Infraction Infraction esc problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedmaster

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Thank you for de add!
So the other day I was running my infraction 6s v2. After about 2mins of running time with stock gearing and spektrum smart 3s lipos. The throttle stopped working, and esc started to show a very slow green blinking light. I tried do disconect the batteries and conect them back up, but nothing seems to work. I´ve got steering and e break, but no throttle. Tried different batteries and nothing seems to work. Motor is fine and both servos. Any idea on how I can fix it?

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-14 at 10.25.25 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-14 at 10.12.28 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-14 at 10.12.52 AM.jpeg

Try disconnecting the servo, then see if you have any throttle. If you do, the servo is to blame.
Next try an ESC reset. The Flashing Red trouble code Flashing sequence you have is documented in the manual. Read it. Hopefully it is not a permanent Hard ESC Failure.
You are not alone. This happens with Firma ESC's.
Call HH for a replacement ESC with your reciept in hand. HH 2 year warranty may apply for you.
Let us know how it goes. Nice rig there!
Good luck.:cool:

Give this a try.

Strange that That happens so randomly...
I haven't had this happen to me (yet).

I'm going to pin this for my future reference.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.
lol...I'm glad I found it again. I first saw this video a year ago and there have been several ESC problem threads where I thought it might be useful but, for the life of me, couldn't find the video. I just re-found it again on a Google search an hour ago.

I figured this might come in handy to someone as it's a rather unorthodox method of fixing an ESC. Happy it's now catalogued here. I'd love to know how he came up with this.

Thanks for sharing.
It's about QC and the luck of the draw.
There are just bad RTR ESC's out there in the wild. Spektrum just has a pattern of bad runs IMHO. HW rebranded for the most part.
Funny how my Retail HW ESC's (all 6 of them) have been flawless. :unsure: And I even have some old RTR ESC's that are fine. No hiccups.
To some small degree, even user error has to be the blame in the big picture here.

It's about QC and the luck of the draw.
There are just bad RTR ESC's out there in the wild. Spektrum just has a pattern of bad runs IMHO. HW rebranded for the most part.
Funny how my Retail HW ESC's (all 6 of them) have been flawless. :unsure: And I even have some old RTR ESC's that are fine. No hiccups.
To some small degree, even user error has to be the blame in the big picture here.
I believe that spektrum has probably asked for a cheaper product, so hobbywing use less quality components. Spektrum then mentions hobbywing as manufacturers, but fails to say it is made to Spektrums, less strict quality control etc. no doubt other firms do the same.

Yeah HW makes ESC's to Spektrums specs and Pricepoint. These are far from Upgrade Quality HW ESC's.
Just All Showy Firma Smart Fluffy packaging for their HH RTR rigs. That's it. And I am sure HH is one of HW best OE customers. So HW is crapping them out quick and cheaply.

Edit.
HW is laughing all the way to the bank.:LOL:

Last edited:
lol...I'm glad I found it again. I first saw this video a year ago and there have been several ESC problem threads where I thought it might be useful but, for the life of me, couldn't find the video. I just re-found it again on a Google search an hour ago.

I figured this might come in handy to someone as it's a rather unorthodox method of fixing an ESC. Happy it's now catalogued here. I'd love to know how he came up with this.

NO kidding..!
It's a very unusual method to even come up with.. Let alone actually resolves the problem.

HE must have gotten VERY lucky - being MAD at the problem and pressing & jerking on the ESC + motor to stumble upon his solution....

( I'm going to guess it doesn't have to be the yellow cable. It just needed to be one of them during his method.. )

^^^
This goes back like 5+ years ago with the BLX 185 ESC's.
I think some YT RC'er did a video. It was trial and error that he tried it with several bad ESC's, ,and the results were repeatable.
I think it has to do with the firmware locking up. All confused. Stuck in a mode. Simply Resetting would not work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back