Infraction Infraction Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hookmeuprc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi guys.. I have an Infraction (8s), need some tyre advice..
Ran it for the first time today and destroyed the tires within 4 mins..
Not worn out, destroyed! It is a weapon!!
Think Arrma would warranty these?!

C99FA569-B584-4B75-883B-A219B564B409.jpeg
5F958B3E-7C6E-436E-B4D3-3D8AC20139D6.jpeg
5042B3A3-F6CE-4560-A1B0-B5F2EBBF0D43.jpeg
D2BA8714-B8EE-46CB-91AA-0F8D599DE0F0.jpeg
D2A82EAB-6DD5-48D2-B2A8-E87A99A1BE26.jpeg
CBE91ABF-89F9-475C-81D5-8B19BF0EB2F5.jpeg
5EE9180C-36DA-4313-A975-75828F2E9465.jpeg

Any better tires than the DBoots?? Ones that will hold up??

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys.. I have an Infraction (8s), need some tyre advice..
Ran it for the first time today and destroyed the tires within 4 mins..
not worn out, destroyed! It is a weapon!!
Think Arrma would warranty these?!

View attachment 102410View attachment 102404View attachment 102405View attachment 102406View attachment 102407View attachment 102408View attachment 102409
Any better tires than the DBoots?? Ones that will hold up??

Cheers
GRP tyres seem to hold up really nice, especially the S7 (hardest compound) hold up way better. They have also more grip which can be and advantage or disadvantage depending on your driving style :)

Haha!!...... That’s Awesome!!!
Were you Bashing around with the 27T on 8s? If that’s the case I don’t think there will be a tyre on the shelf than can cop that abuse.

Last edited:
No just ‘breaking it in’ in the car park at work (yeah bashing).. ?
Err.. No, not the 27 tooth pinion, running a 30.. ? Built the car to take abuse but I can’t make tires.. Thought I would at least get a full run out of a new set!
Was only joking about the warranty! Sorry, my bad humour.. ?
Will have to give the GRPs and silver DBoots a crack! Thanks guys!

Err.. No, not the 27 tooth pinion, running a 30.. ? Built the car to take abuse but I can’t make tires.. Thought I would at least get a full run out of a new set!
I just picked up a set of 4 of these GRP slick S7 tires!
1601462948352.png

What are your motor temps with this setup?

I just picked up a set of 4 of these GRP slick S7 tires!
View attachment 102426
Nice! Let me know how they go..
Have seen some high speed blow outs with GRPs but still keen to try them..
If I was going to do high speed runs, which I may at some point, I would probably put foamies on..
I know tires will not last long but I was expecting they would wear out not blow out.. Just hoped for more than half a run!
At around a $120+ a set, wanted more..

Thought the belts would have been put in with the rubber when moulded, like steel belts in proper car tires, not just stuck/melted to the inside..

Haven’t downloaded the data from the ESC yet but it was warm, not hot.. Have thermal cutout set through the ESC but didn’t exceed the parameter set or it would have cut out.. The 3 x WTF fans appear to be good enough to keep temps down..

Last edited:
For what it's worth, my S5 GRPs exploded on my Typhon geared for 120mph and they were literally bald, I could see the stitching for the band.
Other than that I've never had a problem, if you can call the aforementioned scenario a problem (imo I was asking for it).
I'm assuming the higher the compound the better it is for burnouts (specifically the amount of smoke), S1 compound literally just melted and threw molten rubber everywhere, whereas my S5s smoked the street out.

I will stress they are really unbalanced, I've owned three sets of GRPs and every single one without fail was horrifically off balance.

Nice! Let me know how they go..
Have seen some high speed blow outs with GRPs but still keen to try them..
If I was going to do high speed runs, which I may at some point, I would probably put foamies on..
I know tires will not last long but I was expecting they would wear out not blow out.. Just hoped for more than half a run!
At around a $120+ a set, wanted more..

Thought the belts would have been put in with the rubber when mounded, like steel belts in proper car tires, not just stuck/melted to the inside..

