Infraction Infraction v1 Drift and Bash Setup - Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Looking for options, thoughts, or suggestions for a good tuned Infraction v1cdrift rig

I see more posts on Infraction speed run setup...and I get it no one wants an airplane for a surface rig....much more important

I wanted to ask about a bash setup. Out of the box, the Infraction is cool, but I am a bit picky on the look, run, and setup.

My bashing goal is to drift\bash, turn and maneuver at high speed in the open mall parking lot. I set out certain cones and use mall lot islands as well to swing around and the open space in my play. As for speedruns, never but I do enjoy blasting it down the long straight at full throttle to toss it into a long sweeping drift...or just a quick straight run.

Want I do not like is to see the front ride higher than the rear in driving or bashing. When corning do not like to see either of the front fenders standing as tall as a Mojave or Senton in a turn.

Here is what I have done and working with:
  • 6S only two China Hobby 3S 6200mah batteries for balance
  • Stock 2050kv motor
  • Stock 18T pinion
  • Spektrum 160A ESC
  • GRP hard rim tires S7 (summer) S5 (fall)
  • Front springs upgraded from 27 to 32 in/lb
  • Front springs sleeve is adjusted down
  • Front droop have the arms up at max
  • Rear springs stock 38 in/lb
  • Rear springs sleeve is slightly adjusted dow
  • Rear droop is adjusted
  • Chassis is racked.
    • The front if I push hard barely goes down due to the spring tension and front max droop. My thinking there when it powers off the LIFT in the front is limited as well lift in corning
    • The rear if I push down hard on the rear if will get level with the downward force but not lower than the front. My thinking there while in motion downward force will level the rig
    • What I am expecting and I could be wrong, is the front naturally will lift on hard throttle take off but not by much and the rear will drop on power and the rear has a clear wing so it creates a level ride...or again the rear never gets lower than the front.
  • Shock oil is all stock 2000cst I believe...
  • Rear camber is stock but has had some slight adjustments where both wheels are even and flat to the surface
  • Front camber has the tires flat as well looks like they are standing up at 0 deg or maybe a slight -1
  • All 4 tires wear evenly when bashing and changing them out
  • Diff: 60\200\30k was a recommendation it has been good for me to power out of slides with control. Rich Duperdash recommended 50\200\20k to me but I have never tried it. Open to suggestions for drifting
  • All diffs are stock with stock gearing. Well, the center is a metal Arrma diff.
  • Lower chassis has skid plates in various locations to protect the splitter, at the lowest diff and places in the rear
  • DX5C with SR6100 AVC gyro all 3-setting are adjusted to my comfort

Again looking for anything better I can do.
- Change sway bars. I do have two sets of 2.7mm in the closet compared to the 2.4mm that comes on the Infraction. Not sure if this is a help or negative would need that knowledge.

- Change the diff

- Change the stance, readjust the suspension. I am taking pieces I have read on speedruns and applying what I think I need for a fast car but drift setup

Any input fam?

Thx

Pictured is fully weighted with all batteries and how I made my adjustments while weighted.

1651260756718.png
1651260766308.png
1651260786830.png
1651260795963.png
1651260809882.png
1651260820807.png
1651260834572.png

Last edited:
Nice ride,for this style of lot ripping I've found a little bit of gyro set just right an it's a blast.about 20% was good for me..

Nice ride,for this style of lot ripping I've found a little bit of gyro set just right an it's a blast.about 20% was good for me..
Thank you Sir

Well noted and I do use one SR6100 with the DX5C. You are spot on! (y)

Stand all your shocks up, set droop to where spring just comes off the collar, soft springs on the rear, just hard enough to support the truck in front. Get a Tekno SCT 410.3 “C” block, and increase rear anti-squat and less neg toe in. High roll center at the rear, and longest camber links. Center and front diff 500K, rear 50k. Smaller sway bar at front, (2.3mm), bigger (2.7-2.8mm) in the rear. Decrease caster from 18deg to 10deg. Rake chassis 2 deg. Least amount of Ackerman possible. (I use the TLR Typhon Ackerman plate), and loose the tower to tower brace/)

:)I know it’s a lot, and some a little against what everyone else is doing, but this works.
9A20DC03-1C76-4E03-BA30-28CE0F5FED21.jpeg
646D68E5-70D0-41C0-A515-6890B28FEB02.jpeg
FE1CF456-919B-4070-94FE-C6C7532EAF16.jpeg
0A76B502-CD50-4A68-B416-8BA44DC7BE3E.jpeg
6B4F0488-A960-4EF4-91AB-8DCD4444BF01.jpeg
C5ED3596-1CA8-4151-8FF6-C134992A996C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back