Infraction solid tyres solution.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestOz RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
G'day guys.

I don't post here much but I've been working on an idea for a while now and have come up with a solution for my tyre wear on my Infraction V2. When my first set of tyres died after only 3 packs, I thought to my self "This truck is gonna send me down a costly path to divorce".

My first solution was to glue strips of rubber to the plastic rim, but they kept flying off when I used polyurethane. I then tried super glue and that was way better.
But the best solution is my latest one.....SOLID RUBBER TUBES made from real Dunlop rubber and they work awesomely.

Check out my YouTube channel and give me some feedback, would love to hear from you guys and your thoughts.

It's only the first test and I'm gonna do a few more to see the how many packs it's gonna take to wear them down before I need to re-tread them again.
This way, you just continue to use the same rim over and over again.

Check it out.

G'day guys.

I don't post here much but I've been working on an idea for a while now and have come up with a solution for my tyre wear on my Infraction V2. When my first set of tyres died after only 3 packs, I thought to my self "This truck is gonna send me down a costly path to divorce".

My first solution was to glue strips of rubber to the plastic rim, but they kept flying off when I used polyurethane. I then tried super glue and that was way better.
But the best solution is my latest one.....SOLID RUBBER TUBES made from real Dunlop rubber and they work awesomely.

Check out my YouTube channel and give me some feedback, would love to hear from you guys and your thoughts.

It's only the first test and I'm gonna do a few more to see the how many packs it's gonna take to wear them down before I need to re-tread them again.
This way, you just continue to use the same rim over and over again.

Check it out.

Nice! Do you know if they are belted? How much do they weigh?

Nice! Do you know if they are belted? How much do they weigh?
Nope not belted just solid rubber.
Hoons are 100g
My solids are 166g
So they are heavier due to them being solid with no foam but I just drift and lay rubber. I don’t do speed runs as speed runs require sticker rubber, I have GPM S7’s for that.

Any chance that company in Aus could make them belted?
It may be worth a chat with them about. You could make some serious $$$$ selling them if so.

I know individuals who spend around $1k usd yearly on GRP tires.

The GRP tires blow around 130+mph and foams are not great for many reasons. The hobby is dying for a good rubber tire option!

****Edit
On second thought I doubt rubber tires likely will never be a good option for speeds above what GRPs have done.
Assuming this calculator is correct, here is an example of 140mph. The G-force is the real kicker.

1628283004299.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your input and you do make a good point and a great calculator, but there is no provision for weight input.
I suggest you post this reply on my YouTube video as the company is following the progress of this prototype testing.
With the tyres being solid and super glued all the way across the rim and being the same thickness all the way across the width, there’s no real chance of them exploding but that’s just my opinion.
I really made these for drifting as this method of driving the Infraction wears down the tyres the fastest.
Thanks again for your feedback and I’ll definitely discuss this with them.

Thanks for your input and you do make a good point and a great calculator, but there is no provision for weight input.
I suggest you post this reply on my YouTube video as the company is following the progress of this prototype testing.
With the tyres being solid and super glued all the way across the rim and being the same thickness all the way across the width, there’s no real chance of them exploding but that’s just my opinion.
I really made these for drifting as this method of driving the Infraction wears down the tyres the fastest.
Thanks again for your feedback and I’ll definitely discuss this with them.
At some point, the rubber will fall apart in chunks. It’s just a matter of putting enough force on it. Now that might be 100mph, or it might be 200mph. It is something that would need to be tested.

At some point, the rubber will fall apart in chunks. It’s just a matter of putting enough force on it. Now that might be 100mph, or it might be 200mph. It is something that would need to be tested.
I agree but you have to also remember that as the tyre looses diameter your top speeds will also decrease. As they are a solid tyre they will last quite a long time (as speed run tyres) because they do not burn away as fast as a drifter.
Belted tyres are only required when there is a foam insert. When the tyre is the same thickness and is super glued all the way across the rim. Mine have stayed glued to the rim when there was only 3mm left of the original rubber I glued in the beginning.
I have sleeved the new rubber over the old rubber and once the old rubber is revealed (once the sleeve is burnt down) I will just re-sleeve with another rubber tyre.
Also, I bought the Infraction purely for drifting, if I wanted to do huge speed runs, I would have bought a Limitless.
I will have more drift tests in the coming weeks and I’ll have them up on my YouTube channel.
Stay tuned and thanks guys for your interest.

I agree but you have to also remember that as the tyre looses diameter your top speeds will also decrease. As they are a solid tyre they will last quite a long time (as speed run tyres) because they do not burn away as fast as a drifter.
Belted tyres are only required when there is a foam insert. When the tyre is the same thickness and is super glued all the way across the rim. Mine have stayed glued to the rim when there was only 3mm left of the original rubber I glued in the beginning.
I have sleeved the new rubber over the old rubber and once the old rubber is revealed (once the sleeve is burnt down) I will just re-sleeve with another rubber tyre.
Also, I bought the Infraction purely for drifting, if I wanted to do huge speed runs, I would have bought a Limitless.
I will have more drift tests in the coming weeks and I’ll have them up on my YouTube channel.
Stay tuned and thanks guys for your interest.
I appreciate your efforts here even if I’m not a drifter. You have stoked some ideas that I had put away a long time ago. Let us know when you drop updates

What are they originally made for? I'd love to source them in the U.S.

edit: I just watched your 2nd youtube video. I was thinking it was an existing product you repurposed. So they made this custom for your correct? You did not have to cut them for width etc right? What was the cost?