Haven’t downloaded the data from the ESC yet but it was warm, not hot.. Have thermal cutout set through the ESC but didn’t exceed the parameter set or it would have cut out.. The 3 x WTF fans appear to be good enough to keep temps down..

the TRACK I have set up is about 75 ft long and 30ft wide! My stock parameters have been 145 -147 but that was after 14 minutes of pretty hard on it. This was with 2 3s Lectron 50c 5200mah lipo! Now with my #GAMAECHANGERFAN & my new 2 3s SMC Tru Spec Extreme Graphene 6500 mah racing lipo's and I will be installing a Robinson Racing 20t pinion.

1601469480507.png

Well, I really like it with the new GAME CHANGER FAN which blows a ton of air!! I haven't tested it yet so I can give you any numbers on temps, etc.
Going out this weekend and setting up the track but this time I am going to gear up to a 20t pinion and see what kind of temps I reach on my new SMC Graphen lipos i got! Running 2 of these and wow, you can really tell the power right off the bat ? ? ?
1601472161076.png

For what it's worth, my S5 GRPs exploded on my Typhon geared for 120mph and they were literally bald, I could see the stitching for the band.
Other than that I've never had a problem, if you can call the aforementioned scenario a problem (imo I was asking for it).
I'm assuming the higher the compound the better it is for burnouts (specifically the amount of smoke), S1 compound literally just melted and threw molten rubber everywhere, whereas my S5s smoked the street out.

I will stress they are really unbalanced, I've owned three sets of GRPs and every single one without fail was horrifically off balance.

Have seen the results of GRPs exploding at high speeds, but I will give it to Arrma, aside from a few broken splitters, there was no major damage, most were still drivable.. They build tough cars!

I spent about a year building my infraction (very time poor).
Bought it and said to myself (as I am sure a number of us have), just going to drive it, no mods needed, does 129kph out of the box, no need to..

I just can’t help myself! ???

Have a heap of new stock parts from the car now ?
Started with the motor and ESC which cost somewhat more than the infraction! ?
Then the cap pack, NEU brushless servo, carbon fiber bits, HR ally bits, 8mm center shafts and modded titanium braces to fit them, diffs, chassis protector (AU flag design), better get Boca’s orange seal bearings I said to myself.. It’s crazy, the list goes on and on and on.. Shorter list of what is stock! ???
There are worse addictions I am sure!
0E89F0D6-C716-4591-90BF-6C4C7F7A7819.jpeg
A3FD2F55-8A2A-497C-80C3-33AC1D89DCBB.jpeg
32738F15-26C0-4A6C-A830-9723771F75AB.jpeg
2FCE6D80-BF92-43E2-8464-A43F3A00609A.jpeg
DD089A8C-32CE-45EC-B0B5-9BD772816356.jpeg

I did balance these tires, seems now to have been a waste of time ???
Well, I really like it with the new GAME CHANGER FAN which blows a ton of air!! I haven't tested it yet so I can give you any numbers on temps, etc.
Going out this weekend and setting up the track but this time I am going to gear up to a 20t pinion and see what kind of temps I reach on my new SMC Graphen lipos i got! Running 2 of these and wow, you can really tell the power right off the bat ? ? ?
View attachment 102430

Nice one! ???

I have Revolectrix silver label 4s 1p 70c 5000mah, only used them for a very short time, 4 minutes, but they didn’t even get warm..
I stayed away from 2p Lipo configurations, mainly due to early days of lipos internally running parallel cells to double the capacity and C rating was still new and not great back then.. Haven’t heard anything bad about them recently, the tech is so much better! Just wish lipos were easier to get out of the US, so many more to choose from!! ?

Last edited:
How do you like that MGM ESC with LMT motor? I have yet to hear any feedback from users. Specifically most interested in the comparison against Castle ESCs.

