Infraction Infraction Camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Hello

Please forgive me if I do not use the right terms for the parts. I was looking at my Infraction with new tires and I see one side on the rear has way too much negative camber sitting on the inside edge of the tire...need to flatten that more to the surface centered. I will attempt to adjust the turnbuckle to fix...if that is correct?

I also looked at the front and on the camber gauge it reads between a -1 to -2 not 0 and I also looked at how the tires sit on the table with batteries in the RC. Depending on how I rolling it the new tires are touching the center, but roll it some more that can change not being flat center but more to one side or another. Heck these are Infraction tires after a run they will never look like this...but the concern is the camber.

1. Do I need to be that concerned on the front camber on the number readings?
2. How do you adjust the front camber on the Infraction?

On the front, I do see a turnbuckle but due to the bottom A-arm and the top suspension support arm, it does not seem to have an effect on the camber for the front.. It seems to be a fixed camber position. If I adjust the two red screws upfront to the ball joints it just tights the left to right motion to where there is no turning motion.

Back looks to have camber adjustment, is the front set....or am I just newbie and missing it?

Thx

On the 6S rigs, you need to remove the spacers on the top or bottom pivot balls where they attach to the a-arms. You can remove all of them if needed as well. Adding too many will result in the possibility of the CVD shaft coming out of the drive cup on full articulation.

1589827914039.png

Thx jondilly1974 for the rely....I know I would not have discovered that...

Side question on tires - Infraction Hoon tires are directional. Does that matter anymore once they become slicks? What I am getting at so I can rotate and wear them out better, can I move them in any location after the tread is all gone and they are slicks? Does it matter anymore?

Thx

Thx jondilly1974 for the rely....I know I would not have discovered that...

Side question on tires - Infraction Hoon tires are directional. Does that matter anymore once they become slicks? What I am getting at so I can rotate and wear them out better, can I move them in any location after the tread is all gone and they are slicks? Does it matter anymore?

Thx
Technically they are directional, but as you point out when they become almost slicks, does it really matter? I would guess no. Just a guess.

Hello

Please forgive me if I do not use the right terms for the parts. I was looking at my Infraction with new tires and I see one side on the rear has way too much negative camber sitting on the inside edge of the tire...need to flatten that more to the surface centered. I will attempt to adjust the turnbuckle to fix...if that is correct?

I also looked at the front and on the camber gauge it reads between a -1 to -2 not 0 and I also looked at how the tires sit on the table with batteries in the RC. Depending on how I rolling it the new tires are touching the center, but roll it some more that can change not being flat center but more to one side or another. Heck these are Infraction tires after a run they will never look like this...but the concern is the camber.

1. Do I need to be that concerned on the front camber on the number readings?
2. How do you adjust the front camber on the Infraction?

On the front, I do see a turnbuckle but due to the bottom A-arm and the top suspension support arm, it does not seem to have an effect on the camber for the front.. It seems to be a fixed camber position. If I adjust the two red screws upfront to the ball joints it just tights the left to right motion to where there is no turning motion.

Back looks to have camber adjustment, is the front set....or am I just newbie and missing it?

Thx
I came here looking for the same answer, my rears are wearing on the inside a lot more than the outside did you adjust those cambers and did it do any change?

I came here looking for the same answer, my rears are wearing on the inside a lot more than the outside did you adjust those cambers and did it do any change?
If the insides are wearing faster then adjust your camber 1 degree out and the top. This should end up being neutral camber (zero camber). Buy a new set of tires and see how they hold up. Adjust as necessary.

Jondilly is right... I adjust the turnbuckle in the rear to get them flat then roll on a flat table to see how they look. He is also correct I adjust them as I go if they need to....normally I do it on each set of new tires and recheck when I move them from front to back after some packs...and I put a line across the new tires on 4 spots to see how they wear on the first run.... @SrC taught me that he can add more....good tip to see how they wear!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back