Infraction Infraction handbrake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can remove the whole thing. The disc for the brake sits on the out drive cup of the center diff so the driveshaft isn’t part of the handbrake.

if you don’t care about the dead weight, just pull the servo wire out of the receiver

If you don't plan to speed run it then for sure ditch it.. but if you speed run keep it and set it up so it lightly applies brake.. always nice to have it instead of using the esc brake.. also doubles as an emergency brake if the esc fails to brake..😉

If you don't plan to speed run it then for sure ditch it.. but if you speed run keep it and set it up so it lightly applies brake.. always nice to have it instead of using the esc brake.. also doubles as an emergency brake if the esc fails to brake..😉
I like that idea

That's why I have one in my limitless. It also reduces the braking distance significantly, which will give more road to make speed within radio range.

That's why I have one in my limitless. It also reduces the braking distance significantly, which will give more road to make speed within radio range.

@jondilly1974 has been running his hand brake this way for some time now and it has worked great for him as well..👍.. I've actually never put the idea to use as my felony does not have a module at the moment..👍

@jondilly1974 has been running his hand brake this way for some time now and it has worked great for him as well..👍.. I've actually never put the idea to use as my felony does not have a module at the moment..👍
I put an order in for the handbrake conversion when it was announced. Don’t know what happened to it 😂

I just got my Limitless and plan on buying one. I already have the Infraction spool so the disk will mount up. I want it to release when I power up, and activate when I lose power or failsafe (I have a 10V cap on the RX so it should be able to do this).

I just got my Limitless and plan on buying one. I already have the Infraction spool so the disk will mount up. I want it to release when I power up, and activate when I lose power or failsafe (I have a 10V cap on the RX so it should be able to do this).
You would need a programmable radio where you can mix channels. You would have to mix throttle with your brake.

Is there a carbon fiber brake disc around? The steel one is heavy. The RCAWD disc "looks" like it's aluminum, save some rotating mass.

Is there a carbon fiber brake disc around? The steel one is heavy. The RCAWD disc "looks" like it's aluminum, save some rotating mass.
I don’t think a few grams is going to make much of a difference here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back