Infraction Infraction parachuting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomos319

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Has anyone here had problems with the infraction parachuting or lifting with high-power setups? I have a TP 4070cm 2200kv and on 8s the moment I lay into it it goes straight up into the air and tumbles. Any fixes? Thought about wrapping string around the body and the chassis but don't think that would really work. Also I'm looking at Mojave and wondering if the side skirts would fit with the velcro.

I can't say for sure without seeing what happened or your exact set up but more than likely I'd say that air has got under the front causing it to go light and then lift.
Seen a few Infractions running at very high speeds still with the stock body shells so I don't think that's what is causing the issue.

You could cut out the back of the truck body if you really do think it's parachuting but I doubt that's the issue, ...more than likely there is something not set up right with your suspension imho.

Do you have a rake angle set up?
E.g: the front is noticeably lower than than the rear.

If so have you put limiters on your shocks to stop the rear end from being able to go lower than the front?

I can't say for sure without seeing what happened or your exact set up but more than likely I'd say that air has got under the front causing it to go light and then lift.
Seen a few Infractions running at very high speeds still with the stock body shells so I don't think that's what is causing the issue.

You could cut out the back of the truck body if you really do think it's parachuting but I doubt that's the issue, ...more than likely there is something not set up right with your suspension imho.

Do you have a rake angle set up?
E.g: the front is noticeably lower than than the rear.

If so have you put limiters on your shocks to stop the rear end from being able to go lower than the front?
The shocks on both f&r are raised a bit to account for bumps on the pavement. No smooth, flat, straight roads here but my street comes close aside from expansion joint bumps. The problem is I lower them and the chassis and splitter are going to take damage. Where can I get side plates? Would converting to a limitless body help?

You need to have a rake angle set up on your car as when you accelerate the rear end will squat down. Below is my Limitless showing the rake angle I have set up.
42 Rake angle.jpg

Also you will need to have shock limiters on the shocks so that the rear cannot ever go lower than the front as otherwise this could lead to air getting under the front causing it to go light /lift and flip.

You can buy plastic shock limiters made by RPM and other brands but I prefer to make my own simply by cutting to length some firm silicone tube which is then slid onto the shock shaft thus limiting the travel.
RPM made limiters: https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/shock-accessories/up-travel-limiter-clips-for-shocks/
My DIY limiters below...
112 Adding shock limiters.JPG

If you add shock limiters to your shocks then you can stop your chassis/splitter from ever being able to touch the ground at all. You set the height it stops at.

Changing to a Limitless body won't help at all imho nor will adding side skirts.
This is the only place I know that does ready made side skirts if you did decide you wanted them for your Infraction: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Side-Ski...=133338562518e946212b515541b2bb82e6b4f227b4f8

@LibertyMKiii @jondilly1974 or any other speed runner guys want to chip in with your thoughts to help this guy out. :)(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back