Infraction Infraction ESC Upgrade!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clancman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys just wanted let you know I upgraded my ESC to a Hobbywing MAX6 and this thing is an unreal beast. I did it out of necessity because my stock one fried out on me(of course! It’s my 2nd torched stock ESC on my 6S rigs). The other one was from one of my Kraton’s. Anyway just wanted to share that this is my first run with a Hobbywing ESC as I’ve replaced my Kraton’s both with Castle MMX’s and I gotta tell ya this thing is impressive. I run the piss out of rigs on 6S SMC 7400mah 90C’s and usually push my rigs to the limit and have never had a Castle ESC fail me so I’m hoping the same is true with this MAX6. Got almost 7 packs out of the stock ESC before it crapped out. Running the 27T on an 90 degree day and she finally gave up. Temps were high 180’s low 190’s which I knew wasn’t good. I’ve ran 4 complete packs through the MAX6 at anywhere from 85 to 90 degrees out as hard as I normally run and I’m gettin max temps only in the upper 140’s which blows me away. Not coming close to thermal shut off. Just stoked about this ESC and wanted to share in case anyone else was having issues. I swapped in one of my MMX’s while waiting for my Max6 and was gettin high 170’s and low 180’s so it was pushing the hell out of the MMX. Ran about 5-6 packs through the MMX. If your thinking about an upgrade or are having issues give this beast a look. You’ll be real happy you did. Mine was $169. Also I adjusted my ride height up in the front end a smidge(about 5 and a half turns a side from stock height) and it’s perfect! Nowhere near as much scraping and rubbing. Try it if you haven’t. Check out my new friend and size difference over the MMX. Happy ripping gents.

A89831FF-9E27-4346-8938-3DEEF50D454C.jpeg
FFA8B55A-7348-43FF-BCCA-C820DF7BCD27.jpeg

I run Max6's in my Kraton and Notorious. One died on me and I was able to get a warranty replacement through my LHS. Both eat fans like fat kids eat candy. Since the Infraction won't see the same kind of jarring impacts, the fan should be ok.

Hey guys just wanted let you know I upgraded my ESC to a Hobbywing MAX6 and this thing is an unreal beast. I did it out of necessity because my stock one fried out on me(of course! It’s my 2nd torched stock ESC on my 6S rigs). The other one was from one of my Kraton’s. Anyway just wanted to share that this is my first run with a Hobbywing ESC as I’ve replaced my Kraton’s both with Castle MMX’s and I gotta tell ya this thing is impressive. I run the piss out of rigs on 6S SMC 7400mah 90C’s and usually push my rigs to the limit and have never had a Castle ESC fail me so I’m hoping the same is true with this MAX6. Got almost 7 packs out of the stock ESC before it crapped out. Running the 27T on an 90 degree day and she finally gave up. Temps were high 180’s low 190’s which I knew wasn’t good. I’ve ran 4 complete packs through the MAX6 at anywhere from 85 to 90 degrees out as hard as I normally run and I’m gettin max temps only in the upper 140’s which blows me away. Not coming close to thermal shut off. Just stoked about this ESC and wanted to share in case anyone else was having issues. I swapped in one of my MMX’s while waiting for my Max6 and was gettin high 170’s and low 180’s so it was pushing the hell out of the MMX. Ran about 5-6 packs through the MMX. If your thinking about an upgrade or are having issues give this beast a look. You’ll be real happy you did. Mine was $169. Also I adjusted my ride height up in the front end a smidge(about 5 and a half turns a side from stock height) and it’s perfect! Nowhere near as much scraping and rubbing. Try it if you haven’t. Check out my new friend and size difference over the MMX. Happy ripping gents.

View attachment 45800View attachment 45801

I’m trying to figure out how your tires are bald but the truck looks out of the box new ?

Does it drop straight in no problems, no modifications? It's my motor that get warmer than i am happy with.

I’m trying to figure out how your tires are bald but the truck looks out of the box new ?
Air compressor does wonders blowing out all the rubber and road ash.
Does it drop straight in no problems, no modifications? It's my motor that get warmer than i am happy with.
Yes it will drop straight in with no mods. It takes up just about the whole tray but it fits perfect. I am getting lower motor temps also after the install. The highest for the motor has been 158 and 171 for the ESC after 2 back to back 7400mah 90C 6S packs and about 55 mins runtime with only break being to pull body and plug into the other pack that was already in the tray. Maybe 60 seconds. Wide open throttle most of the time. It was in the evening so it was kinda cool out, prolly upper 60s. This is a pretty big ESC that is designed for 1/6 and 1/5 scale rigs. I can handle a lot.

Last edited:
Is it possible to install the max6 with the stock motor on the infraction? If so how ? Are the cables conpatible ?
Yes. Put it in and screw it down. No you need to swap out the bullet connectors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back