Infraction Mild Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s

Starting a build thread as I have some new parts coming in at the end of the week!

I'll start off on the easy side with a cosmetic change/build to the internals as it's always nice to some color and just see something nice when taking the body off!

Both Front and Rear up the chassis were taken completely apart and cleaned with dish soap and dried. after they were thoroughly dried out I primer'd all of the part first with Etching Primer! Once all the primer dried out I was able to get to painting up the internal parts. I do also plan on painting a theme for a new body for my Infraction. This part of it is going a bit slower then I want, as I'm having difficulties finding a couple more things for the theme I'd really like to go with. I do, at the least, have the new Body, Rollbar, and Rear Spoiler already, so no waiting for those when I get those last couple things.

As per the Mild Build, I have some parts shipping in and should be here by the end of the week. Mild Build, as in just mainly replacing the stock electronics like the ESC, Servo and Motor. I have already switched out the Tx/Rx system to a cheapo, generic DumboRC. Though, those really are pretty decent for the price! As those parts come in I will make sure to get some pics of the install progress. Until those parts come in, I shall talk and update ya's at a bit later date!!

Update: Got all the new parts in to install for the build! Going to be able to get them all squared away, hopefully tomorrow and barring no complications. ?‍♂️ ;) I'll definitely update again after everything is installed!

20200124_181134.jpg

Of course!! Always a few set backs! It's all good though! Didn't want to rush anything and half arse the build!

These are just some update pics on the build itself.
I knew I would probably run into a couple issues of fitting the pieces. I was actually able to fit a MM2 ESC in the original place allocated! I'll have to trim up the battery holders a bit on just that side, but still able to balance battery weight!!

Should be able to finish up the battery tray mod tonight and get the servo set and finished. Then just waiting on some Tekno mod1 Pinions gears, should be here today or tomorrow!! I'm really curious how this new motor will perform!! ? ?

Another update on the build.

Run into one thing and find another! Being held up a bit on the battery trays parts. Having to dremel them to fit, as I like doing things like this with the hobby.
Living where I do, the power tool is being to loud so I wasn't able to finish the other side, though I was able to get the one side fitting very nicely.

The Pinion gears came in the mail today as well, so I can get that installed on the motor, threadlocked and set. Now the next time I update this build, it should be finished and ready to be tested this Saturday...

Yay!! Finally finished! Modding up one of the battery trays held me a bit, so I can fit the MM2 esc in the original esc spot. Looks surprisingly good, I think. New 25kg servo installed and lined up. The Ezrun 4274 2200kv motor installed and meshed up, motor fans back on as well.

Big shout out to @Peeeenuuutt with his knowledge and help, finding me the MM2 esc at a great price!! Thank you again!

Absolutely fun build, looking into the next setup already!! ? ?

Last edited:
I have no idea why, but I love the look of a Light Kit on a RC body....

On my Dragslash, I have a '66 Nova body with a Light Kit as well, I tried my best to make the rear end look correct to that time! Taillights above the Parking lights! Parking lights were always lower! ?

New Body and with the theme I think will look even better with some lights as well!

Amazon.com

Looks like they have a few more brands starting to offer these as well. I use the MoHero LED Lights, different sizes you can choose from and different colors. ?
I’d just get regular front and rear lights

Sadly, the original ESC was giving me issues binding with a TQi controller as well as making impossible unlocking it to allow any other Tx/Rx. ?

Sending in the ESC to be tested by Traxxas, it is the XO-1 version, since have purchased a Max5 and Castle MMX 8S installed and pictured right now is the Max5. Max5 and the HW4274 2200kv motor did not want to work together! Whether it be the ESC, the motor or the batteries not keeping up just wouldn't run correctly. Upgraded the motor to a HW4985 1650kv. Probably try and run the 2200kv motor with the Castle EC when I get that soldered up and set for the next rig and build. I'll try to remember to update and at least let yas know if the new combo runs better! ?

Update on the first ESC is Traxxas is actually going to replace it as a courtesy! ? ?

I've added a new beautiful, motor mount obtained from @PPS-RC. https://practicalproto.com/ If your not familiar, not only do these motor mounts look amazing, it works just like the stock, although these motor mounts have an easier, better setup for meshing your pinion and spur gears! Just an outstanding aftermarket product. ? ?

Ok, I'll stop gushing now and show the finished look! ?

Infraction PPSRC Motor Mount Angle.jpg
Infraction PPSRC Motor Mount Side.jpg

Gearing with the same power plant setup from the previous post is using a 27t Pinion and 46t Spur. Playing around, I've so far been able to top out at 71mph on this setup!

Maybe more to come upon getting the original ESC back and testing it out. :D?✌

Again, surprisingly Traxxas replaced the MM2 XO-1 ESC I started this project with for free! o_O

Getting the connectors switched over now to EC5s and should just pop right in the premade mounting holes I drilled in the very beginning. (y)

Castle MM2 XO.jpg

Castle MM2 XO 4.jpg

Completed ESC pics coming up...

The completed ESC with EC5 connectors!

Castle MM2 XO EC5.jpg

Last edited:
Again, surprisingly Traxxas replaced the MM2 XO-1 ESC I started this project with for free! o_O

Getting the connectors switched over now to EC5s and should just pop right in the premade mounting holes I drilled in the very beginning. (y)

View attachment 70873

View attachment 70872

Completed ESC pics coming up...

good to know I’m not the only one using Traxxas parts in their arrmas ?

All is complete!! Back to the original ESC I planned to use, all installed, linked and calibrated! I did create some mount screw holes to hold it better back when I started, so I was able to use those to mount it correctly without worry!!

Castle MM2XO1ESCComplete1.jpg

Castle MM2XO1ESCComplete.jpg

I did order some new dogbones for the center driveshaft, should hopefully be here next week. Once I get those in and installed I shall update!! Thanks for keeping along with always ongoing build so far everyone!! ? ?:love:

While waiting on other parts I decided to finish making my Body and Paint theme build! 'Juggernaut'. Officially named by my buddy I race with a lot, after a few bumps, tumbles or rolls! ? I got the body all taped up, painted and decaled up!

So now Juggernaut has been officially born! ???

Dogbones came in and I got those installed pretty quickly! :D I also figured I would finish everything I could at this time with this rig by installing a Cap Pack on the ESC, feels a bit safer with this model of ESC if I'm making a few speed run pulls for fun. Thanks all for all the help to the members leading up to this point! :D?(y)

InfractionDriveshaftUpgrade.jpg
InfractionDriveshaftUpgrade2.jpg

Front is kind of hard to see. They are the thicker mm shafts as well to eliminate wobbles from them!

The Cap Pack came out pretty clean though as well!

MM2XO1ESCwCapPack.jpg

MM2XO1ESCCapPackclose.jpg

CapPackInstallMountSideClose.jpg
CapPackInstallMount.jpg

I'm pretty happy overall with the mild build, compared to some!! I will make sure to update if I decide to do anything else to Juggernaut

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back