too much temp.... I haven’t touched this one in months. Parts and a new big rock are on the way
Good to hear the temps aren't too high. I still hope my stock mega spur gear can handle the power for some while

i run the mega too i run the gool rc 80 amp esc and surpass hobby 3660 3300kv on 2 s only. work's great i run 15/57 with blx slipper setup gool rc can be hit or miss on there esc's

i run the mega too i run the gool rc 80 amp esc and surpass hobby 3660 3300kv on 2 s only. work's great i run 15/57 with blx slipper setup gool rc can be hit or miss on there esc's
Thanks for the reply
What kind of speeds do you get with that setup? I've heard gool RC had issues with cogging

Back