Infraction - 1/5 scale motor conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
I thought I’d share my lil conversion that I did to my infraction. I had no issues whatsoever with the K8s motor esc combo and I really enjoyed it. I saw the hobbywing motor at my lhs and wondered how it would perform on mine. I had already switched the esc for a Traxxas one because it had the bec for my light kit.

so here’s my list as follows

1) 1100kv 1/5 motor
2) 34T pinion
3) 42T spool (previous mod)
4) PPS alloy diff mount/motor mount kit with 1/5 scale slider
5) PPS alloy diff cover
6) Traxxas 8s vxl esc (previous mod)

I plan to put 100k oil in the front and rear diffs over the weekend and then install the spektrum 6100AT receiver. Hopefully I’ll have no problems setting it all up and dialing in the new values. I’ll make another vid with my top notch camerawoman (my daughter).

Pics of the build with final assembly. I’d be curious to see how well it performs. I’m sure tons of torque and on 8s.

DBE7A18F-FB8D-4292-8059-A9677A7E51B3.jpeg
43014049-D0E7-4AFB-B88D-04F6982D8B03.jpeg
243AD10D-C7A6-4B4A-9DC6-2435A42A313E.jpeg
D1ABB640-6221-41F2-9470-A7B26A189D7A.jpeg
E7A18347-0CFF-4523-87C2-97B63771135E.jpeg
A7720E8D-FF22-4CC8-B1DC-2A46B525128A.jpeg
42748C05-7FAF-4CC4-938C-1BEFC3277A8F.jpeg
B322420C-0B76-4648-A2F3-AC7CEF313090.jpeg
4B979D46-2813-4355-A470-AC89CB9DFF59.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks ?

downside is that it now weighs a ton ?
Well, I know I'm looking forward to your top notch camera woman translating a speed and power run to some video so we can see it rip! I understand these best videographers can be expensive but ice cream and pizza is how I'd pay my crew. lol

Well, I know I'm looking forward to your top notch camera woman translating a speed and power run to some video so we can see it rip! I understand these best videographers can be expensive but ice cream and pizza is how I'd pay my crew. lol
I got those ticked. I have chocolate, strawberries, whipped cream, popsicles and cranberry/apple juice.......oh and jelly beans

I just gotta make sure I don’t hit her this time ?

I was just asking as my dual motor build is now lighter than a stock infraction by 3 oz

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_024100.jpg
    IMG_20200404_024100.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 83
I was just asking as my dual motor build is now lighter than a stock infraction by 3 oz
I’d like to weigh it as I am curious. The motor is heavy and two 4s hard case batteries aren’t exactly light either.

Yeah I can imagine the 6s packs used here are cheapo's and hit 12 ilbs + so my graphene's will Defo take it a bit more

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_022933.jpg
    IMG_20200404_022933.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 60
Yeah I can imagine the 6s packs used here are cheapo's and hit 12 ilbs + so my graphene's will Defo take it a bit more
Unless I’m weak mine feels like 20 lbs

Dumb newbie question, I've never had different grades to compare, and I can't find the conversion chart...

The stock diff oil is listed as 10,000cst. Is your "100k" oil the same as 100,000cst? That's like 10x the viscosity of the stock stuff. That almost makes the diffs lock up, doesn't it?

Dumb newbie question, I've never had different grades to compare, and I can't find the conversion chart...

The stock diff oil is listed as 10,000cst. Is your "100k" oil the same as 100,000cst? That's like 10x the viscosity of the stock stuff. That almost makes the diffs lock up, doesn't it?
100k is 100,000 cst. It is 10x thicker but not enough to really lock a diff. Even on a 3S rig, it is for sure stiffer, but far from locked.

nah still turns but far from being a locked diff. I’m experimenting with thicker oils to see what it does.

Oh well that lasted long. That Traxxas esc fried itself me thinks ?. I bound the receiver to the transmitter and was about to proceed to calibrate the esc and then I had no throttle. The green power light stays on but also there’s 3 red leds that also stay lit at the same time. I found some info online that said it’s “critical error” and I need to call Traxxas.

what do I tell em? ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, guys! This is the first time I've had cars with "real" differentials in them. Most of my experience from way back when was with the diffs that used ball bearings, like an old RC-10.

And tuning the handling by changing the viscosity of the lube is entirely new to me.

Now I gotta get a better handle on tuning the shocks.....

Thanks for the info, guys! This is the first time I've had cars with "real" differentials in them. Most of my experience from way back when was with the diffs that used ball bearings, like an old RC-10.

And tuning the handling by changing the viscosity of the lube is entirely new to me.

I’m just experimenting. Who knows maybe I’ll want a thicker oil ??‍♂️

I’m just curious to see how it responds to oil thickness. Rebuilding the diffs didn’t take too long either. About 1 hour per diff. I plan to do the same on the new limitless and I may take a vid or pics of it.

nah still turns but far from being a locked diff. I’m experimenting with thicker oils to see what it does.

Oh well that lasted long. That Traxxas esc fried itself me thinks ?. I bound the receiver to the transmitter and was about to proceed to calibrate the esc and then I had no throttle. The green power light stays on but also there’s 3 red leds that also stay lit at the same time. I found some info online that said it’s “critical error” and I need to call Traxxas.

what do I tell em? ?
Just let them what it did as you went to use it bro. Plugged in your batteries to run your rig and it's now giving you this problem! The ESC shouldn't do this, this new. You may have to pay shipping cost if they have you send it in.

Stock CST weight for our Limitless/Infraction is 2000cst. Honestly you'll be wanting to test higher viscosity then this weight as anything lesser, these rigs will body roll around like Cadillac's. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back