Infraction Infraction questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
Hi Guys,
I love my infraction. I have a V1 I bought used and it’s just awesome. I love driving fast by me. It is just impressive and powerful. A great rush. I also love hooning and the stock system is annoying me because if it starts to go in reverse direction (inadvertently) when I blow a drift, it won’t go forward. So if I am going to upgrade, what should I be doing?

1) run time. What run times should I be seeing? I’m guessing part of the problem is I’m using mediocre batteries. I am down to 6min run times on a pair of 3s ZEE 8000mah. I’m guessing it’s the batteries that suck since it seems like a lot of people are getting far higher run times. I like to blast the car by me for a high speed pass and then hood around a bit and repeat. While I am not gentle, I don’t believe my drive style is THAT hardcore.

17t pinion. 18 was what it came with but it seemed like it overheated too easily. Weather was hot so no big surprise. So I went down to 16t. Back up to 17. Have power hobby fans on motor and stock esc fan.

2) why do folks have TWO infractions? A lot of people seem to have an 8s AND a 6s. What are the reasons?

3) my goal is to have 15 min run times, be able to do a high speed pass and then hoon. repeat. I do not plan to be a speed runner. Should I upgrade to 8s? I am probably nearing my own limits on ability for my drive space.

But I am looking for good speed, good electronic temps, good run times and sensored motor ,since I don’t like not being able to throttle out of going backwards. And while top speed is already pretty good, I’d like a little head space upward

Thanks!

Only 6 min run times????? :unsure:
Either bad or low capacity packs or you are just shredding and hammering the throttle much. Must be eating wheels left and right?
The Lim has a spool. Not as forgiving on the drivetrain as a center Diff would be for just Hooning around. You cannot do speed runs and Hooning. Can't have it both ways. Not sure what you mean by speed running. We all drive differently.
You are trashing your lipos. Need cool down breaks perhaps. A Better fan setup than what you have maybe.:unsure:
What does your Temp gun say for ESC and motor temps?
Time to get one if you don't already.

Last edited:
Zeee quality has gone down, get SMC or Gen Ace, stay away from Amazon brands.
8S is not for hooning IMHO and you would need a capable ESC and motor. Folks disagree on this all day long.

Why 2? One for honing and one for speed or have a spare when they hit the curb. Too much money is another reason 🤑
Runtime is very personal, drive style is a huge factor. 15 min seems high with any setup unless you stop and chat a lot.

Yeah, 6 mins? That's insane, unless it's Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick....."6 minutes......6 minutes.....6 minutes Doug E. Fresh you're on." :p

I get at least 15-20 mins on all my rigs and I use Zee batts mainly. Got a 4s Infraction on 4s Zee that gets me 20 mins+. 🤷‍♂️:unsure:

Yeah, 6 mins? That's insane, unless it's Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick....."6 minutes......6 minutes.....6 minutes Doug E. Fresh you're on." :p

I get at least 15-20 mins on all my rigs and I use Zee batts mainly. Got a 4s Infraction on 4s Zee that gets me 20 mins+. 🤷‍♂️:unsure:
Yeah, same here. I was getting 20-25mins of run time with my stock Infraction V2 with 2x3S G-Ace 5000mAh batteries in series and a little bit more with 2x3S Zeee 6000mAh batteries. I was getting somewhere in the vicinity of 30-40mins with 2x3S G-Ace 15000mAh bricks.

2) why do folks have TWO infractions? A lot of people seem to have an 8s AND a 6s. What are the reasons?

Folks have multiples of the same rigs.. Because each rig is setup for different purposes, different bashing surfaces, or for longest runtime.

The gearing are different for each, motors (likely would be different) and the suspension setup are different.

Very few of us would take our bashing rig and go straight to speed running and vice versa. If you do then expect some sort of compromise.

Best to have your rig(s) tuned for each intended purpose to achieve optimum results.

The throttle while backwards thing is esc dependent. Hobbywing sucks at it and castle esc can instantly go forward and reverse comes out a lot faster too. You don't even need sensored but getting the castle mmx8s 1717 combo will be a quick easy upgrade.

8s and upgrade electrics for dedicated speed runs, 6s and stock elec. for just hooning around. (y)
ESC's do vary with Reverse sensitivity. But it all comes down to driver control, understanding it. Sometimes a poor calibration exacerbates the Reverse sensitivity radio Input. And I always make sure my reverse power in all my ESC' are set to lowest . I rarely need reverse anyway. Who does? Better driver skills don't need it.
Most ESC's depend on Back EMF signals from the motor. If the ESC's Back EMF sig. sees the motor rotation has stopped, only then will it allow Reverse to engage. A failsafe design that protects the drivetrain. Yet that can vary greatly in it's operation from brand to brand.
Sensored ESC's are better and more precise in this way.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back