Infraction 8s Re-build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Guys, join me on this build, well more of a re-build. This is my infraction with all stock electronics ripped out with the hopes of building another speed car.

One of my main objectives in this build is to have the battery trays remain in place so in that case I’ll be going with a castle 1717 1650 kv motor. My speed objective on this car is like 115 MPH so I’m ok with this motor.

I already had the side skirts on it and they work out well with locating the ESC. The receiving box has found a nice spot as well and ample space is left for the servo.

The PPS mount, motor and locked spool are on the way. The E-brake will be taken out along with the center dog bones as the rear is already bent anyway.

More on this project next week 😁
3B2B42DD-268C-4A55-8658-6C715C01B90B.jpeg

As stated, I wanted to leave he battery trays exactly where they are. As far as I’m aware right now that wouldn’t be possible with the 1100 KV motor.
I’m well aware this setup is capable of way more than 115 MPH but I don’t plan on pressuring this car. My limitless will likely be taking most of the beating.
As stated, I wanted to leave he battery trays exactly where they are. As far as I’m aware right now that wouldn’t be possible with the 1100 KV motor.
I’m well aware this setup is capable of way more than 115 MPH but I don’t plan on pressuring this car. My limitless will likely be taking most of the beating.
And that has the 1100 KV installed

Parts came in early fortunately. So now PPS is set along with motor. I also have a new drive shaft and spool but that’s for tomorrow.
0E31A712-EC89-4EDA-AB22-7C91DFF3DAF7.jpeg

I see Raz Shifrin going about a similar build on YouTube...

Last edited:
Guys, I’m setting up to work on the electrical connections today but I have a concern before I proceed...

The 1717 motor wires and bullet connectors are smaller than the 2028. I was thinking of just changing the bullets to 8mm to work with the XLX2. Will that be sufficient or do I need to change the wires too?

Guys, I’m setting up to work on the electrical connections today but I have a concern before I proceed...

The 1717 motor wires and bullet connectors are smaller than the 2028. I was thinking of just changing the bullets to 8mm to work with the XLX2. Will that be sufficient or do I need to change the wires too?
I would put 8AWG cabling on it. Not so much for the cable it self, but the 8mm bullets will have a better contact surface

How concerned should I be about soldering so close to the motor?
I will be applying heat to remove existing cables and heat again to attach new ones...
ECD21A03-C44A-4FF1-93F5-09567599208B.jpeg

How concerned should I be about soldering so close to the motor?
I will be applying heat to remove existing cables and heat again to attach new ones...View attachment 163933
Intervals to give it time to settle is wise. But you'll find the motor is one big cooling block/heat exchanger and will need a lot of heat to get the solder flowing. And it's definitely unleaded, high resilient solder what is used. You do need a more heavy duty soldermachine. Supporting with a heatblower can be advantageous.

Or you could use one of these
Connector

So what adapter did you end up using on the motor leads? I'm in the process of basically the same build. Was going to mount the motor the opposite way so I didn't have to extend the motor wires but just the power leads. This looks good.

I made my own adapter using 10 AWG wire to match the existing motor wires. Also used 8 mm bullets to match the ESC. I did the research, this should work fine.

Nice build so far!
I have seen the 1717 used in applications up to 150mph so you should be good to reach your goals no problem.

Always nice having Raz build something similar at the same time. It appears you went with his same battery wiring setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back