It was a very short run but they are great! It’s a monster setup! (Pardon the pun - castles) ?
I have used a number of different ESCs and motors in a heap of different models over the years, MGM, Hacker, Castles, NEU, LMT, Himark, Hyperion etc..
After lots of testing and destroying them, I kind of stuck with MGM..
Castle are really great, I still have a few.. Heard lots of good things about the new ones!
I had a MMv1 in my LOSI 8ight E v1 (if that tells you how long ago ?) well, 5 actually, fried all of them on 4s with a NEU 1512 1.5D I think it was, might have been 2.5D (3300kv) tried an X series 28025 (280 amp constant 25v/6s rated) never had a problem since..

Have a number of MGMs ranging from 6amp in my 1/24 LOSI to this 250 amp 35v, lots in between, boats, cars planes.. Have had one fail in a boat. Was 160 amp 25v, the A phase failed, sent it to MGM and they fixed it at the cost of me posting it there. Great service..

Doesn’t matter the brand or how good it is, can push any of it past its limits and it will fail at some point..

Really like the programming capabilities of MGM and the build quality is the best I’ve seen..
You can do so much in them and they have data loggers built in now (used to have to buy a separate black box for the old Z series). You can even download the data and send it to MGM for analysis/advice!
Can get into trouble with programming if you don’t know what you are doing or not careful in there..
LMTs - One of the best motors out there IMO.. Lots of world records with boats, which are harder on all electronics than any other RC, really good motor..

I think I read somewhere that LMT are now offering a carbon fiber sleeve to go over the magnet to run 30% above the rpm rating?? don’t quote me though!

Great combo, just expensive.. ???

Last edited:
How do you like that MGM ESC with LMT motor? I have yet to hear any feedback from users. Specifically most interested in the comparison against Castle ESCs.

Just downloaded the data.. I could have sworn there was a motor temp on the graph but I must be mistaken.. ?
The motor temp cutoff is set to 90 degrees (Celsius), it didn’t cut out, don’t think it got anywhere near it.. ?
Will have to take my temp gun out with me next time and see..

Have seen the results of GRPs exploding at high speeds, but I will give it to Arrma, aside from a few broken splitters, there was no major damage, most were still drivable.. They build tough cars!

I spent about a year building my infraction (very time poor).
Bought it and said to myself (as I am sure a number of us have), just going to drive it, no mods needed, does 129kph out of the box, no need to..

I just can’t help myself! ???

Have a heap of new stock parts from the car now ?
Started with the motor and ESC which cost somewhat more than the infraction! ?
Then the cap pack, NEU brushless servo, carbon fiber bits, HR ally bits, 8mm center shafts and modded titanium braces to fit them, diffs, chassis protector (AU flag design), better get Boca’s orange seal bearings I said to myself.. It’s crazy, the list goes on and on and on.. Shorter list of what is stock! ???
There are worse addictions I am sure!
View attachment 102467View attachment 102468View attachment 102469View attachment 102470View attachment 102471
I did balance these tires, seems now to have been a waste of time ???

Nice one! ???

I have Revolectrix silver label 4s 1p 70c 5000mah, only used them for a very short time, 4 minutes, but they didn’t even get warm..
I stayed away from 2p Lipo configurations, mainly due to early days of lipos internally running parallel cells to double the capacity and C rating was still new and not great back then.. Haven’t heard anything bad about them recently, the tech is so much better! Just wish lipos were easier to get out of the US, so many more to choose from!! ?

Hookmeuprc WHAT KIND Of motor are you running and is that a 6s ripper killer cap pak?

Looks good!!
I will be installing the Castle Creations MAMBA XLX2, 8S, 33.6V ESC, 20A PEAK BEC & an 8s RIPPLE KILLER cat pack set up in my v2 Infraction!
Which should put me np in the 120mph club.

MAMBA XLX2, 8S, 33.6V ESC, 20A PEAK BEC.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good!!
I will be installing the Castle Creations 1/6 Mamba Monster x 8S 33.6V WP ESC w/1717-1650KV set up in my v2 Infraction!
Which should put me anywhere around the 120mph club.

View attachment 102520
With the right gearing, you could be in the 140+ range ??

You will need a Limitless spool the get gearing in that range. I would also recommend a @PPS-RC motor mount and diff setup with the V2 brake mount attachment. This will allow for perfect mesh with a wider range of gearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back