Last edited:
After watching the second video, I've emailed the company to ask them if they also make them for the Felony. As the OP, I've just bought the Felony for drifting :D

What is the cost? Have you asked about making tires for the Kraton 6&8S? That would be freaking cool for a Kraton 8s smoking all 4 tires drifting around a skate park. Just thinking about it, is making me smile just a little!

So I thought I'd give an update on these solid tyres for the Infraction guys.

After a lot of work on this project, the solid tyres are now finally available. They are a molded tyre made from high wear resistant rubber which you superglue onto your expired Hoons rims. Just clean up the edges but leave that small step down bit of rubber on the outside edge, slip on the new tyre, peel back the edges and superglue them down to the rim, or you can cut the tyre on an angle straight down edge to edge (like I explain in my video), lay the rim on a flat workbench and apply superglue to about 2" of the rim and start bonding the tyre to the rim, do another 2" of rim and bond that until the whole rim is done. Place some superglue on the cut surface and bring them together and hold until full bond is achieved.

In my video, I've used a new set of PL Mach 10 rims because they have a perfectly flat surface (once you grind the 2 ribs down) and also they look absolutely awesome on the truck.

Check the tyre edges every few minutes and glue down any part that may be separating off the rim. Once you have put 4 packs of batteries thru them, rotate front to rear, check the edges, re-glue if need be and keep running them like that.

I had the mold made and purchased 15 sets of tyres (2 sets are for me lol). They did cost me quite a bit of cash and I've decided to sell them (per 4 sets) for what I paid, AU$168. That's not cheap, but if you take into consideration the cost to wear ration, it is excellent and well worth the cost. They only wore down 1mm after 4 packs, so I'm pretty happy with that result.

I am working hard with the manufacturers to cut the costs which I hope will happen soon so we can all benefit from the savings. Please check out my YT video on them and would love some feedback.

Appreciate our time guys and I hope you enjoy the video.

So I thought I'd give an update on these solid tyres for the Infraction guys.

After a lot of work on this project, the solid tyres are now finally available. They are a molded tyre made from high wear resistant rubber which you superglue onto your expired Hoons rims. Just clean up the edges but leave that small step down bit of rubber on the outside edge, slip on the new tyre, peel back the edges and superglue them down to the rim, or you can cut the tyre on an angle straight down edge to edge (like I explain in my video), lay the rim on a flat workbench and apply superglue to about 2" of the rim and start bonding the tyre to the rim, do another 2" of rim and bond that until the whole rim is done. Place some superglue on the cut surface and bring them together and hold until full bond is achieved.

In my video, I've used a new set of PL Mach 10 rims because they have a perfectly flat surface (once you grind the 2 ribs down) and also they look absolutely awesome on the truck.

Check the tyre edges every few minutes and glue down any part that may be separating off the rim. Once you have put 4 packs of batteries thru them, rotate front to rear, check the edges, re-glue if need be and keep running them like that.

I had the mold made and purchased 15 sets of tyres (2 sets are for me lol). They did cost me quite a bit of cash and I've decided to sell them (per 4 sets) for what I paid, AU$168. That's not cheap, but if you take into consideration the cost to wear ration, it is excellent and well worth the cost. They only wore down 1mm after 4 packs, so I'm pretty happy with that result.

I am working hard with the manufacturers to cut the costs which I hope will happen soon so we can all benefit from the savings. Please check out my YT video on them and would love some feedback.

Appreciate our time guys and I hope you enjoy the video.

Ordered a set 25 mins after the video came up in my inbox along with a set of PL Mach 10 rims. How much do you reckon the price will drop if they sell well/over time?
Looking forward to giving them a test!

Ordered a set 25 mins after the video came up in my inbox along with a set of PL Mach 10 rims. How much do you reckon the price will drop if they sell well/over time?
Looking forward to giving them a test!
Hey ya Ollie. First of all thanks so much for the awesome support mate. The Mach 10 are a fantastic looking rim and they are so easy to glue these on to.
I’m negotiating with them now so I’m hoping to have an answer by end of month or once I get close to selling the ones I have now. It all depends on how many I buy so it’s a huge gamble.

Hey ya Ollie. First of all thanks so much for the awesome support mate. The Mach 10 are a fantastic looking rim and they are so easy to glue these on to.
I’m negotiating with them now so I’m hoping to have an answer by end of month or once I get close to selling the ones I have now. It all depends on how many I buy so it’s a huge gamble.
ya don't need to be thanking me, i need to be thanking you if they hold up as they do in the videos, if the price comes down aswell its pretty much a godsend!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back