Infraction radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Anyone have any issues with the spektrum dx2e? Seems solid compared to the stx2. I've replaced the other radios to my granite and typhon. (Ttx300 -granite, dumborc-typhon) not sure if this was another spektrum that needed to be swapped also. It works fine so far and I don't plan on going too far away with it or anything. I usually just street bash.

The DX2E and STX2 are basically the same radio, but with different internals and protocol. Although the plastic mold feels the same, when using the radios there is a bit of a difference due to their different protocols. I don't believe there is as greater urgency to change the DX2E as there is with the STX2, I know there have been some range issues reported with the Infraction. Tony from CCXRC was loosing signal when he attempted to do a speed test of his Infraction and I've seen photos on FB of damaged cars claiming to be because of loss of signal. But being Facebook, we should probably take that with a grain of salt.
Hope that helps. ?

I have 2 vehicles withe the DX2E and in the past 5 years the only problem I had was one of the springs on the wheel broke, but that was an easy fix as I had some old am radios laying around.

The DX2E and STX2 are basically the same radio, but with different internals and protocol. Although the plastic mold feels the same, when using the radios there is a bit of a difference due to their different protocols. I don't believe there is as greater urgency to change the DX2E as there is with the STX2, I know there have been some range issues reported with the Infraction. Tony from CCXRC was loosing signal when he attempted to do a speed test of his Infraction and I've seen photos on FB of damaged cars claiming to be because of loss of signal. But being Facebook, we should probably take that with a grain of salt.
Hope that helps. ?
Thanks man I'll keep using it for a while and see what if I have any issues. Although I don't run it far away so I'm assuming it wilk be fine. And yea alot of claims should be taken with a grain of salt , love your channel btw! Thanks for the help.
I have 2 vehicles withe the DX2E and in the past 5 years the only problem I had was one of the springs on the wheel broke, but that was an easy fix as I had some old am radios laying around.
Any range issues? By any chance was it for an infraction???

Thanks man I'll keep using it for a while and see what if I have any issues. Although I don't run it far away so I'm assuming it wilk be fine. And yea alot of claims should be taken with a grain of salt , love your channel btw! Thanks for the help.

Any range issues? By any chance was it for an infraction???
Nope I even drove it down the road until I could barely even see it. No an Ecx Ruckus and Ecx Torment.
Do note they are both older DX2Es with the rubber grip handle instead of the complete plastic like the new ones and they run DSM receivers instead of DSMR.

Last edited:
Nope I even drove it down the road until I could barely even see it. No an Ecx Ruckus and Ecx Torment.
Do note they are both older DX2Es with the rubber grip handle instead of the complete plastic like the new ones and they run DSM receivers instead of DSMR.
Thata good to hear. I guess I got skeptical of spektrum remotes after the stx2 lol

Thata good to hear. I guess I got skeptical of spektrum remotes after the stx2 lol
This is why Spektrum and/or Horizon need to just ditch the STX series radios, it give users such a bad impression of their radios. I have 4 Spektrum radios and other than the wheel spring breaking on one of the DX2Es, the antenna breaking on my DX2.0(totally my fault) and the button on my DX5C sticking randomly I have not had any major issues with them.

This is why Spektrum and/or Horizon need to just ditch the STX series radios, it give users such a bad impression of their radios. I have 4 Spektrum radios and other than the wheel spring breaking on one of the DX2Es, the antenna breaking on my DX2.0(totally my fault) and the button on my DX5C sticking randomly I have not had any major issues with them.
Ah gotcha, and yea they need to ditch it. Its wastes people's money. Specially since I bought a tactic for granite. I paid 60 bucks for a radio that use to come with it. Its so stupid. I meen a 500+ rc should not come with a cheap radio like that. Atleast the infraction came with something better.

Man, those older dx2e’s were way better made (material wise). It was really weird, because I remember watching jang’s videos on things like the $180 ecx torment and then when he takes out this real quality looking radio out of the box (aka a dx2e with the rubber grip and the super nice case with the orange lettering and everything)

I never had any issues with my dx2e but it just feels so cheap in the hand..
So I bought a DX5C.. the build quality is 100’s of times better, it has a weight in the hand that feels like quality ( either that or it’s got a block of lead in it..?)
Only planned on using it in my Infraction but have since bought two extra receivers for my other rigs...???

At one time I had the DX2E active and had purchased the Bluetooth module and cell phone holder. The app was pretty cool for the telemetry features. I think having a large cell phone screen as your telemetry display beats any other Transmitter display.
I believe it also had functionality for alarms, but never actually used it... I made the move to Futaba for radio range needs.

dx2eCapture.JPG

At one time I had the DX2E active and had purchased the Bluetooth module and cell phone holder. The app was pretty cool for the telemetry features. I think having a large cell phone screen as your telemetry display beats any other Transmitter display.
I believe it also had functionality for alarms, but never actually used it... I made the move to Futaba for radio range needs.

View attachment 63977
Any futaba in particular? And does it have the ABC?

Any futaba in particular? And does it have the ABC?
I went with the 3PV because I'm cheap. I hope one day to get the nicer models that use the FASST protocol for longer range like the 4PX or 7PX. I don't believe Futaba has and Rx with the built in Gyro for surface use. You could always get an external gyro (futaba offers one)
It would not be remote controlled but manually with a set screw adjuster in the car.

I went with the 3PV because I'm cheap. I hope one day to get the nicer models that use the FASST protocol for longer range like the 4PX or 7PX. I don't believe Futaba has and Rx with the built in Gyro for surface use. You could always get an external gyro (futaba offers one)
It would not be remote controlled but manually with a set screw adjuster in the car.
Ah nice. Any issues with it so far? And I the avc or gyro to me isnt really a necessity since I'm not a speed runner but its nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back