Infraction Infraction V2 GTC Porsche 917K XL Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Some last parts I was waiting on just arrived today so I thought, maybe the time has come to start a build log...so here we are. Below are a few pictures of the stripped down car, the platform on which I'll be building. I'll get into the other parts as I add them.

Partslist:
Chassis, Center Brace & Servo Mount : Scorched RC GTC carbon fiber
Motor Mount: PPS
Spool & Ultra Stiff Springs: Joe Diaz
Center Drive Shafts: PerfectPass V2 carbon fiber
Dog Bones & CVDs: Scorched RC titanium
Ball Bearings: Fully kitted with Scorched RC Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
Front Knuckle Arms & Tie Rods: GPM
Steering Assembly: Scorched RC Servo Saver Delete, Titanium Ackerman Plate & Flanged Ackerman Bearings, ARRMA ball bearings
Servo: HRC Racing HV Titanium 44Kg, Scorched RC Servo Mount
GPS: SkyRC GNSS & 3D Printed Mount
Splitter: Homebrew Polystyrene
Miscellaneous: Aluminum L-Profiles w/Neodymium Magnet Side Body Holders

SAM_6221.JPG

SAM_6222.JPG

SAM_6223.JPG

SAM_6225.JPG

Edit: NO, I will not change the date on my camera 🖕:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
After a long wait, my set of Powerhobby Grippers finally arrived today. I detailed the sidewalls with a dab of paint pen and the look is completed with a set of Team Associated wheel nuts in blue.
1653694789154.jpeg

Here's what she looks like head on:
1653694950016.jpeg

Side view with some XLX2 side boob:
1653695041983.jpeg

XLX2 has been upgraded with a Powerhobby 50x50x28mm high output fan, 8mm bullets and pigtails for a cap pack:
1653695122178.jpeg

Starboard view of the TP 4080 2022KV powerplant:
1653695231192.jpeg

Here's a closer look at the "engine compartment". For those wondering about the green blob under the motor, it's half of a silicone mold from years ago that I placed under the butt of the motor for support because the can (isn't that a euphemism for butt?) on this thing is long.
1653695450598.jpeg

One last pic of the entire rear end (I swear to God...I'm not doing this on purpose):
1653695537374.jpeg

For the eagle eyed among you who are wondering what that is on the end of the motor...I erroneously ordered the open instead of the sealed end cap, so I fabricated my own endcap from the cardboard tube from a vape atomizer and an iced tea plastic bottle cap and painted it black like The Rolling Stones:
1653695706362.jpeg
1653695733009.jpeg

After a long wait, my set of Powerhobby Grippers finally arrived today. I detailed the sidewalls with a dab of paint pen and the look is completed with a set of Team Associated wheel nuts in blue.
View attachment 220065

Here's what she looks like head on:
View attachment 220066

Side view with some XLX2 side boob:
View attachment 220067

XLX2 has been upgraded with a Powerhobby 50x50x28mm high output fan, 8mm bullets and pigtails for a cap pack:
View attachment 220068

Starboard view of the TP 4080 2022KV powerplant:
View attachment 220069

Here's a closer look at the "engine compartment". For those wondering about the green blob under the motor, it's half of a silicone mold from years ago that I placed under the butt of the motor for support because the can (isn't that a euphemism for butt?) on this thing is long.
View attachment 220070

One last pic of the entire rear end (I swear to God...I'm not doing this on purpose):
View attachment 220071

For the eagle eyed among you who are wondering what that is on the end of the motor...I erroneously ordered the open instead of the sealed end cap, so I fabricated my own endcap from the cardboard tube from a vape atomizer and an iced tea plastic bottle cap and painted it black like The Rolling Stones:
View attachment 220072View attachment 220073
Nice build!

Red, white and blue theme?

Continuing with electronics, cap pack was installed. No, Bittydesign does not make cap packs. It's a Dr. AB Racing 15000µF 8S cap pack. At some point the printing on the label had rubbed off and I saw that one of my Bittydesign decals fit perfectly.
SAM_6243.JPG

I mounted the electronics box vertically to provide adequate clearance for lipos for future 8S parallel speed runs with 4x4S CNHL packs and two NMB 28,000rpm server fans bolted to a Powerhobby 2x40mm fan mount.
SAM_6244.JPG

My 4000mW signal booster finally arrived today and got everything strapped to my 7PXR with a 1500mAh 3S lipo.
SAM_6253.JPG
SAM_6255.JPG

3AM, Build is finished. Up front I have two sets of 3W/LED head lights connected to channel four on the receiver.
SAM_6256.JPG

Electronics box is buttoned up and stuffed to the gills with Castle Creations Futaba Telemetry Link & Direct Connect Duo, channel 3 is connected to the AUX input of the XLX2 controlling max power output and, to round it off, a Futaba SBS-01T Temp Sensor. I've removed the cooling fans for initial testing. Gearing set at 30/31T:
SAM_6259.JPG

Bringing up the rear is a 4000mAh LiFePO battery that powers the head lights and an ultra bright Fischer bicycle tail light:
SAM_6260.JPG

For initial testing I've thrown in a pair of Zeee 6000mAh 3S lipos. Here she is with a full load out. Time to take her out for a spin!
SAM_6262.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back