Infraction Infraction upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haroneezy

Reaction score
Have infraction 6s smc 9700 for about 2 months now drove it some good time balls to the wall I guess ? couple sets of tires so far.. was wondering what’s some upgrades should I do? Dono someone told me that I need to change the diff oil... any advice or suggestions?

Have infraction 6s smc 9700 for about 2 months now drove it some good time balls to the wall I guess ? couple sets of tires so far.. was wondering what’s some upgrades should I do? Dono someone told me that I need to change the diff oil... any advice or suggestions?
Time to replace your diff and shock fluids. You’ll want to clean and lube your bearings, or just replace them. Check all screws. Make sure your diffs are properly meshed and shim if necessary.

Other then maintenance if things have been working why change anything.. I would up the diff fluid weight but that's about it. These are pretty stout rigs.

If everything works, just general maintenance sounds good. The only electrical upgrade I’ve done is to replace the Arrma steering servo with something better. I did print a set of front wheel skirts and wheel wells/side skirts which have greatly cut down on the amount of debris getting into the vehicle.

Time to replace your diff and shock fluids. You’ll want to clean and lube your bearings, or just replace them. Check all screws. Make sure your diffs are properly meshed and shim if necessary.
I am new to the Infraction myself and was wondering how you check the diffs to make sure they are meshed properly and where you shim it (or how)

I am new to the Infraction myself and was wondering how you check the diffs to make sure they are meshed properly and where you shim it (or how)
What I do is take the bulkhead off the chassis. This way you can see the mesh visually thru the bottom hole with the diff cover in place.

Hold the diff output cup so it can’t spin, then move the input gear back and forth. You want the smallest amount of slop you can get without it being completely slop free. This is called backlash. You don’t want them jammed tight. You also don’t want them so sloppy that they skip teeth. Keep adding shims until you get it dialed in. One rig might not need a single shim and the next might need four. That’s why we check them.

What I do is take the bulkhead off the chassis. This way you can see the mesh visually thru the bottom hole with the diff cover in place.

Hold the diff output cup so it can’t spin, then move the input gear back and forth. You want the smallest amount of slop you can get without it being completely slop free. This is called backlash. You don’t want them jammed tight. You also don’t want them so sloppy that they skip teeth. Keep adding shims until you get it dialed in. One rig might not need a single shim and the next might need four. That’s why we check them.
Thank you very much. If its not to much trouble, do you know what to use for a part number for shims or where to get them?

Back