Limitless Infraction diff in limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So my infraction center diff came in today and I'm going to put it in limitless per you guys advise, what should I be expecting different from it..

It will drive like an Infr. Drive it and see the the difference.
Allow you to drift easier. Depending on the Silicone Oil CST you have in there. I would open it up and makes sure it is fully topped off. I bet it is low. Like they all are from the factory. The spool is necessary for speed running well over 100mph. Best for straight line driving and dragging.
I run 200k cst in my Infr. center diff. FWIW. Stock diff oil is 100k.

Do I fill the diff all the way up to the Allen plug?
Are you filling the diff via the grub screw hole in the side of the cup? 🤔
I’m confused..

Yes, there's an plug with Allen head on diff housing
That grub screw is for removing the cross pin that's under the sun gear. It has nothing to do with fluid levels, bleeding off air, or anything else. You don't really need it, strictly speaking, as you can evacuate the pin out the top (I've never had any issues doing so anyways) but that's what it's for.

Yes, there's an plug with Allen head on diff housing
That’s a painful way to do it.. 😳
Most usually remove the ring gear and fill to just above the cross pins.

Don’t have any 6s diff pics but here’s an 8s diff for reference.
7FF44148-E78D-4B74-A0D6-E130B4A92F09.jpeg

Are you filling the diff via the grub screw hole in the side of the cup? 🤔
I’m confused..
Yes, there's an plug with Allen head on diff hous
That’s a painful way to do it.. 😳
Most usually remove the ring gear and fill to just above the cross pins.

Don’t have any 6s diff pics but here’s an 8s diff for reference.
View attachment 265917
That makes a lot more sense, now I understand what you mean, I thought the plug was like when you fill an actual truck diff that's what I thought the plug was for lol

Yes, there's an plug with Allen head on diff hous

That makes a lot more sense, now I understand what you mean, I thought the plug was like when you fill an actual truck diff that's what I thought the plug was for lol
Yeah no, that would take you 17 hours or more trying to fill the diff with 200k or thicker fluid, lol. Open it up and you'll be in good shape. Depending on how thick the fluid is that you're using, let it stand for 15mins to an hour for air bubbles to work their way out. If you have the means, pull a vacuum on it and you can speed the process up a good deal. Warming the fluid up is also really helpful as it reduces the viscosity of the silicone.

That grub screw is for removing the cross pin that's under the sun gear. It has nothing to do with fluid levels, bleeding off air, or anything else. You don't really need it, strictly speaking, as you can evacuate the pin out the top (I've never had any issues doing so anyways) but that's what it's for.
I never knew what that grub screw was for!! Learning something new every day!😆

I never knew what that grub screw was for!! Learning something new every day!😆
To be fair, I wouldn't have come up with that on my own as I've never had trouble just removing the cross pins out the top the same way I pull out the sun gear. There's enough room in the diff case to just pull it up after removing it from the outdrive (at least on the Infraction diffs, dunno if others are tighter - I do need to pull the grub on my Hobao diffs to pull the cross pin). I saw it on some diff maintenance video at some point. I thought it might have been for bleeding off air bubbles but that didn't really make sense to me as 200k+ fluids take long enough to bleed off bubbles as it is...to say nothing of them making their way out that tiny little hole, lol.

I don't know how you'd get that pin out thru that hole anyway, case is empty, right? Just pull off the sun gear then slide the pin over & pull it out w/ needle nose pliers correct? Maybe I'm missing something. The aluminum cases don't have that grub screw in them do they?

I don't know how you'd get that pin out thru that hole anyway, case is empty, right? Just pull off the sun gear then slide the pin over & pull it out w/ needle nose pliers correct? Maybe I'm missing something. The aluminum cases don't have that grub screw in them do they?
You just line up the cross pin with the hole and slide it out sideways. It works just fine. But I've always been pulling the diffs apart the same way you describe. The alyouminimum cases don't have the grub as far as I can tell.

So when it comes to epic fails I have officially taken 1st place, I asked everyone for opinions on infraction diff in my limitless that I purchased online. I ordered it and then asked for advise on filling it with oil. What I failed to do in this whole ordeal is check to see what was in my limitless. Well it already has an infraction diff in it so I have a 50 dollar paperweight with gear oil in it now 😂🤣😂

So when it comes to epic fails I have officially taken 1st place, I asked everyone for opinions on infraction diff in my limitless that I purchased online. I ordered it and then asked for advise on filling it with oil. What I failed to do in this whole ordeal is check to see what was in my limitless. Well it already has an infraction diff in it so I have a 50 dollar paperweight with gear oil in it now 😂🤣😂
Shouldn't have any problems selling it, or keep it & put a different size spur gear on it for some quick change gearing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back