Infraction Infraction pinion gear changing issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srakkar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Has anyone had issues with getting the stock 18t pinion gear off. I seemed to have stripped the little lock nut and the one screw on top of the sliding motor mount. I even bought a new set of allen keys. All other screws come out no problem. I've been down for a couple of weeks now so I will be taking it into the rc shop

Arrma used very strong TL(thread lock) on that setscrew. It should have been heated up with a torch or soldering iron tip before even attempting to remove the set screw. This happens a lot the first time around. You are not alone. You need quality hex hand drivers to do this task and in general with your rig. I use MIP drivers. They are among the hardest steel precision ground and grab the hex well. You need to heat up that setscrew till it smokes a bit or smells hot. You may even smell the sweet TL as it liquifies and loosens. Then use your Hex driver to remove. You may hear a snap, then it will be loosened. Clean all and use only BLUE Threadlocker and the tiniest drop of it before tightening. Let cure for 24 hours before running your rig. You def. need to put a blue TL on the setscrew all the time IMHO. Others may chime in. Good luck :cool: .

Thanks for the tips. I dropped it off yesterday at the rc shop. This is good as it will make run the other rc's I have. The infraction is way too much fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back