Infraction pinion and spur combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
So my 8S infraction is a little undergeared with the 27/46 setup, so I’m going to order a center spool with a 34t spur. I’m not looking for all out speed I still like to drift the car so I figured a 29-30t pinion would work well and still be capable of 90 mph.

But I was browsing Arrma pinions and they have their safe-d (d-bore) range of gears with the largest being 25t and i’d much rather use a d-bore pinion. It seems a little small to me though, is anyone running a 25/34 ratio here? And is there anywhere else I can find larger d-bore pinions?

I have a Lim. The stock 34 spool comes with 27T pinion. Nothing smaller than 27T will work using the stock motor mount. 27T is the smallest pinion that will reach the spur. The motor mount bottoms out with the 27T. (And I wish the mesh was a little tighter unfortunately.) Is your motor an 8mm shaft? If so you can use the Arrma spool gears as they are also 8mm bore. Trying to retain the D-bore pinions is not critical as many have noted. There are many pinion upgrade options from other brands. That's your call. Others may chime in with better info.:cool:

I have a Lim. The stock 34 spool comes with 27T pinion. Nothing smaller than 27T will work using the stock motor mount. 27T is the smallest pinion that will reach the spur. The motor mount bottoms out with the 27T. (And I wish the mesh was a little tighter unfortunately.) Is your motor an 8mm shaft? If so you can use the Arrma spool gears as they are also 8mm bore. Trying to retain the D-bore pinions is not critical as many have noted. There are many pinion upgrade options from other brands. That's your call. Others may chime in with better info.:cool:

My motor shaft is 5mm, d-bore isn’t critical but I’ve had a pinion come off one time at 45-50ish and it’s a little scary having no brakes. So if a 27 is tight then I suppose the only option is to go bigger. I don’t have the spool yet so I had no reference for how much I’d have to slide the motor in/out so thank you for that.

Yeah if you are using the stock Arrma motor mount, a 27T Pinion is the smallest size that will fit as the motor mount actually bottoms out with a 34 Spur. I even find that I need a bit more to get the mesh tighter, but it bottoms out too soon and I don't like the mesh loose that way. I went to a 30T and get my mesh just right. I see you want to bash and not focus on speed running. My 30/34 is way too tall for bashing/drifting. I only speed run that setup. May be others will chime in with more info.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back