Infraction Infraction, Felony, and Limitless handling unlocked(?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquid SSSnake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
After a bunch of suspension adjustments and mods on the Infraction (Mugen, TLRT, etc....) to carve the parking it handled great, but something still didn't feel right all things considering. The front was perfect, but the rear would step out at random times.

I was out of ideas, but I had a hunch and removed the diffuser. Rear grip was much better, especially with a full lock U-turn, but the weight and downforce was probably off.

So I cut it into three pieces

Handling was transformed! Even with silver Hoons and AVC turned all the way down it does what I want it to do at 40+ mph. Sure, the Infraction is still no race buggy, but I find it way more nimble and agile than before. Looks like a real race truck

I found that the rear diffuser hinders the droop and throws the rear end out at times considering how much the diffuser wants to comply at that moment. Now it can flex easily with the control arms, on a stand the two smaller pieces come down a few millimeters, probably more under cornering load. I'm actually afraid it wont drift now, I can hear the tires bite into the asphalt as it corners. I already have a spare diffuser coming from Jenny's to keep whole for drifting and speed runs.

IDK if anyone else wants to try it, I've put three pack in it since the mod.

0709222304_HDR.jpg

0709222322.jpg

After a bunch of suspension adjustments and mods on the Infraction (Mugen, TLRT, etc....) to carve the parking it handled great, but something still didn't feel right all things considering. The front was perfect, but the rear would step out at random times.

I was out of ideas, but I had a hunch and removed the diffuser. Rear grip was much better, especially with a full lock U-turn, but the weight and downforce was probably off.

So I cut it into three pieces

Handling was transformed! Even with silver Hoons and AVC turned all the way down it does what I want it to do at 40+ mph. Sure, the Infraction is still no race buggy, but I find it way more nimble and agile than before. Looks like a real race truck

I found that the rear diffuser hinders the droop and throws the rear end out at times considering how much the diffuser wants to comply at that moment. Now it can flex easily with the control arms, on a stand the two smaller pieces come down a few millimeters, probably more under cornering load. I'm actually afraid it wont drift now, I can hear the tires bite into the asphalt as it corners. I already have a spare diffuser coming from Jenny's to keep whole for drifting and speed runs.

IDK if anyone else wants to try it, I've put three pack in it since the mod.

View attachment 228846

View attachment 228847

So you're saying the Stock Diffuser limits the rear suspension travel?
And, with your modification, it's giving the rear wheels a bit more travel and allowing them to make better contact with the ground during speed maneuvers..

Last edited:
So you're saying the Stock Diffuser limits the rear suspension travel?
And, with your modification, it's giving the rear wheels a bit more travel and allowing them to make better contact with the ground during speed maneuvers..

Pretty much...

I have Mugen camber links, TLR shock internals, pill blocks, and other little changes. It would spin out, but predicably at almost full lock.

I would set droop and sometimes wonder if the diffuser was in the way....

Worth a try, I have two diffusors. The TLR shock internals aren't from the TLR Typhon, right?

Pretty much...

I have Mugen camber links, TLR shock internals, pill blocks, and other little changes. It would spin out, but predicably at almost full lock.

I would set droop and sometimes wonder if the diffuser was in the way....

Worth a try, I have two diffusors. The TLR shock internals aren't from the TLR Typhon, right?
Yeah, from the TLR Typhon

Seal guides (x2) ARA330729
X-rings (x1) ARA711003
Pistons (x2) ARA330728

I run the pistons with the taper down with aluminum caps and collars, makes for excellent shocks.

For what it is worth the guys like James McCoy have been going 170-200 mph with the Hobao VTE2 without a diffuser. I believe it is safe to say they are not necessary for much of anything at this point. They are more for looks it seems. For models like the limitless they help support the wing.

I would say you need to accurately weigh your rig there. Using a Crossweight digital scale. Otherwise you will be guessing and removing stuff to find what and where the balance is off. Usually it is a balance issue. You could always place 1/4 oz weights strategically on the chassis and test drive it.
But if you use a scale to achieve 50/50 Cross weight and at least 45/55 F-R Weight Bias, the rig will drive much better and planted.
A Cross Weight scale is the best way to setup any On Road/speed runner chassis. It is precise and saves much time. Drives much better.
Also, don't overlook your Droop Settings. Chassis should be slightly Raked. And Shock pairs on each axel must have equal Shock droop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back