Infraction tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Burning through my Hoons on my new Infraction pretty quick, I know everyone’s surprised!? Thinking of heading out and getting a new set. GRP’s or Hoons??? I know the Hoons are a little more expensive and the GRP’s are a little smaller. Which one is better for all around street bashing? Most important question, which one lasts longer?

Hoons for all round bashing. Just stock up on em. Remember there’s 3 types - silver, white (standard) and gold. Silver being the hardest compound and gold being the softest.

The silver hoons last way longer if you are just slightly easy on them. I'm in TX and our surface temps are 100+ right now ( Actually bashed the V2 infraction yesterday and the pavement measured 110 ) - and I can erase most of the tread on the white hoons in a single run. The silvers last many runs if you resist the urge to smoke them.
:cry:

Dear every manufacturer - someone please make us cheaper tire / wheel combos. We are happy to glue them ourselves.
I would love to see a belted "slip on" solid tire with a cheap dish rim for say - $15- a set ? I'll buy 10+ sets !!!
:p

Also the grp S7 compound is great - I have two runs on a set and have not exploded them yet. I'm curious how long they will last. They make the whole truck a bit lower though and I would not recommend for rougher surfaces. If I ran these all the time I would lift the truck a few mm.

110F is not that hot for a road temp. Heck here in NW Ohio I see temps above 140F on the road I speed run at. That’s a hot sunny day, usually 90F+ ambient temperature.

My first set of GRP S7 compound lasted about 3 months, 2 crashes and a fair amount of running around of the streets in my neighborhood.

Can you explain this a bit? I would think a softer rubber would stretch and blow before a harder rubber. @jondilly1974, maybe you can chime in?
I’m not a fan of the S7s. Having trouble keeping them on the road. I prefer the softer versions and will just live with them not lasting as long.

I like the s7 grip and life. I think driving technique and surface has a bit to do with it. And maybe factor in surface temp.

I like the silver Hoons and S7 slick GRPs both for just hooning parking lots since it's not stupid hot where I live so harder compounds slide better/last longer. If I want more traction I go with GRP S5s or I stick with the silvers after doing a standing burnout first to get some heat in the rubber before letting it loose.

It gets hotAF here and humid. I've measured pavement temps in the 140s. The S7 worked really well during July and early August. Now that the temperatures have begun to cool, I would have to perform burnouts to get the tires tacky before a speed run attempt. Mine lasted a while under those conditions, but I have chewed them up by flat spinning, crashing and other unfortunate events. I have now switched to S4s. I have yet to run them but they are definitely softer. The S7 are hard and require a lot of heat to get them to stick. In a bashing type situation you are going to spin a lot unless they are warm. We deal with temps in the 100s with 70+ humidity so our pavement gets hot day after day night after night. I'm hoping to get these S4s on the road when my new battery shows up. I'll give you my thought if you have any interest. I keep tabs of the temperatures and thought on traction in a little log I keep.

Hoons for my Infraction v1.... I live on hot TN I run the silver hoons. I tried the S5 and did not like them....just me personally for my one and only set just did not feel or drive the way I liked.

Like others, I do stack up on tires to have spares but I can get good life/runs even bashing out my Hoons with balancing, rotations...

I like the silver Hoons and S7 slick GRPs both for just hooning parking lots since it's not stupid hot where I live so harder compounds slide better/last longer. If I want more traction I go with GRP S5s or I stick with the silvers after doing a standing burnout first to get some heat in the rubber before letting it loose.
Just ordered a couple sets of s7’s in the J wheel and also ordered 1 set of s5’s... ??

I’m set..

79BFDDA4-54EB-4FA6-96F3-324D2283F460.jpeg
A0C1F1EB-8F68-4FF1-96B9-7AE207E92A81.jpeg
CD8210A0-65A7-4974-A5D0-BD7A5E063673.png

33A203FF-1851-40DC-B0B3-138C0E0676E9.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back