Infraction eats tires!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FnFancy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Just thought I'd drop this here, cheap duratrax speed treads. One run

Attachments

• 20200508_195026.jpg
    20200508_195026.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 227
I will say this, hoons after one pack, same exact run location. Still have at least one run left!

Attachments

• 15892400887138918484484545549314.jpg
    15892400887138918484484545549314.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 137
Most guys either run Hoons or GRPs, I cannot remember which GRPs though.

Tires so far, not included are the blown out ones. The single is a set of speed treads robber. Haven't tried these on the infraction yet.

Attachments

• 15892405403891141243538127668936.jpg
    15892405403891141243538127668936.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 102
Tires so far, not included are the blown out ones. The single is a set of speed treads robber. Haven't tried these on the infraction yet.
Only thing that scares me about picking up a Mojave next is tearing up tires and I know I'll want to constantly smoke em.

Yeah onroad cars eat tires.
So does any car when you do donuts and go sideways through the whole pack on pavement. Pays to buy cheap slow boat tires if thats how you like to bash. Why waste money on belted tires or foams to just smoke them for 20 min. There is no magic tire out there that wont blow up when you do hole shots and 360's all day long.:LOL:

So does any car when you do donuts and go sideways through the whole pack on pavement. Pays to buy cheap slow boat tires if thats how you like to bash. Why waste money on belted tires or foams to just smoke them for 20 min. There is no magic tire out there that wont blow up when you do hole shots and 360's all day long.:LOL:
Yeah, but it's way easier to burn through tires with an onroad car because for the most part they can only drive onroad. I have a choice with my others cars :cool:
I had a Team Associated Apex and I burned through tires all the time on that thing.
20170607_235247_zpsgel0czgs.JPG

I was thinking about trying the hoons in a different compound. Thoughts? Worth it?

I was thinking about trying the hoons in a different compound. Thoughts? Worth it?
I dunno, I've been running the Silver/Hard and I can't imagine them wearing even FASTER. I got the limitless cause I thought it would be "on rails" - that is not the case - hence eating tires.

I have to agree with @SrC on the Infraction I can get some runs out the tires but I drive it in a different way. However to each to his/her own to enjoy the RC....but I don't do 360s, burnouts, etc...Yes I run it and drift it...but hey I'm still a newbie so what do I know :)

Grab some S1 GRPs and they will last longer. Not forever, but probably 4x longer than white Hoons.

cant keep tires on the INFRACTION eats them up like cookie monster eats cookies..picked up some GRP's S5 today haven't ran them yet but i do prefer GRP's, i have tried s7 but don't really like slicks, s2 lasted about 4 good runs. Cant wait to try these s5 out

There are so many variables with running surface temps and surface types. 10 degree higher temps from the day before will eat a set of tires fast. Wheel alignment is the most critical thing with making a set of tires last a bit longer. Frequent tire Rotation helps also. My Lim has the punch all the way down. I avoid wheel spin and my White Hoons look like new and have clocked approx. 12 runs on them. My GPS has logged over 22 miles on them. All my Tire dots are visible. I don't drift them obviously. Hoons Silvers are the best Hoons for high temps. Hard to find. GRP's seem to be the best for most guys. I am partial to S5's. I have been running on very smooth cement surfaces. (high Bite surface) Temps by me are in the high 70's F. Right now. If you are into drifting, I don't believe there is a tire that will last long doing hole shots and drifting. Scale cars the same. I prefer warmed up slicks for the most part. Treaded tires are more forgiving when not warmed up for better traction initially. Treaded tires, dotted or cut treads can usually run on less groomed low bite surfaces but seem to last less from my experience. I rather start with a slick or just foams.

Attachments

• 20200615_104523.jpg
    20200615_104523.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200615_104454.jpg
    20200615_104454.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I switched to silver hoons on Infraction and retired the whites to the Typhon to get more "mileage" out of them. When the silvers i have now go out on the Infraction I'll do the same. The Silvers i have now are about at the end of their use on the Infraction and i think i have 7packs on them which is approximately 210 minutes run time. I've been mostly running on asphalt and some on concrete...probably 70/30 ratio. I notice much more wear on them after running on concrete. I don't do burnouts but do alot of drifting. See sample below ?

I have a set of Golds that I have never ran. Wondering if they would make it thru a whole pack? Might put them on my K4S for a street bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back