Infraction Infraction mega build—questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xglide06

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I jumped on the scratch and dent and bought a mega infraction. Very new to the hobby. Bought a big rock a few months ago and enjoying that. Not looking for super speed runs but something to drift around a parking lot and maybe a top end of 50-60 mph. I really want to stay with the spectrum platform mainly because Jenny’s RC is so reasonable $$ wise. Should I just stay with the vendetta setup and gear up or does anyone have some fairly budget friendly recommendations. Appreciate any input. Thx!

If I were sticking with a lot basher I would go with a max10 sct from hobby wing, I was going that route(lot bashing) at first n had a blx100/3200 never ran it but I’m sure it would have been fine. If anything shoot for a 130a off Jenny’s n find s lower lv motor to keep things cool while hooning🤘

I’m sure you’ll get some other advice

If it were me.. get the Vendetta motor/ESC and get a 50T spur for $3.. and let it rip.

I did the same scratch and dent sale and since I have several stock 3S motor/esc setups I threw one in with an 18t pinion. I know some get the Ventura 50t spur but I’m just using the stock 57t and it’s plenty fast for me, being my first road car. You should get a 3s motor mount. it'll work with the stock plastic one, I think, but the metal one is better.

Make sure to get the grease out of the rear differential. I put 5K oil in mine and it seems good. I topped off the front differential with 10K. Watch videos on the differential. When you’re filling it be very careful not to get oil in the pin or screw holes. Don’t forget to set your endpoints as well. Razorrc has some good videos on the 3s line.

I did the same scratch and dent sale and since I have several stock 3S motor/esc setups I threw one in with an 18t pinion. I know some get the Ventura 50t spur but I’m just using the stock 57t and it’s plenty fast for me, being my first road car. You should get a 3s motor mount. it'll work with the stock plastic one, I think, but the metal one is better.

Make sure to get the grease out of the rear differential. I put 5K oil in mine and it seems good. I topped off the front differential with 10K. Watch videos on the differential. When you’re filling it be very careful not to get oil in the pin or screw holes. Don’t forget to set your endpoints as well. Razorrc has some good videos on the 3s line.
So I too am looking into a drift build of the Infraction Mega. I have the stock esc out of my Vorteks, so I’m assuming that all I need it a motor similar to the Vorteks as well. Or is there something with a lower Kv that I should get. Pinion down for drift or just drift tires?

Thanks

So I too am looking into a drift build of the Infraction Mega. I have the stock esc out of my Vorteks, so I’m assuming that all I need it a motor similar to the Vorteks as well. Or is there something with a lower Kv that I should get. Pinion down for drift or just drift tires?

Thanks
Higher kv is better. I have tried a 3660, 3200 KV. A 3670, 3050kv and 18-24t pinions with the stock 57t slipper set tight. I started off with a new Vorteks ESC that I got from warranty and switched to a 130 amp ESC. Regardless of any of the above combinations, we still could not break 60mph.

So I just got a 3660, 3800kv motor, 26t pinion and 38t spool. I will see what that can do a bit later today after I throw it all together. I’m staying on 3s right now and starting to get a bit frustrated. I could put a 4s battery in at this point and know it would fly… but we’re determined to see what it can do on 3S first. The wife and I want to break 80 or get as close to it as possible. Once we do that, or whatever we achieve with our best effort, then I will dial it back down to a parking lot drift basher and enjoy.

We got several sets of 1/10 hoons white and silver. They are on sale near half off right now so we stocked up. The silvers drift fantastically. I also put the Dx3 remote and receiver from my vorteks with the Giro on while I’m getting used to driving a road car. It helps a lot with spinning out constantly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back