Infraction Infraction Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcStyLe99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Newb here and just ordered an infraction mega. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the motor to brushless but baby steps.

I was looking for recommendations in the meantime for some smaller upgrades, such as;
  1. Wheels and tires
  2. better battery that the current stock setup can handle
  3. possibly better receiver
Thanks for helping this newb out :)

Can’t help with wheels and tires but as far as a battery, pick a 2S LiPo with the appropriate connector (EC3) and you’ll be good. Read up on proper LiPo voltages and charging. Why do you want a new receiver? What makes a new one “better” in your eyes?

Can’t help with wheels and tires but as far as a battery, pick a 2S LiPo with the appropriate connector (EC3) and you’ll be good. Read up on proper LiPo voltages and charging. Why do you want a new receiver? What makes a new one “better” in your eyes?
Not sure honestly, range

That’s going to be a whole new radio system rather than just the receiver. The Radiolink RC6GS often gets pushed as a cheap solution with good range or else Futaba is also good. But you should see if range is an issue before you spend money on a new radio.

The Mega uses a 2-n-1 ESC/Receiver. You'll need a new ESC to run a new Transmitter/Receiver.

The Mega uses a 2-n-1 ESC/Receiver. You'll need a new ESC to run a new Transmitter/Receiver.
I think your thinking of the voltage. The infraction mega uses the same esc as the rest of the mega 4x4 line up. The esc and reciever are separate.

Before upgrading tires, radio, batteries. I think you would get more enjoyment from a cheap brushless upgrade. Even a 3650 with the nimh battery will give it a lot more umph

Newb here and just ordered an infraction mega. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the motor to brushless but baby steps.

I was looking for recommendations in the meantime for some smaller upgrades, such as;
  1. Wheels and tires
Are you Bashing or Speed?..

Just run it until you figure out how you like to drive. Be more concerned about routine maintenance and things that you need to do to make sure it doesn’t break. Such as Loctiting the axles to the driveshaft at each wheel, checking differentials (getting rid of the grease in the rear differential and putting in 10k oil and topping off the front), topping off shocks, checking all screws etc.

The remote and receiver is fine, same thing on all 3S models except the Vorteks. Build up a collection of good tools and spare parts. Start worrying about upgrading it once it feels slow and you know the car. You got a lot of learning and research to do.
Good luck man and enjoy!

Have to agree with the majority. Have fun with it and "learn" how the rig feels before worrying about upgrades. When you go down that upgrade rabbit hole, just know that you keep going. Upgrading the motor means (usually) upgrading ESC which then leads to upgrading batteries then need a new charger. That all leads to going faster, so will need to have better control which means better/newer wheels, shocks, etc.

Happy Bashing!

One more question, to buy an extra battery, which batteries would everyone recommend for the stock setup on the mega?

Thanks

I’d probably run at 2S, 5200 MAH, 80c or 100c (whichever cheaper) hoovoo or zees battery

I have this in mine,and it's a rocket
RTR Infraction 4x4 570 Mega 4's
Arrma 50T spur
CC PIONIONS 32p 26T
RRP 1200 5M/M TO 1/8IN. Reducer Sleeve
ELEVENS 35/085 2.4 dBoots
Limited Edition 1413 3200Kv Copperhead10

20220418_204314.jpg

About to drop a Spektrum Firma 150 and 2050 combo I am taking out of my Fireteam into my Infraction Mega. Doe anyone know if it will fit in the MEGA, or do I need to go get a smaller can on Jenny's or something?

1. Wheels and tires
I just picked one of these up. I bought a 2 pack of zeee premium series 5200 mah 2s 120c lipo for 42.99. They fit perfectly and seem to be a decent choice for the price hard case and idk just looked well made.I am relatively new to the hobby as well so there maybe somthing better but I was happy enough to order a second set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back