Infraction/Limitless - What upgrades are worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Whether the upgrade/stock part is more durable, stronger or lighter, what parts do you think are best?

Just some thoughts running through my head as I'm looking for repair parts, should I try and get lighter or stronger metal or carbon or titanium shock towers, for example? I've only ever rolled mine once so far owning it. So would it be better to lighten it up with Carbon shock towers instead of the stock. Would that put to much stress on the bulkhead housing and now have to replace that more often? Other parts break more now.

Another example, would finding thicker drive shafts and dogbones or cvd axles help with less vibration which would help with transferring more power or the power more efficiently to the tires? Or would a lighter setup be better?

Maybe the stock steering blocks would better to use over the metal HR Racing ones for the lighter weight? The Metal HR Steering Blocks weight could be better to keep the front of the car better planted? Would this be for specific setups, Stock weight for speed runs and HR heavier weight better for bashing, racing cornering and this type of driving?

Just trying to get some fun ideas on the really good, proven or tested upgrades to areas that could strengthen and lighten these same chassis rides. Could a right part setup save off 2lbs and net an extra 15mph, for the money (I'm not trying to spend type) probably. Shave 1/2 - 1lbs and gain 5-7/8mph for a nominal cost, heck yea! Don't be shy posting any aftermarket parts for us all to check out, maybe try. Ebay sellers that are more specific, lesser known online RC Shops that tend to carry more specialty made parts, they all could be helpful at some point!

Can't wait to hear some input!! :unsure: (y)

Whether the upgrade/stock part is more durable, stronger or lighter, what parts do you think are best?

Just some thoughts running through my head as I'm looking for repair parts, should I try and get lighter or stronger metal or carbon or titanium shock towers, for example? I've only ever rolled mine once so far owning it. So would it be better to lighten it up with Carbon shock towers instead of the stock. Would that put to much stress on the bulkhead housing and now have to replace that more often? Other parts break more now.

Another example, would finding thicker drive shafts and dogbones or cvd axles help with less vibration which would help with transferring more power or the power more efficiently to the tires? Or would a lighter setup be better?

Maybe the stock steering blocks would better to use over the metal HR Racing ones for the lighter weight? The Metal HR Steering Blocks weight could be better to keep the front of the car better planted? Would this be for specific setups, Stock weight for speed runs and HR heavier weight better for bashing, racing cornering and this type of driving?

Just trying to get some fun ideas on the really good, proven or tested upgrades to areas that could strengthen and lighten these same chassis rides. Could a right part setup save off 2lbs and net an extra 15mph, for the money (I'm not trying to spend type) probably. Shave 1/2 - 1lbs and gain 5-7/8mph for a nominal cost, heck yea! Don't be shy posting any aftermarket parts for us all to check out, maybe try. Ebay sellers that are more specific, lesser known online RC Shops that tend to carry more specialty made parts, they all could be helpful at some point!

You've seen mine in many pics with all that bolt on crap right? I have almost everything buy-able CF. Probably only saved a few grams in the towers. The front splitter and rear spoiler CF most likely added all the weight back as the plastic is lighter, plus all the bolt on aluminum I added. Not to mention that tank of a motor. There is no room to save even 1 pound on that car. Bone stock it's probably the lightest it will ever be with a reversed mount and removing one side of the battery tray.

I have barrel rolled mine at 60-70mph and also hit a concrete kerb in the process ?, I expected loads of parts to be broken but to my amazement nothing broke..!!

I believe any shock towers would survive a big crash because the body protects most of the truck (Infraction)

The mods on mine are in my build thread..? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bashingbrians-infraction-build-sort-of.14088/
I think one of the best mods you can do though are the titanium center drive shafts..!!
They stop the vibration that the stock shafts are prone too and are lighter than stock.
I think your mods all depend on what you do with your truck.
If your a speed run guy, I can see light weight mods being the best like carbon shock towers, splitters etc
But if your a general basher I believe the stock platform is just great as it is, just go get yourself a bigger esc/motor combo and have fun..!!

I’m not sure if shaving weight will be a huge benefit. You can always install more motor. In fact, there’s such thing as too much power. Just ask @gotnitro ???

Worst case is you make it 30lbs with hop ups and need a 12S system ??

Honestly, it all depends on what your goals are. Speed runner? Extreme street basher?

I would think the CF parts are more of a flex than weight savings. They also stiffen up everything. I would probably spend my money on drivetrain parts like driveshafts and dope af mounts from @PPS-RC. ✌?

I recently purchased a set of center titanium 8mm driveshafts from TRC Performance. Along with HR front and rear braces, HR rear trans support and steering rod assembly, a Savox 2270sg servo, Hobbywing Max6/1650kv combo and GRP S7 belted tires. Haven’t ran it just yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back