Infraction Infraction Teardown and Issues found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I figured I would list everything I find during the inspection in one thread.

First was leaking center diff. A piece of old gasket was under the full gasket.

20190731_164634.jpg

Next thing I found was a discrepancy between the manual and the truck in placement of the shims on the rear hubs. The manual shows two things shims on the back and one large on the nut side. My truck had all shims on hex side.

20190731_152220.jpg

I'm now on the front diff and it one side has a shim between the bearing and the cup while the other does not. The manual shows no outside shims. Very odd.
20190731_171013.jpg

Very good threath.

Now We know if you want be 100% shure that your Limitless or Infraction is 100% you
must double Check all Diffs and all wheel hubs / Shims.

Why do they have full Metal Bearings?
They must be Hybrid, always rubber cover outside

-

ARRMA / Horizon - Hobby
See and Listen here Carefully now.
Make it Better guys !

Old peace Gasket under New one?
This is Sick almost
GODDAMN ARRMA !!!

No instructions whatsoever on how to remove the rear diffuser. I figured it out but it is odd they give the instructions for the front and not the rear.

@bicketybam ... I have to ask, what made you decide to do a teardown..??

Good to see you create this post, update it when/if you find other issues..??

I will be checking mine now when it arrives..?
I wanted to change the bearings. I don't trust the stock Arrma bearings especially on the wheels. I might have waited on the diffs but then the center was leaking so I figured I had to do that one. Then I figured why not due the other 2. I didn't do the gearbox bearings. I didn't feel like dealing with that loctite. I did strip out a hex but since the hubs/stubs/hexes are from the Typhon I decided to put the Hot Racing aluminum hubs on which I took off my Typhon when I went to the MX28 Badlands.

To access the rear diff, you need to remove the rear body posts which attach just like the other trucks wing mounts.
20190731_184606.jpg

Also, HH called back and they are sending me gaskets and o-rings.

Once you remove the front splitter assembly (6 screws) the front end comes off just like the other 6s trucks: 6 screws on the bottom and then the front brace screw and the two steering post screws. I am replacing the bushings. I have a V3 servo saver but I don't think I'll need to use it for this truck.

20190731_190911.jpg
20190731_190941.jpg

Are you now ready to send it???

Are you now ready to send it???
People are going to be disappointed because there is no way I am sending this truck. The biggest reason I bought the truck was for it's looks....silly, I know. So there is no way I am going to smash the piss out of it. Not happening ???

20190731_201458.jpg
20190731_201508.jpg
20190731_201517.jpg
20190731_201530.jpg

You know I felt the same way with the V4 Kraton. The instructions showed shims that I didn't have on the rear. I had one but I think it showed more than that. Since there was no play I just figured I was either crazy or I somehow lost it, which I highly doubt. Very strange though.

i always thought these shims were added on assembly if something was out of tolerance, and didnt fit right. is that not the case?

Those shims on the rear hubs are to lengthen or shorten the wheel base. They should be installed equally on both sides.

@bicketybam ... I have to ask, what made you decide to do a teardown..??

Good to see you create this post, update it when/if you find other issues..??

I will be checking mine now when it arrives..?
I always do a tear down on my RTR's. It can be anal and all. But I prefer kit building. So I just cant help myself. Bicketybam has a lot of experience with these and I am sure he planned on a tear down. And look what he discovered!
I agree that the V4 servo saver hub is just fine with these 2.9 Hoons. Arrma is still using oilite bushings in that steering bellcrank.(n) A cheap fix though.(y)
I have to wait for my Limtless.I admit it will be more of a cream puff driver for me. Nota basher. I love F1 style cars. I have been shopping the XR8 Plus/HW1900kv combo for it. I have that in My Tekno. Happy with it. And I just might put my el cheapo $33.00 FanModel Amazon servo in it.:LOL:

Last edited:
The truck is pretty easy to work on. The front splitter and rear diffuser come off pretty easily. The one thing to watch for on those are the captured locknuts like they use in the wing mount. If you turn the truck upside and remove the screws willy nilly there is a chance one or more of those nuts will go bouncing off into the void.

Once you get the splitter and diffuser off it is almost like all the other 6s trucks. Same basic principles used.

Those shims on the rear hubs are to lengthen or shorten the wheel base. They should be installed equally on both sides.
l
Yes they are for wheel base adjustments. I lengthened my Notorious WB doing that It's a subtle difference though. Andyou have to consider the dog bone alignment at the rear hub when doing that.
The Infraction was a pretty nice rendition of this 1:1. Arrma makes some of the nicest lookingunlicensed RC bodies out there
FH4_Hoonigan_Ford_F-150_Front.jpg
112024_sc5ptn.jpg

Last edited:
You know I felt the same way with the V4 Kraton. The instructions showed shims that I didn't have on the rear. I had one but I think it showed more than that. Since there was no play I just figured I was either crazy or I somehow lost it, which I highly doubt. Very strange though.
Same exactly with my V4 Kraton.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back