Infraction Infraction tires. "Money Pit" and suspension.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronparfitt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Senton 6s
GRP GT - TO1 Revo Belted Pre-Mounted 1/8 I tried a new tire today solely for the purpose of longevity. I was pleasantly surprised I also got more grip out of the deal. They pick up little rocks like a Michelin sport cup tires. They are I believe 2mm shorter and narrower. Don't quite look as good as the hoons but worth the sacrifice and don't worry they still smoke! Also a few dollars less to buy.. I will have to update tread life but after one run it appears to be much better. Thought I would share. Also anybody share their suspension settings ride height and pretension that works the best?

Those GRP tires are very popular! They have different rubber composites from very soft TO1 - very hard hard TO7. Most owners will decide on the tires based off of there location and ambient temperatures. The hotter it is the harder composite you want, the colder the softer...

You can sometimes find those tires on Ebay with a 'Buy More for Cheaper" option as well!!

For suspension, I just try and set my rear shocks a lil stiffer then front, so it still gives that nose down look even upon acceleration as my rigs that run these tires are more setup for speed runs!

Glad you found the good tires! Have fun! ? (y)

Those GRP tires are very popular! They have different rubber composites from very soft TO1 - very hard hard TO7. Most owners will decide on the tires based off of there location and ambient temperatures. The hotter it is the harder composite you want, the colder the softer...

You can sometimes find those tires on Ebay with a 'Buy More for Cheaper" option as well!!

For suspension, I just try and set my rear shocks a lil stiffer then front, so it still gives that nose down look even upon acceleration as my rigs that run these tires are more setup for speed runs!

Glad you found the good tires! Have fun! ? (y)

For auto-x (and some drag racing setups) on full size vehicles we generally run the rears softer (shocks and springs matched to vehicle weight) to allow the rear to squat and transfer for grip at both ends. Under acceleration the squat helps to put more pressure on the rear tires for traction. Under braking the soft rear suspension allows weight transfer (or nose dive) to the front to put more pressure on the front tires for braking and steering grip. Always too much of a good thing, too soft and you bottom out the rear and your front could nose dive too much. Just random insight :)

For auto-x (and some drag racing setups) on full size vehicles we generally run the rears softer (shocks and springs matched to vehicle weight) to allow the rear to squat and transfer for grip at both ends. Under acceleration the squat helps to put more pressure on the rear tires for traction. Under braking the soft rear suspension allows weight transfer (or nose dive) to the front to put more pressure on the front tires for braking and steering grip. Always too much of a good thing, too soft and you bottom out the rear and your front could nose dive too much. Just random insight :)
Completely understandable!! I run it with this setup for my speed run rigs, want that nose down on 100+mph at all times!! Much rather figure out aero or gearing instead of it parachuting!! (y) :woot:

Was just throwing out contrast :) full size vehicles suspension can make a huge difference over aero parts. RC is the inverse hahaha need all the aero you can get to keep it on the ground lol.

But seriously I remember back in the early 90s then the fastest electric rc drag car (Rc magazine and I forget the name) had a servo that flipped a switch. The switch simply connected the battery power to the motor. No esc, just battery to motor.

Was just throwing out contrast :) full size vehicles suspension can make a huge difference over aero parts. RC is the inverse hahaha need all the aero you can get to keep it on the ground lol.

But seriously I remember back in the early 90s then the fastest electric rc drag car (Rc magazine and I forget the name) had a servo that flipped a switch. The switch simply connected the battery power to the motor. No esc, just battery to motor.
That is a crazy setup! He just flip the switch when the light turned green? That would very different, full out power until you hit the switch again!! ?

Completely understandable!! I run it with this setup for my speed run rigs, want that nose down on 100+mph at all times!! Much rather figure out aero or gearing instead of it parachuting!! (y) :woot:
My nose ain’t lifting up with the weight of that 1/5 motor ?

Pics of this tyre?

Thank you thats helpful.

Thanks that's helpful what springs come stock?
has anyone tried the 1/5 scale GRP tires. I don't know if they will fit height or width. If so how did you convert to 18mm.

Found tires for 17.99 plus shipping
Screenshot_20200412-074547_Chrome.jpg

I’ve had GRP S5 wheels and they’re decent. I can’t stand the look though so I’m paying a premium for hoons, it’s worth it IMO. Sometimes there are deals, people sell a couple sets for cheap when they leave the hobby.
Maybe I'm getting better with the car but to me it seemed like with s5 compound I got ALOT more grip. And lasted longer. They are ugly but worth it at this point. Hoping 1/5 scale will look better just can't find 18mm square adapter that work on infraction

Ok thank you. I have looked at these. I have not ordered them cuz I don't know if they'll work on the infraction I only have two armored vehicles infraction and a senton. Will these work and what about the thinner set? The reason I ask is the 1/5 tires are wider
Significantly wider. It will not fit under the body...

GRP GT - TO1 Revo Belted Pre-Mounted 1/8 I tried a new tire today solely for the purpose of longevity. I was pleasantly surprised I also got more grip out of the deal. They pick up little rocks like a Michelin sport cup tires. They are I believe 2mm shorter and narrower. Don't quite look as good as the hoons but worth the sacrifice and don't worry they still smoke! Also a few dollars less to buy.. I will have to update tread life but after one run it appears to be much better. Thought I would share. Also anybody share their suspension settings ride height and pretension that works the best?

I ran these prior and they worked out well
Far better than the grp revos
I only get like 3-4 sessions out of those and that’s not even drifting or burning rubber !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back