Infraction Infraction servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdeon44

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hey whats up guys, I'm the new proud owner of an Arrma Infraction. I'm very impressed with it so far but I think the steering could use a little help. Any suggestions on a new servo? I do have other rc cars, all traxxas, and I upgraded all with Savox except my Xmaxx's. I'm very happy with Savox but I never experimented with any other manufacturers to compare with. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Spend money on the popular brands or just get a 35KG off brand. Have Savox also. I would not say they are the best. I have a mix of AMZ stuff, Futaba and Savox. The cheaper ones are fine for me also. My Current Limitless build is getting a FanModel 35KG servo. Its also on my Kraton 6S. Have yet to kill it. I bash it hard too. I got a few bad Savox's new out the box (1210's)that whine and struggle to center also. Savox gave poor support. Sent to them and they just sent the same back and said SOL. (n)I just use them on my slower Crawlers now.

I think 35kg is strong enough for the Infr. Make sure whatever you get will supply 35kg at 6.0 volts, if using a 6v BEC in the ESC.
As of late I refuse to buy $80. servos that are no better than the cheaper ones which are less than half the price. Servos are disposable to me they end up failing at some point. I just stock up with a few spares that are cheaper.

I think its more important to get a strong servo(more the power/better) that will run @ 6.volts and setup endpoints correctly so you don't stress the servo. If you have an ESC that can support higher volts, that's better. Just match whatever servo you get to the BEC power of the ESC. That's most overlooked. But 35KG torque is a minimum for me. Good luck. Others may chime in with their ideas.:)

I went with a Savox 2270SG for my Infraction, but haven’t ran it just yet to give you feedback. Overall, I’m quite fond of Savox.

Nice Savox.
347 in. oz. of torque is pretty good for the Infr.(y):)

I actually took my Savox Black Label out of my Xmaxx (a waste of money IMO) and I'm gonna install it in the infraction. Might a swell use it somewhere. I really do appreciate the feedback. Thanks guys.

Spend money on the popular brands or just get a 35KG off brand. Have Savox also. I would not say they are the best. I have a mix of AMZ stuff, Futaba and Savox. The cheaper ones are fine for me also. My Current Limitless build is getting a FanModel 35KG servo. Its also on my Kraton 6S. Have yet to kill it. I bash it hard too. I got a few bad Savox's new out the box (1210's)that whine and struggle to center also. Savox gave poor support. Sent to them and they just sent the same back and said SOL. (n)I just use them on my slower Crawlers now.

I think 35kg is strong enough for the Infr. Make sure whatever you get will supply 35kg at 6.0 volts, if using a 6v BEC in the ESC.
As of late I refuse to buy $80. servos that are no better than the cheaper ones which are less than half the price. Servos are disposable to me they end up failing at some point. I just stock up with a few spares that are cheaper.

I think its more important to get a strong servo(more the power/better) that will run @ 6.volts and setup endpoints correctly so you don't stress the servo. If you have an ESC that can support higher volts, that's better. Just match whatever servo you get to the BEC power of the ESC. That's most overlooked. But 35KG torque is a minimum for me. Good luck. Others may chime in with their ideas.:)
do you have a link for that FanModel servo?

do you have a link for that FanModel servo?
I ony see the 20 and 25kg But they include an alloy clamping arm. (doesn't fit correctly on The Arrma 6S rigs though)
https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Model-Wa...eywords=fan+model+servo&qid=1588623154&sr=8-1

I had an issue with the first one 2 years ago. Customer service was extraordinary. Left a fair review on AMZ, and they sent me 2 more revised ones to evaluate. I gave them my results. Emailed them directly back and forth. (China)They were pleased and updated them. And I purchased an additional 4. Not one has died on any of my rigs. They are cheap servos price wise. I expected to replace them more frequently, but they have surprised me. I still have 2 new in box witing for new rigs down the road. By far way better than my 2 Savox 1210's. These are not High End servos. Just bear this in mind. But they serve well. Cheap, fast and strong. Holding up well in my Lim, Kraton also.

I went with a Savox 2270SG for my Infraction, but haven’t ran it just yet to give you feedback. Overall, I’m quite fond of Savox.
[/QUOTE
How do you like your servo in your Infraction- Any feedback would be greatly appreciated?

I think I might just go with the PowerHD one I have in my Notorious and my KRATON that works awesome. I have had zero issues and have bee running them hard for over a year now! I think I might just go with this one in my new v2 ARRMA Infraction! Any thoughts #ARRMAFAMILY?

POWER HD DW-25LV Coreless Motor 347.2 oz / .11 Titanium Gear Digital Servo
1599656631200.png

I actually took my Savox Black Label out of my Xmaxx (a waste of money IMO) and I'm gonna install it in the infraction.

I just ordered the new Promodeler 930 for the XMaxx, so I'll probably put my black label in the Infraction too, maybe not doing the beam mod turned out in my favor. Let me know how it works, so I can decide for sure lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back